ImNotHades

Sophia Loren

And Uranus said: "Let there be a Sophia Loren thread."

All hail Uranus. ;)

• Like 1

All hail Uranus. ;)

Is she Ill or summat?

I thought she was dead... well goodness gracious me, her heart must still be going boom di de boom.

• Like 1

Stil looks pretty good to me

(EDIT: But that was from 2014 - sorry!)

Although not as good as she looked 50 years ago :)

But if this thread is just to give people an excuse to post photos of Sophia Loren from 50 years ago then I'm all for it!

• Like 1

I've been here since 2007 and as far as I can remember I've only started two threads.

(actually on checking I see it's three, but nm)

I'm Not Hades morelike I'm Not Starting Any Good Threads

at least she's relevant, unlike 50% of the people with threads here......

I've been here since 2007 and as far as I can remember I've only started two threads.

so? open another one, i don't see a problem......what's with you people, why are you all so angry all the time? someone lights a match and you all explode......

• Like 3

Well she was voted one of the 50 greatest movie stars of the 20th century (only 3 are alive now :Her Poitier and Kirk Douglas).Definitely famous enough for her own thread.

• Like 2

All hail Uranus. ;)

Is she Ill or summat?

All hail Uranus. ;)

Is she Ill or summat?

she's 81 and famous, enough for me to start a thread, but i guess i can only start a thread if someone totally irrelevant is ill or potential victim.... (joey feek and at least 100 others, but don't want to pint out anyone...)

All hail Uranus. ;)

Is she Ill or summat?

All hail Uranus. ;)

Is she Ill or summat?

she's 81 and famous, enough for me to start a thread, but i guess i can only start a thread if someone totally irrelevant is ill or potential victim.... (joey feek and at least 100 others, but don't want to pint out anyone...)

I don`t see the problem with starting threads. Especially in this case where the person is elderly and very famous.

• Like 1

so? open another one, i don't see a problem......what's with you people, why are you all so angry all the time? someone lights a match and you all explode......

Things have been a little tense on here of late, a certain member has been getting everyone's back up I wouldn't take it personally

• Like 4

Oh - I thought all these posts might have been photos of Sophia Loren from 50 years ago :(

Oh - I thought all these posts might have been photos of Sophia Loren from 50 years ago :(

Not having a pictures of Lily moment are you?

• Like 1

I think 30 years ago I may have had a few pictures of Lily moments whilst watching Sophia Loren films but marriage, now shrunk to simply age, has diminished the need.

• Like 2

una-giornata-particolare.jpg

(From Una giornata particolare (1977))

I would, and Mastroianni wasn't too shabby either then..

I lusted after the girl-next-door types like Susan George, Sally Thomsett, and Jenny Agutter.

I happen to think that most individuals are only worth a thread if they are known to be ill, have a reckless lifestyle, or are regularly in the news.

Otherwise these threads tend to sink quickly into obscurity, and people forget they exist.

There are generic threads to cover most people.

Yes, things like "why did you post this here?" and "can't you look up the proper thread?" Some of these folks should chill a bit.

She would have had her thread anyway, even without illness, I guess, because she would have been a suitable successor for Olivia De Havilland or KIrk Douglas on the Death List. This thread might be a little early, but I think it's justified.

• Like 2

I lusted after the girl-next-door types like Susan George, Sally Thomsett, and Jenny Agutter.

Oh surely room to lust after Sophia Loren and Jenny Agutter? Logan's Run, American Werewolf in London, the swimming scene in Walkabout.

Mind you 30 years ago Anne Diamond used to give me the horn so I wasn't really fussy!

Oh surely room to lust after Sophia Loren and Jenny Agutter? Logan's Run, American Werewolf in London, the swimming scene in Walkabout.

Mind you 30 years ago Anne Diamond used to give me the horn so I wasn't really fussy!

She may have once epitomised insipid wholesome breakfast tv, but then so once did Frank Bough...

• Like 1

I personally have no issue with Sophia Loren having her own thread, though I am far too young to remember her as a sex symbol. Just to play devil's advocate, if we're talking about ageing sex symbols deserving of their own thread, what about Gina Lollobrigida? She's got nearly 10 years on Sophia but is still going strong...

• Like 1

I personally have no issue with Sophia Loren having her own thread, though I am far too young to remember her as a sex symbol. Just to play devil's advocate, if we're talking about ageing sex symbols deserving of their own thread, what about Gina Lollobrigida? She's got nearly 10 years on Sophia but is still going strong...

I agree, i know them all, I'm a little bit obsessed with old Hollywood but I don't want to start any more threads since attacks keep coming......Gina Lollobrigida is one of few big names who don't have a thread but deserve one, when someone is 80+ you don't expect them to go so fast but it's 80+...... and the last time i checked that means old age, but thanks guys for support ;)

• Like 1