Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

How Old Are Dl Users?

How old are you?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, charon said:

I can't do first Dr Who as it is only a remembrance of landrovers and the English major.

Lost interest right fucking there..... Mon the daleks.

As an atheist....there is a god. Somebody understands.

On 28/03/2018 at 23:50, YoungWillz said:

First Doctor Episode: Pertwee falling out of the Tardis.

First Film: The Aristocats.

First Gig: Bronski Beat at the (now burned out) Victorias on Sauchiehall Street.

First Celeb Crush: See avatar. (I still would).

I'm probably showing my age and ignorance here but who is the celebrity crush in your avatar? 

My first celebrity crush indeed my first hard on was Sean Connery but given repeats of James Bond films have been on TV for years that doesn't give away my age! 

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm probably showing my age and ignorance here but who is the celebrity crush in your avatar

My first celebrity crush indeed my first hard on was Sean Connery but given repeats of James Bond films have been on TV for years that doesn't give away my age! 

:o

It is the (mighty) fine Matthew Waterhouse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Thanks. I shall now Google research him. I had previously assumed he was likely you and admiringly thought what a handsome chap you are! 

I'm sure you still are a handsome chap just not the one in the avatar! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He's in character there so it's Adric from Doctor Who

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thanks. I shall now Google research him. I had previously assumed he was likely you and admiringly thought what a handsome chap you are! 

He played Adric in Doctor Who. He was a woeful actor. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Deathray said:

He played Adric in Doctor Who. He was a woeful actor. 

Thanks. That series of Doctor Who was a bit too early for my watching of it which came a bit later on shall we say.. 

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

He played Adric in Doctor Who. He was a woeful actor

In your opinion. And loads of others.

Only I can see that his acting was exactly what was needed from that character. I shall not expound further, you'll have to buy me a pint and then we can discuss at length. :lol:

The finest exit ever on Doctor Who.

• Like 1

He is a terrible actor, tbf.

He did still have a good exit from the show. Which was originally scheduled for Nyssa, but as actress Sarah Sutton was Peter Davison's good good good personal friend, he argued for Adric to get the chop instead.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Only I can see that his acting was exactly what was needed from that character. I shall not expound further, you'll have to buy me a pint and then we can discuss at length. :lol:

A sort of family friend of ours in the 1990s apparently send in lots of letters of complaint over the shows axing in 1989  and petitions campaigning for the shows return throughout much of the nineties (and perhaps beyond as he moved away so we don't know if his campaign  continued). 

He was angry over how the show was treated by the BBC back in 1989. It was a long standing grievance of his! 

I previously went on a few dates to the Polo Lounge with a lovely bloke but one of the reasons the budding relationship failed was because he could not stop talking about Doctor Who! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Frankly, I think your dick is blinding your brain on that one, don't worry we've all got those instances in our lives. His acting was most definitely not what was needed from that character, he was an utterly shit actor. His exit was okay, if bizarelly casually dealt with in Time Flight, a suitable derision of him as a character.,

33 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Get a room ffs :D

• Haha 1

:lol: As I say, there isn't enough time to justify Adric's character and characterisation on here. He was naturally excellent as that character, and if need be, I'll buy the pints and discuss it at length.

Controversial opinion but I think the new doctor who is much better than the old series. I can't really enjoy the first or second doctors because so much of their episodes are still missing. The third and forth doctors were the best time but once the fifth doctor arrived the show became way too 80s. I just think the modern doctor who is much much better.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

:lol: As I say, there isn't enough time to justify Adric's character and characterisation on here. He was naturally excellent as that character, and if need be, I'll buy the pints and discuss it at length.

You would need to buy me a substantial amount if pints to convince me Matthew Waterhouse was a good actor or Adric was a good character. As substantial amount more might convince me anyone other than the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) was the best doctor. 

Just now, Deathray said:

You would need to buy me a substantial amount if pints to convince me Matthew Waterhouse was a good actor or Adric was a good character. As substantial amount more might convince me anyone other than the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) was the best doctor. 

Looks like it's going to be a long night in the bar! :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

, I'll buy the pints and discuss it at length.

Kenneth William gif fucking city :D

• Like 2

On 30/03/2018 at 14:36, YoungWillz said:

That is probably the  era of Doctor Who. Watch The Leisure Hive through to Caves of Androzani.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

That is probably the  era of Doctor Who. Watch The Leisure Hive through to Caves of Androzani.

The era of Doctor Who was 2005-10

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

The era of Doctor Who was 1963-89, 1993, 1996, 2005-present day, but anyhow...

:D

Anyhow on the topic of Doctor Who, I do hope @themaninblack comes back at some point.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, msc said:

The era of Doctor Who was 1963-89, 1993, 1996, 2005-present day, but anyhow...

:D

There's always one. We're clear discussing the best era of Doctor Who.

Although why the fuck are you including 1993? Your supposed to pretend Dimensions in Time never hapenned!

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

There's always one. We're clear discussing the best era of Doctor Who.

Although why the fuck are you including 1993? Your supposed to pretend Dimensions in Time never hapenned!

For some of us, Dimensions was the first new Who we were old enough to appreciate. Not everyone was lucky enough to get Rose or the Pertwee era! So it counts, for good or bad.

Mostly bad.

(PS Best era is 1970-4, though I'd stretch that to 68 to include the Yeti stories, Enemy of the World and War Games...)

Ha! The one where Wendy Richard thought she'd see 2013 and Arthur Fowler was dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm officially old. Brooklyn Beckham has announced his engagement and I can remember a time before his dad had even met Victoria.

• Like 1

Honestly surprising how many people here are 40+...

(I am 21)