Whitehouse

Pokémon Go Players

The current fad of today is playing Pokémon Go, searching for imaginary animal through augmented reality. But reality and augmented reality rarely mix well. Here's one of the first stories, albeit non-fatal, but nevertheless funny and an Omen of what will happen.

Pokémon Go player succesfully catches tree while driving.

Let the mahem begin!

Ok, it's not going to bring up any hot Deadpooling tips, but damned if I didn't laugh myself hoarse on seeing this thread appear. Well played.

Not involving potential stiffs but my fav story with this so far is the Westboro Baptist tussle, if only since I never expected to hear the phrase "sodomite Clefairy".

• Like 2

Shouldn't this be in the extra thread though

I can confirm that every news desk on the planet is eagerly awaiting the first Pokemon Go fatality. Reckon we're about five days away from it.

Good anyone that plays Pokémon deserves to die.

• Like 3

Disappointed by the relative infrequency of potatoes appeared to be centred in town and city centres with very long walks for everywhere else

Tempted to get it just to see what the fuss is about

I'm having a blast with it and everyone with an opinion can go fuck themselves.

• Like 4

It at least gets people off their fat asses and makes them move around outside. My kid actually went for a walk the other night to play this daft game, and she is generally surgically attached to her bed.

• Like 1

It at least gets people off their fat asses and makes them move around outside. My kid actually went for a walk the other night to play this daft game, and she is generally surgically attached to her bed.

Depending on her age you should really go with her or a mate should.

Someone in the US has written ups guide on how to customise a bike to play the game. That can't be entirely safe.

Oh and not to mention the sheer amount poke stops by by schools, churches and playgrounds( a by product of the whole thing being a reason of Ingress)

Someone in the US has written ups guide on how to customise a bike to play the game. That can't be entirely safe.

Oh and not to mention the sheer amount poke stops by by schools, churches and playgrounds( a by product of the whole thing being a reason of Ingress)

The potential for something to go horribly, horribly wrong with this seems enormous. But Nintendo will have thought that all through right?

The potential for something to go horribly, horribly wrong with this seems enormous. But Nintendo will have thought that all through right?

Thought about and dismissed out of hand. Ingress has been around for years and many people called for Pokemon go to have stronger security measures but Nintendo just care about the coin.

So far a player has crashed a car, armed robbery have lured players and a kids found a corpse.

• Like 1

Deathray fucking please nothing is going to her.

Police said two armed masked men held up the couple while they were at Tahmoor Park south of Sydney on Wednesday night searching for the virtual "pocket monsters".

The would-be robbers, who were carrying a rifle, fled empty handed.

New South Wales state police said there was "nothing to suggest" they had lured the 29-year-old players to the park through the app's geolocation feature.

SC

http://news.sky.com/story/pokemon-go-couple-threatened-at-gunpoint-10502247

I'd never heard of this game a week ago. I'm assuming it's sort of Virtual reality Pokemon, and therefore sounded like a cool harmless idea to some games boffin in Japan who didn't think how stupid vast chunks of the general public are?

• Like 1

I'd never heard of this game a week ago. I'm assuming it's sort of Virtual reality Pokemon, and therefore sounded like a cool harmless idea to some games boffin in Japan who didn't think how stupid vast chunks of the general public are?

It only came out in America a week ago and the UK yesterday.

It's augmented reality not virtual reality but essentially yes

If this came out twenty odd years ago I'd probably be all over it. Modern gaming fads just pass me by now, I'm getting old.

*sits in chair gently rocking and thinking of the N64*

• Like 1

If this came out twenty odd years ago I'd probably be all over it. Modern gaming fads just pass me by now, I'm getting old.

The actual game mechanics leave a lot to be desired

The actual game mechanics leave a lot to be desired

I'm a lazy sod. I'd rather sit in an armchair if I'm going to play video games.

Bless you for your concern. She is 19 😄😄😄

Goddamit, SO close but so far away.
Two men fall off a cliff playing Pokemon Go. Neither is dead though....unless 'unspecified injuries' are real bad.

SC

Thought about and dismissed out of hand. Ingress has been around for years and many people called for Pokemon go to have stronger security measures but Nintendo just care about the coin.

So far a player has crashed a car, armed robbery have lured players and a kids found a corpse.

The more you argue this the more agoraphobic you sound.

Bless you for your concern. She is 19 😄😄😄

Is she fit? Does she have a pulse?

Although in all seriousness she could still be lured by a rapist (although that could happen anywhere anyway)