Gooseberry Crumble

Joan Collins ultra glamorous British actress and Hollywood star

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Collins

Genuinely surprised that the legendary Joan Collins doesn't have a thread of her own. A household name whose fame was iconic in the context of the 1980s thanks to her role as superbitch Alexis Colby /Carrington in American soap Dynasty. 

First went to Hollywood around 1950 and starred in well over fifty films and became part of the Hollywood social scene. 

Never quite became an a lister in terms of films like say Elizabeth Taylor or Shirley Maclaine but nevertheless is a big name in her own right and definitely needs her own space on here! 

Don't get me wrong if appearances are right she's got many more years left in her as she radiates vitality and being active. 

So much more to say but I can expand on all that in the thread. 

• Like 1

Just a suggestion for future thread-making: descriptions are only supposed to be a few words, and nobody really uses tags.

• Like 1

Time and again, I feel those who die young aren't half as surprising as those who live to an old age sometimes.

• Like 1

Joan Collins will probably live to 100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadGuy said:

Just a suggestion for future thread-making: descriptions are only supposed to be a few words, and nobody really uses tags.

Lol Thanks! 

Joan Collins is certainly a hard person to summarise in just a few words but I get your drift! 

• Like 1

Back in the day I had a very dirty-minded boss who often used to ask if anyone had any new Joan Collins jokes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Back in the day I had a very dirty-minded boss who often used to ask if anyone had any new Joan Collins jokes.

Please share a Joan Collins joke with us if you know one. Thanks!

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Joan Collins will probably live to 100.

She certainly exudes that kind of unstoppable vitality although appearances can be deceptive. 

She still regularly flies to LA and generally globe trots a lot. Especially last year in the aftermath of the death of her younger sister novelist Jackie Collins she went on a lot of holidays Peru etc saying she was taking nothing for granted and seizing the opportunity whilst she could to visit these places. 

She also said last year she wasn't going to do anymore tours of her "one woman stage show"  once it had concluded it's 2016 run. 

Perhaps a small sign she's starting to slow down a bit? 

36 minutes ago, theoldlady said:
1 hour ago, Toast said:

Please share a Joan Collins joke with us if you know one. Thanks!

I can't actually remember any of his JC jokes, but another of his favourites was to enquire whether one had ever seen a pink elephant's trunk.

He would then pull out the linings of his trouser pockets, saying "Here's his ears".  :evil2:

Older readers may remember that early in his career Julian Clary used to perform as "The Joan Collins Fan Club".

4634862595_657793a87f.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I can't actually remember any of his JC jokes, but another of his favourites was to enquire whether one had ever seen a pink elephant's trunk.

He would then pull out the linings of his trouser pockets, saying "Here's his ears".  :evil2:

Older readers may remember that early in his career Julian Clary used to perform as "The Joan Collins Fan Club".

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Not forgetting Fanny, the wonder dog. 

No indeed. Here she is, bless her.

41dQBzSASfL.jpg

• Like 1

She could also fit in the Batman thread. She played Siren, in the 60s show.

I think Joan Collins is a fantastic and fabulous lady. I'm definitely a fan so I do hope after what happened with Loretta Lynn that I don't have the power to jinx people sometimes -especially Joan! 

Having said that I've often wondered with Joan looking so vital and youthful /energetic whether or not she's a big user of HRT and whether or not that's healthy in the long term? 

Especially when there's a family history of breast cancer eg her sister novelist Jackie Collins and her mother too. 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-may-a-star-is-born-joan-collins-turns-84-1495452811-htmlstory.html

Turned 84 yesterday. 

Usually indulges in some birthday chatter on twitter on this day but yesterday was quite sombre tweeting happy memories of her close friend Roger Moore who had just died. 

• Like 1

[Joan] told Good Morning Britain: 'I think that Sacha's being extremely naive and not really knowing the meaning of that word because what Tony admittedly was, is he loved young women and young women of 17, 18, 19 years old. Not children by any means.

Good for Joan.  It's so depressing that the meaning of the word paedophile is well on the way to being changed through misuse by the ignorant.
Soon we won't have a word to describe the real perverts who prey on babies, toddlers and pre-pubescent children.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2017 at 19:00, Toast said:
Good for Joan.  It's so depressing that the meaning of the word paedophile is well on the way to being changed through misuse by the ignorant.
Soon we won't have a word to describe the real perverts who prey on babies, toddlers and pre-pubescent children.

I agree that the blurring of the lines between the different categories and definitions is very unhelpful and in some ways dangerous as in some situations it facilitates a witch-hunt mentality and / or a puritanical panic. 

I was astonished the other day to see some people on twitter making out that Matt Damon was an evil piece of scum who should shut up merely for saying in an interview that all sexual harassment and unwanted sexual contact is wrong but rape is more serious than having your bum pinched. 

There were hysterical people outraged that anyone would say there's a difference between bottom pinching and rape! It was quite a bizarre read. They just wanted all behaviour they didn't like lumped together the same without differentiation. 

It was hard to grasp what they were actually objecting too and anyone who dared ask didn't meet with much coherence or sense. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I agree that the blurring of the lines between the different categories and definitions is very unhelpful and in some ways dangerous as in some situations it facilitates a witch-hunt mentality and / or a puritanical panic. 

I was astonished the other day to see some people on twitter making out that Matt Damon was an evil piece of scum who should shut up merely for saying in an interview that all sexual harassment and unwanted sexual contact is wrong but rape is more serious than having your bum pinched. 

There were hysterical people outraged that anyone would say there's a difference between bottom pinching and rape! It was quite a bizarre read. They just wanted all behaviour they didn't like lumped together the same without differentiation. 

It was hard to grasp what they were actually objecting too and anyone who dared ask didn't meet with much coherence or sense. 

It is all very worrying. 

Young people are being indoctrinated that having sex with your OH when you didn't really feel like it is on a par with, well,  what I call REAL rape.

Why won't these people accept that there is a huge gulf between minor misdemeanours and being violently raped by a stranger?

How do people form relationships in this peculiar new world anyway?  Harmless chat-up lines and tentative overtures seem to be taboo now, and fancying somebody in your workplace seems to be a sackable offence these days.  I despair.

• Like 1

Just seen her trending and assumed something else 

Maybe she has alzheimers and left the oven on?

• Like 1