football_fan

New Here And Just Saying Hello

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Speaking from experience, no doubt.

My mind read this with the wrong intonation at first.

Big difference between “speaking from experience, no doubt” and “speaking from experience, no doubt”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

On 15/01/2011 at 15:11, Estuarian Float said:

Looks like we have our 2,000th member? A welcome to "RiptOpify"! :ph34r:

you are trash

• Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, Fridaythe13th said:

Hello everyone: I’m new here! 

Welcome and enjoy the forum;)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Fridaythe13th said:

Really? 

• Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Fridaythe13th said:

Hello Fridaythe13th: You're new here!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

Really? 

That was kinda redundant of me to say I’m new here in introducing myself. Go me on that one. 

(not a smart ass remark)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, diego said:

Welcome and enjoy the forum;)

:scratchhead:

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Hey - everyone. I’m either being retarded or don’t know how the signatures work haha.

Is my signature working? I can’t see it but I’m on my cell phone, does it have to be desktop to see it.

if you do see it -it’s probably looking like a complete mess hahah. 

5 minutes ago, Fridaythe13th said:

Hey - everyone. I’m either being retarded or don’t know how the signatures work haha.

Is my signature working? I can’t see it but I’m on my cell phone, does it have to be desktop to see it.

It displays on my desktop. Signatures in general don't display on the mobile layout.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

It displays on my desktop. Signatures in general don't display on the mobile layout.

Thank you for the help!

On 20/11/2023 at 16:26, Fridaythe13th said:

I blocked signatures and presume many here do.  They used to be fun quotes and the like, then somehow the wave of 2017-2020 new members decided everyone was interested in THEIR gdamn deadpool rosters (hint: no one is) and compiled mastabatory lists that take up reams of webpage space.  So I blocked them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I blocked signatures and presume many here do.  They used to be fun quotes and the like, then somehow the wave of 2017-2020 new members decided everyone was interested in THEIR gdamn deadpool rosters (hint: no one is) and compiled mastabatory lists that take up reams of webpage space.  So I blocked them.

Thank you @Sir Creep 

That makes sense to me of why ppl block them.

You can block individual signatures and leave others visible.

If you want to list your deadpool teams in your sig, it's considerate to put them in a spoiler.

I block the long signatures but keep the ones that are not distracting. 

I guess it's hello to all the newbies

• Confused 1

@AstroKat as the official DL greeter, allow me to welcome you aboard.  As you’ve probably been lurking, you have the general idea how things go around here.  I only ask you pause 6 months before starting any new threads.  Thanks.  Otherwise have a grand old time and don’t beat up Greg Lake too much lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

@AstroKat as the official DL greeter, allow me to welcome you aboard.  As you’ve probably been lurking, you have the general idea how things go around here.  I only ask you pause 6 months before starting any new threads.  Thanks.  Otherwise have a grand old time and don’t beat up Greg Lake too much lol.

Thank you for the welcome, happy to be here.

Hi, I've been lurking here for the best part of ten years (I even drew up my own death lists for my office before Covid) and this is unbelievably the first time I've felt motivated to post. Weird to see all the different members come and go over the years. Hope I don't go too soon!

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Hi, I've been lurking here for the best part of ten years (I even drew up my own death lists for my office before Covid) and this is unbelievably the first time I've felt motivated to post. Weird to see all the different members come and go over the years. Hope I don't go too soon!

So you'll have Sir Creep sussed then when he comes here to tell you he's the "official greeter".  :D

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Toast said:

So you'll have Sir Creep sussed then when he comes here to tell you he's the "official greeter".  :D

I wondered who that strange man at the door was... 

• Haha 1

I would love to have an avatar.  Picture of Stargazer Lilies which is my favorite flower.  Could someone tell me in steps how to add an avatar.  I am not a computer savvy person, and I am afraid of just messing around trying to figure it out myself. Thank you

On 21/12/2023 at 22:11, Toast said:

So you'll have Sir Creep sussed then when he comes here to tell you he's the self appointed "official greeter".  :D

FIFY. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

I would love to have an avatar.  Picture of Stargazer Lilies which is my favorite flower.  Could someone tell me in steps how to add an avatar.  I am not a computer savvy person, and I am afraid of just messing around trying to figure it out myself. Thank you

Go to the members cp page and follow the instructions. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

Follow these steps:

On 20/11/2023 at 00:59, Death Impends said:

Go to your profile, there'll be a button in the bottom-left of your avatar that gives you the option to change it.

DLAvatar1.PNG.ac8a586ed547b7037b74d00ddc2b1deb.PNGDLAvatar2.PNG.715791521a062d3745d7c6d0b5ba1465.PNG

On 20/11/2023 at 00:59, TQR said:

Go onto your profile page and look for this icon:

430153341_Screenshot2023-11-20at00_57_26.png.6e436c94b1f4b3e75a2b0cdf74742912.png

When you click on that it'll prompt you to upload a picture. The pic needs to be 100kb or less and it's probably best it's square so it doesn't get chopped when you set it.

EDIT: Even here I get ninja'd.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1