football_fan

New Here And Just Saying Hello

Sadly not true, nobody has created a duplicate account in a long, long time. Those that did, back in the day, have left the DL.

Theirs not much making a dupe when you can just post as a guest.

Very True.

But, mods and admins can see your IP address Deathray.

Of course, but they could still do that if I created a dupe.

Unless used a proxy browser but even they aren't foolproof.

• Like 1

Sadly not true, nobody has created a duplicate account in a long, long time. Those that did, back in the day, have left the DL.

Theirs not much making a dupe when you can just post as a guest.

Very True.

But, mods and admins can see your IP address Deathray.

Of course, but they could still do that if I created a dupe.

Unless used a proxy browser but even they aren't foolproof.

or via phone which is a chanageable ip anyroads, plus it is easy to spoof your phone...

So, 660, alleged, kiddy fiddlers are anxiously consulting their legal help as they face questions...are we missing any notable posters today?

Holy shit MPFC. Only you would be er....... something enough to say that. Not sure what that something is, but anyway...

I must admit I went on one or two celebs' twitter pages to see if they were still tweeting. lulz

I thought when I saw this thread updated, you were going to complain about the fact that we've had new users who haven't introduced themselves using this thread.

Holy shit MPFC. Only you would be er....... something enough to say that. Not sure what that something is, but anyway...

I must admit I went on one or two celebs' twitter pages to see if they were still tweeting. lulz

I thought when I saw this thread updated, you were going to complain about the fact that we've had new users who haven't introduced themselves using this thread.

Aye, that really pisses me off, very rude of them. Would love to stop and chat but there's police in the road, the local vicar in handcuffs and his computer in a plastic bag. Dunno what it's about...I'll get back to you.

• Like 2

So, 660, alleged, kiddy fiddlers are anxiously consulting their legal help as they face questions...are we missing any notable posters today?

You can also check who hasn't been online since the arrests happened.

I owe everyone an apology for not saying Hello when I came on board in June, so please accept my apology. I had perused asa guest on several occasions, so God only knows why I didn't sign up until June.

What am I? Yorkshire born and bred, living in Manchester, part-time member of the judiciary, pissed off with every scumbag who is milking the system in this country and spend a lot of time at my local pub where we have an RIP list of 60 names( it was 50 to start with, but we had to extend due to popular demand) and where each contestant pays £2 monthly and gets a different name each month.

Biggest winner was £1000 when Bobby Robson died.

Belated greetings once again, and glad I am able to go on line and am not one of the 46 arrested in the Manchester area yesterday.

Hi guys, my name's Lii (also known as Deadlii) I can't really say much else.

Why? Are you posting from North Korea?

(just kidding. Welcome.... settle in, and feast on some of the disappointment of 2014. There's plenty to go around!)

• Like 2

Why? Are you posting from North Korea?

(just kidding. Welcome.... settle in, and feast on some of the disappointment of 2014. There's plenty to go around!)

Cmon now Lii we all know why you can't say much else your a spy for a rival deadpool aren't you ;) Welcome aboard and you should look into making a team for DDP 2015 its rather fun !!

Hi everyone! I'm a long time Deathlist forum lurked but I made a username so that I could comment on the daily hilarious posts I read.

• Like 1

Well done, welcome aboard...

Hi, New here and, as I am approaching it myself, I thought I would check from time to time who precedes me. Clearly I shall have no way of knowing who brings up the rear.

Hi, New here and, as I am approaching it myself, I thought I would check from time to time who precedes me. Clearly I shall have no way of knowing who brings up the rear.

Any chance you'll get a national press obituary? thx

• Like 2

So er.... how actually old are ya then?

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

Eh nevermind that. Didn't recognize it was you. You look...different.

Edited by Predictor

Welcome to the forum!

Eh nevermind that. Didn't recognize it was you. You look...different.

You thought I was a newbie with 2200 posts? Also I've had this new avatar for like 3 weeks now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, often people can be real chatterboxes when they arrive at a new environment so it wouldn't be surprising. It's like how excited children get on the first day of snow.

Your new avatar didn't show up on my screen until recently though. Perhaps because I've been forced to use my iPhone since September.

Mozilla Firefox on my computer doesn't start and since I don't have a browser, I can't install another browser. Quite the Catch-22, right?

I hate typing on my phone because the buttons are so small so I make 100s of typos if I write too fast. Strange as it sounds, I'm glad no one from my DL teams have died this autumn because I wouldn't be able to update my signature.

Sure, I could buy a new one but I have other more important priorities for my money.

:(

Mozilla Firefox on my computer doesn't start and since I don't have a browser, I can't install another browser. Quite the Catch-22, right?

Do you have a working ftp client on that computer? In most Windowses there is one, a command line client, named ftp.

Mozilla has a public ftp server with downloads for almost everything they publish. If you need assistance downloading a file there, I can help.

regards,

Hein

Also, highly unlikely he managed to uninstall (shudder) IE ,assuming it is windows....

Do you have a working ftp client on that computer? In most Windowses there is one, a command line client, named ftp.

Mozilla has a public ftp server with downloads for almost everything they publish. If you need assistance downloading a file there, I can help.

regards,

Hein

Now that you mention it, there is this thing called Kommandotolken. I thought it was just a remnant from the 80s so I've never used it before. Help from you would be greatly appreciated. :)

Btw, here's the message I get when trying to start the old fox...

@Charon. Explorer stopped working on my computer in 2011 hence I switched to another browser. :o

Help from you would be greatly appreciated. :)

Btw, here's the message I get when trying to start the old fox...

[picture snipped]

@Charon. Explorer stopped working on my computer in 2011 hence I switched to another browser. :o

My Swedish is a bit rusty... It seems the firefox executable can't be found or got damaged. Installing a latest version for your Windows should fix that. I'm watching footy now, but I'll get back to this after that.

regards,

Hein

I'm watching footy now, but I'll get back to this after that.

I watched the Ajax v Barcelona match, not much fun for Ajax supporters. I'm not a Ajax supporter, so I enjoyed it.

To business. Googling kommandotolken taught me that that is Swedish for command line, so it looks like what follows might work. The command line interface is indeed a remnant from the 80s, but it's still around and provides a few utilities for which there are no built-in graphical equivalents in Windows.

The following description is copied and pasted from a US English Windows. It probably works without change in a Swedish Windows, but I never used one, so you may have to change a name or insert a bork here and there.

1. Make sure that your computer has a working connection to the internet
  2. Start Windows Explorer, or any other file manager
  3. Create a download folder for Firefox on your file system. The exact location and name are not important, but do remember them. In this example I use C:\FFDL.
  4. Start a command line interface (CLI). Click Start menu/Run. In the edit box with prompt "Open:" type

cmd.

On success a new window opens with a command line interface, with a prompt like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Magere Hein\Application Data

In a CLI commands are entered by typing a command line, followed by hitting the [enter] key. In the rest of this instruction only the command lines show, not the [enter] key.
  5. Check if the prompt starts with the same drive indicator letter as the path to the download folder made in step 3. If it's not, change working disk to the latter by typing the letter in CLI, followed by a colon, like

X:
  6. Change working directory to the download folder created in step 3. CLI command:

cd \FFDL
  7. Start the ftp client. Command:

ftp
  8. The prompt of the command line should change to:

ftp>
  9. Connect to Mozilla's ftp server with command:

open ftp.mozilla.org

If that succeeds, you'll be shown a message like:

Connected to ftp.mozilla.org.
    220-
    220- ftp.mozilla.org / archive.mozilla.org - files are in /pub/mozilla.org
    220-
    220- releases.mozilla.org now points to our CDN distribution network and no longer works for FTP traffic
  10. The server prompts for a user name:

User (ftp.mozilla.org:(none)):
  11. I presume you're not a user on that server, so we're going to log in anonymously, by typing the command:

anonymous
  12. The server prompts for a password. You may leave this empty by tapping the [enter] key, but customarily the email address of the anonymous user is used. Type the command:

user@example.com

A message is displayed, which you may ignore, but the last line should read:

230 Login successful.
  13. Change source directory to where firefox downloads are. Command:

cd /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest/win32/sk

Presumably you want a Swedish language version. The server should show a message like:

250 Directory successfully changed.
  14. Start downloading the install executable with command:

get "Firefox Setup 33.0.2.exe"

The pair of quote marks are needed. The server should start the download with a message

150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for Firefox Setup 33.0.2.exe (36957256 bytes).

This will take a while. When it's done the server displays a message like:

ftp: 36957256 bytes received in 101.45Seconds 364.28Kbytes/sec.
  15. Close ftp with the command:
    bye
  16. Install Firefox from the download folder created in step 3 by starting the executable Firefox Setup 33.0.2.exe.

There are several hurdles at which you may stumble, but let's see how far you get. Good luck.

regards,

Hein

Steps 1-12 went smoothly but 13 is giving me an error message.

When I type cd /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest/win32/sk

I get the following message: "Anslutningen stängdes av fjärrvärden". So some sort of ftp connection was closed?

• Like 1