Is he dead yet?

He isn't, but I was beginning to think you were :angry:

Is he dead yet?

He isn't, but I was beginning to think you were :lol:

Think or hoped?

That voodoo doll didnt work, did it.

Bastard!! :angry:

Guest Guest

so another name on the deathlist celebrates yet another birthday.you'renot here to wish them a happpybirthday though.you're ehar to wish them a happy funeral! thi sis the worst mid august total since 1991. whats going wrong?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!1if nobody drops dead in the next 24 hours i might just kill myself!

so another name on the deathlist celebrates yet another birthday.you'renot here to wish them a happpybirthday though.you're ehar to wish them a happy funeral! thi sis the worst mid august total since 1991. whats going wrong?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!1if nobody drops dead in the next 24 hours i might just kill myself!

That would only really benefit us if you were one of the celebrities on the list...or if you were iain.

New pictures show Castro in rare public appearance: BBC website.

regards,

Hein

I thought Castro was a goner a couple of years ago! What can I say? Obviously being a Communist adds years to one's life. I should seriously consider converting!

I thought Castro was a goner a couple of years ago! What can I say?

I think he's been 's a good candidate ever since 2006, when his heatlh trouble started seriously. He's just a tough old boot.

Obviously being a Communist adds years to one's life. I should seriously consider converting!

Let's see:

• Luxemburg 47 (5 March 1871 – 15 January 1919)
  • Lenin 53 (22 April 1870 – 21 January 1924)
  • Trotsky 60 (7 November 1879 –21 August 1940, 70 years ago today)
  • Andropov 69 (15 June 1914 – 9 February 1984)
  • Ceauşescu 71 (26 January 1918 – 25 December 1989)
  • Chernenko 73 (24 September 1911 – 10 March 1985)
  • Stalin 74 (18 December 1878 – 5 March 1953):
  • Brezhnev 75 (19 December 1906 – 10 November 1982)
  • Khrushchev 76 (15 April 1894 – 11 September 1971)
  • Ho 79 (19 May 1890 – 2 September 1969)
  • Kim 82 (15 April 1912 – 8 July 1994)
  • Mao 82 (26 December 1893– 9 September 1976)
  • Hua 87 (16 February 1921 – 20 August 2008)
  • Tito 87 (7 or 25 May 1892 – 4 May 1980)
  • Deng 92 (22 August 1904 – 19 February 1997)
  • La Pasionaria 93 (9 December 1895 – 12 November 1989)

Dates swiped from Wikipedia, so YMMV.

Lenin died young, Luxemburg and Trotsky were murdered, always a risk for political activists. Ceauşescu died before a firing squad, also an occupational hazard. Ho, Mao, Hua, Tito, Deng and La Pasionaria proved that when a commie makes it to the top, he or she can live long and prosper.

The rest seem to make a reasonably normal spread of lifespans.

regards,

Hein

Guest WEP
I thought Castro was a goner a couple of years ago! What can I say?

I think he's been 's a good candidate ever since 2006, when his heatlh trouble started seriously. He's just a tough old boot.

Obviously being a Communist adds years to one's life. I should seriously consider converting!

Let's see:

• Luxemburg 47 (5 March 1871 – 15 January 1919)
  • Lenin 53 (22 April 1870 – 21 January 1924)
  • Trotsky 60 (7 November 1879 –21 August 1940, 70 years ago today)
  • Andropov 69 (15 June 1914 – 9 February 1984)
  • Ceauşescu 71 (26 January 1918 – 25 December 1989)

• Deng 72 (22 August 1904 – 19 February 1997)
  • Chernenko 73 (24 September 1911 – 10 March 1985)
  • Stalin 74 (18 December 1878[2] – 5 March 1953):
  • Brezhnev 75 (19 December 1906 – 10 November 1982)
  • Khrushchev 76 (15 April 1894 – 11 September 1971)
  • Ho 79 (19 May 1890 – 2 September 1969)
  • Kim 82 (15 April 1912 – 8 July 1994)
  • Mao 82 (26 December 1893– 9 September 1976)
  • Hua 87 (16 February 1921 – 20 August 2008)
  • Tito 87 (7 or 25 May 1892 – 4 May 1980)
  • La Pasionaria 93 (9 December 1895 – 12 November 1989)

Dates swiped from Wikipedia, so YMMV.

Lenin died young, Luxemburg and Trotsky were murdered, always a risk for political activists. Ceauşescu died before a firing squad, also an occupational hazard. Ho, Mao, Hua, Tito and La Pasionaria proved that when a commie makes it to the top, he or she can live long and prosper.

The rest seem to make a reasonably normal spread of lifespans.

regards,

Hein

Wouldn't a lifespan from 1904 to 1997 mean, that he was 92?

Let's see:

• Deng 72 (22 August 1904 – 19 February 1997)

Wouldn't a lifespan from 1904 to 1997 mean, that he was 92?

Yes, it would. Post so amendend.

regards,

Hein

[*]Lenin 53 (22 April 1870 – 21 January 1924)

I've just seen him, he didn't look a day over 40. The queue for The Chairman was far longer so I skipped the chance to compare Madame Tussauds efforts in dictator body doubles preservation for public display.

Digression over, as you were, long live El Comandante!

I will digress.

Just been to Tunisia (it was cheap) which has hordings galore of their "El Presidente" Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

There were times when I began to "get it" and see why Castro has been in full charge for so long.

Hey, im sure Cameron will get round to persuading the rest of the EU that Cuba and Tunisia, as well as Turkey deserve inclusion into the EU.

Im sure that will keep the Fundamentalists quiet, not as if the EU will be controlling them or owt, eh?

I supose the only difference between the two Presidents is the fact that one runs a country that, at times, looks like Beirut on a good day and the other one where the clock stopped in 1934 and again in 1957, if you see where im coming from.

All a bit bizarre.

May I recommend some more digression, what with Castro clearly not dead and unlikely to be for the next two decades....

I will digress.

Just been to Tunisia (it was cheap) which has hordings galore of their "El Presidente" Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

There were times when I began to "get it" and see why Castro has been in full charge for so long.

Hey, im sure Cameron will get round to persuading the rest of the EU that Cuba and Tunisia, as well as Turkey deserve inclusion into the EU.

Im sure that will keep the Fundamentalists quiet, not as if the EU will be controlling them or owt, eh?

I supose the only difference between the two Presidents is the fact that one runs a country that, at times, looks like Beirut on a good day and the other one where the clock stopped in 1934 and again in 1957, if you see where im coming from.

All a bit bizarre.

May I recommend some more digression, what with Castro clearly not dead and unlikely to be for the next two decades....

I sometimes wonder if we would be better off with one of these live in presidents. Just think no annual canvassing for bullshit local elections so random dogooders can discuss jam rights at local fetes, Britain in bloom and decide which roads to disrupt for the next 18 months all in the name of ineffective traffic calming. No elections equals no fliers equals no paper, ink and energy wasted (go carbon footprint!). Equally there'd be no TV broadcasts by all the loony corrupt Eton bumfun boys (and girls). Neither would we be disappointed or thoroughly pissed off when the politician you (didn't) vote for does a u-turn on his policies or chums up with the ones we really hate. We could also brighten up the place with some iconic slogans and posters. Perhaps wheel out Thatch as our "beloved leader", just to piss off the EU, I'm sure she'd make a perfect Kim the elder II. This leaves the sensible people in Whitehall to make all the executive decisions and we'd get a Boris in or some other classic spokesperson to relay the message to the people.

Only one drawback, in a People's Republic, what to do with the monarchy? sanglantguillo.gif

Salutations,

Comrade Mono.

[some snippage for brevity]

I like your new avatar, comerade. (saved here, in case you change it in the future):

av-2198.jpg

I sometimes wonder if we would be better off with one of these live in presidents. Just think no annual canvassing for bullshit local elections so random dogooders can discuss jam rights at local fetes, Britain in bloom and decide which roads to disrupt for the next 18 months all in the name of ineffective traffic calming. No elections equals no fliers equals no paper, ink and energy wasted (go carbon footprint!). Equally there'd be no TV broadcasts by all the loony corrupt Eton bumfun boys (and girls). Neither would we be disappointed or thoroughly pissed off when the politician you (didn't) vote for does a u-turn on his policies or chums up with the ones we really hate. We could also brighten up the place with some iconic slogans and posters. Perhaps wheel out Thatch as our "beloved leader", just to piss off the EU, I'm sure she'd make a perfect Kim the elder II. This leaves the sensible people in Whitehall to make all the executive decisions and we'd get a Boris in or some other classic spokesperson to relay the message to the people.

Dunno. I used to be a member of the Dutch Communist Party, when I was young and silly. lack of democracy in the party made me quit.

The problem with a one party dictatorship is that sensible people in power are replaced by ideologically sound and incompetent party bureaucrats. That's OK if that bureaucrat happens to be your uncle Bob, but if it's the bloke you had an argument with in the pub last week, it may mean the salt mines for you.

Only one drawback, in a People's Republic, what to do with the monarchy? sanglantguillo.gif

The Revolutionary Catechism, General Alberto Bayo's 150 Questions to a Guerrilla, doesn't answer that question directly, but I think question 4 gives us a guide line:

4. If the results of the investigation of his questionnaire reveal the applicant to be an informer or spy

who intends to enter our ranks to betray zips, what shall we do with him?

He will be judged by the Summary Court Martial as a traitor to the revolution.

viva!,

Hein

[some snippage for brevity]

I like your new avatar, comerade. (saved here, in case you change it in the future):

av-2198.jpg

What was life like without Google? I fear I may have forgotten.

Re the other bit, I wouldn't go for the full tin pot collection just have a happy leader face with everyone else recruited by interview, or public telecasting live on C4. It's the new red.

I've another suggestion too, with the European surplus of bureaucrats, we could each take turns in loaning Belgium a government, saving on redundancy packages and job seeker benefits. I'd happily step in, but I can't do Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays when there is an r in the month.

I like the idea that everyone has to pay a poll tax or stand for being a the leader of your local neighbourhood watch scheme.

Then those you vote in for that job are the only ones allowed to stand for local district councils.

Then only those who are district councillors are allowed to stand for the County Council posts.

Then only County Council office holders can be put up to be a Member of Parliament.

Serving a minimum four year term in each post, and then having to prove that you can indead do a good job, it may even stop the really silly numpties getting into areas of government you just dont want them in.

Castro planning trip to Venezuela.

If he can manage that, then he's not likely to be anywhere near death yet..

Then again, a bomb in his airplane seems a sounder idea than a poisoned cigar.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

castro is a brutal murderer and dictator, the cuban people have been opressed for 50 years, freedom for cuba die castro!!

castro is a brutal murderer and dictator, the cuban people have been opressed for 50 years, freedom for cuba die castro!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz