Guest Banshees Scream

Walter Cronkite

OOOoooooo Boy...could this be the one...

From Comcast.net---"NEW YORK — CBS isn't commenting on reports that veteran newsman Walter Cronkite is gravely ill. The 92-year-old former anchor of "The CBS Evening News," who has been ailing for some time, has reportedly taken a turn for the worse, according to TVNewser and other online sites. CBS News spokesman Kevin Tedesco had no comment on Friday."

Probably not. Unfortunately.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...19_walter_.html

No one's denying that he's ill, but rumors of his impending death are greatly exaggerated according to his Executive Assistant.

D@mn! :party:

It's taking forever for these celebs to pass away. You would think that all these "gravely ill" celebrities like Walter Cronkite, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, etc., would all be dead by now.

It's definitely a slow year for celebrity deaths. Walter Cronkite's death would be that *one* significant death of the year. but for now, looks like David Carradine could possibly qualify as the most significant death of 2009 b/c it seems like no really famous people have stepped up to croak this year! a lot of them have fallen gravely ill, and just when they were on the precipe of death, they miraculously recover (see Stephen Hawking). :D

It's taking forever for these celebs to pass away. You would think that all these "gravely ill" celebrities like Walter Cronkite, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, etc., would all be dead by now blah blah blah

7.gif

It's taking forever for these celebs to pass away. You would think that all these "gravely ill" celebrities like Walter Cronkite, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, etc., would all be dead by now blah blah blah

7.gif

3.gif

It's taking forever for these celebs to pass away. You would think that all these "gravely ill" celebrities like Walter Cronkite, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, etc., would all be dead by now.

It's definitely a slow year for celebrity deaths. Walter Cronkite's death would be that *one* significant death of the year. but for now, looks like David Carradine could possibly qualify as the most significant death of 2009 b/c it seems like no really famous people have stepped up to croak this year! a lot of them have fallen gravely ill, and just when they were on the precipe of death, they miraculously recover (see Stephen Hawking). :D

BC, can you please stop posting the same thing on practically every thread - seriously, we can all read and we dont need to read the same drivel over and over again. Once is enough.

Thanks for listening/reading.

HCW

To quell and squelch or skwelch and kwell the disgraceful and horrid rumors permeating the Internet about Uncle Walt, I contacted his secretary directly as of just a few short hours ago and was heartily assured that he is fine and dandy, fit as a fiddle and was apparently out jogging when he stumbled over a news tidbit laying on the ground which caused these dreadful rampant tumultuous rascally rumors to start being launched and spread like a pate on a Wheatsworth cracker (crackers which as far as I'm concerned are far too pricey).

I am scheduling time in my otherwise vacant schedule to visit Uncle Walt later and may have Unkie Wilfie come along as well provided he doesn't insist on dressing up as the Quaker Oats man again (((('twas sincerely embarrassing the last time he did that))).

To quell and squelch or skwelch and kwell the disgraceful and horrid rumors permeating the Internet about Uncle Walt, I contacted his secretary directly as of just a few short hours ago and was heartily assured that he is fine and dandy, fit as a fiddle and was apparently out jogging when he stumbled over a news tidbit laying on the ground which caused these dreadful rampant tumultuous rascally rumors to start being launched and spread like a pate on a Wheatsworth cracker (crackers which as far as I'm concerned are far too pricey).

I am scheduling time in my otherwise vacant schedule to visit Uncle Walt later and may have Unkie Wilfie come along as well provided he doesn't insist on dressing up as the Quaker Oats man again (((('twas sincerely embarrassing the last time he did that))).

You should hope Wilfie doesn't go on one of his tirades about "diabeetus", as he calls it.

Supposing, the sickening capitalistic CPA of those said delectable, yet horribly overpriced, Wheatsworth cracker, was to suddenly pass away. Would he be permitted to grace the pages of our lovely list...perchance? or would he never be able to climb out of the rubble of Obits...Section C Page 23??? Forever ingrained in nothingness... :unsure:

Walter Cronkite's family say he is not expected to recover.

In order to dispel false rumors, Walter Cronkite's family want it known that, sadly, he is very ill and is not expected to recuperate; he is resting at home surrounded by family, friends and a wonderful medical team. We thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes

In order to dispel false rumors, Walter Cronkite's family want it known that, sadly, he is very ill and is not expected to recuperate; he is resting at home surrounded by family, friends and a wonderful medical team. We thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes

Nobody cares.

Michael Jackson just died. :ghost:

Nobody cares.

Michael Jackson just died. :ghost:

Yes, we care about Cronkite - he's on the list, the others aren't. This could be hit number four in a thin year so far.

Looks like Mr. Cronkite is living his final moments surrounded by family. Beside Edward Murrow, Mr. Cronkite was the greatest newsman of America in the last century.

This could be hit number four in a thin year so far.

Thin???? Anorexic would be a better word!

Anorexic??? It's like something out of Belsen!!!

Anorexic??? It's like something out of Belsen!!!

Belsen?! It's only the stubborn understains that are holding them together!

Nobody cares.

Michael Jackson just died. :P

Yes, we care about Cronkite - he's on the list, the others aren't. This could be hit number four in a thin year so far.

Yeah, S C R E W Wacko Jacko...stealer of Farrah's final headline...ain't gonna miss him at all! :)

dead :lol:

link

dead :referee:

:lol: We reported his passing at 7:21. But you reported it a couple seconds before me.

God love you Walter. I'm going to miss you.

....and why didn't you hold another day or 3 to coincide with the 40th of the moon landing?