BeretBleu

Gianluca Vialli

Cancer is "stronger" than him according to the man himself.

37 minutes ago, drol said:

Cancer is "stronger" than him according to the man himself.

Ominous statements, but what do they mean?

Has there been a recurrence? Or is he just "complaining" about his diagnosis?

Daily Mail has an english version of that story: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9666265/Gianluca-Vialli-describes-battle-pancreatic-cancer-unwanted-travel-companion.html

Personally, I didn't know what stage he was last year, or the year before. It sounds to me as if it's definitely terminal now, not sure if it was before.

My impression is that he's being realistic about the chance of a recurrence.  Rather than crowing that he's "beaten cancer" as so many do, only for it to come back and bite them again.

On 09/06/2021 at 12:37, Toast said:

My impression is that he's being realistic about the chance of a recurrence.  Rather than crowing that he's "beaten cancer" as so many do, only for it to come back and bite them again.

Indeed...in a recent interview he said "the guest is always with me", "I'm having some mantainance", "I'm going on, I hope you have to deal with me for many years to come"

• Like 2

Vialli on a Netflix documenatry, he's scared of death but also curious about what happens after life. Nothing new about the illness though:

https://www.calcionews24.com/vialli-malattia-non-solo-sofferenza-alcuni-momenti-bellissimi/

https://football-italia.net/vialli-im-scared-of-death-but-excited-to-see-what-happens/

• Like 1

No not dead, any updates or reactions from him around his birthday a couple of days ago? He doesn't post on Instagram anymore, nothing. Seems ominous.

Did he used to post frequently?

41 minutes ago, Sean said:

Did he used to post frequently?

The last post was in May, a couple of weeks after a series of fairly regular posts in March and before.

Fake news about his death circulated on social media today.

Promptly denied, but no smoke without fire?

On 01/09/2022 at 18:32, gcreptile said:

He's looking pretty thin and tired in this photo of 5 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChvRJIStwij/

With pancreatic cancer it could be a question of a few weeks.

So, up against Rolf Harris, then 

More neck and pancreas than neck and neck, or summat.

On 01/09/2022 at 12:32, gcreptile said:

He's looking pretty thin and tired in this photo of 5 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChvRJIStwij/

With pancreatic cancer it could be a question of a few weeks.

He looks thin, but not at death's door

• Like 1

Vialli's situation is difficult.

Clock ticking.

Condition deteriorated in the last hours, family is by his side including his 87-year old mother who flew to London from Italy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Come on, please hold on till January, I forgot to put you on my ao team this year 

Sounds very grim however his family did fly home which possibly means his demise isn't imminent.Should be Number one on DL 2023 if he clings on as he won't be able to last much longer at all.

He must have a neuroendocrine tumour ad I figured he was a goner in 2019 and he has lasted 3 years since then.

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Sounds very grim however his family did fly home which possibly means his demise isn't imminent.Should be Number one on DL 2023 if he clings on as he won't be able to last much longer at all.

He must have a neuroendocrine tumour ad I figured he was a goner in 2019 and he has lasted 3 years since then.

Reminds me of Johnny Clegg where, no matter the surgery or chemo, it kept coming back. Pancreatic cancer for you.

Yeah it is one lethal mofo.Persistent relentless and deadly.

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

Won’t put him nº1 though, not « famous enough » compared to others big names on the list + would be just too Opportunistic. It’s usually thé goal of nº50 spot 

I mean he is am international star and a Chelsea legend.He isn't as big as Messi ,Pele, Ronaldo etc but I would say he is a big enough name.

The DL used to put obvious picks at number 1 such as Lou Rawls and Etta James but has gone for generic old celebrities at the top which I think is a missed opportunity.

That being said there are many great choices for the top spot.Carter seems the obvious due to his fame level extreme old age and the fact he has surpassed all prior expectations and is now not up to being interviewed.

Then there is Pele.A global icon and near dead cert if he makes it or James Whale who is riddled with cancer and clearly ailing fast whilst not forgetting Rolf Harris who seems a highly likely hit and a massive name.Also Pope Benedict is increasingly resembling a corpse so might be deserving of that top spot also.

I am just hoping it isn't Kissenger , Van Dyke , or Bob Barker as they are simply old as opposed to gravely ill.

• Like 3