Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

On 17/07/2024 at 16:02, drol said:

She was a huge name... and it's a huge disappointment she did not get obits.

Hollywood Reporter obit for Yvonne Furneaux

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

Hollywood Reporter obit for Yvonne Furneaux

I hope Mike write one for Balenda too

Coral Lorne, a "generic old person for hire" on 90s British TV but most famous as the granny in the video to Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy" (the one the demon screams in the face of) apparently died in 2005 according to IMDB, but I can't see any back-up sources. However, being as she hasn't done any acting in the past 20 years, probably true.

• Like 2

On 18/07/2024 at 00:01, La Tombe said:

If you want any infos about French mysterious celebrities….I am your man or your French Sherlock Holmes !

This is going back a while, but I am trying to ascertain why French actor, Xavier Saint Macary, died aged only 39 of a heart attack in 1988. Up until the year he died, he was seemingly in good physical shape (like in Quelques Jours Avec Moi (1988)), and I have found nothing to indicate he at any point led an unhealthy lifestyle.

In future, is there a thread to discuss celebrities who mysteriously died at a young age?

On 18/07/2024 at 18:39, Gisooo said:

American actress Carla Balenda (Wiki) who appeared during the Golden Age of Hollywood in numerous classic films between 40s and 50s, died completely off radar on April 9, 2024, in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA at the age of 98.

I already submitted her death to IMDb, unfortunately one of the last surviving actresses from the class of 1925. RIP

image.thumb.png.05b8dc2f2dd3c4e990c23ca71d0fd1b5.png

IMG_20240718_193552_403.jpg.b995aa025b97f2a0683d84224543f360.jpg

Hollywood Reporter obit for Carla Balenda!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 21/07/2024 at 13:34, The Daredevil said:

This is going back a while, but I am trying to ascertain why French actor, Xavier Saint Macary, died aged only 39 of a heart attack in 1988. Up until the year he died, he was seemingly in good physical shape (like in Quelques Jours Avec Moi (1988)), and I have found nothing to indicate he at any point led an unhealthy lifestyle.

In future, is there a thread to discuss celebrities who mysteriously died at a young age?

I don't know if there is such a thread, but I would be interested in one too. I'm always intrigued when we don't know a cause of death. Annette Carell's cause of death was undisclosed for a long time before it was revealed to be from a barbiturates overdose.  Regarding Macary,  I see his ex wife died a few years later, also aged 39 but she died from AIDS. 

William Calley, Army officer convicted in the My Lai massacre, died in April aged 80.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, tracy said:

William Calley, Army officer convicted in the My Lai massacre, died in April aged 80.

a truly evil and morally bankrupt man, responsible for the deaths of innocent people

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tracy said:

I feel absolutely no sadness that this man is dead. He can rot in Hell. 

It is worth noting that, unless he was faking it as is always a possibility with these criminal types, he was suffering from Prostate Cancer about 18 years ago, with no mention of if he was ever cured. This is what initially alerted him to my radar.

• Like 1

Just now, Summer in Transylvania said:

I feel absolutely no sadness that this man is dead. He can rot in Hell. 

It is worth noting that, unless he was faking it as is always a possibility with these criminal types, he was suffering from Prostate Cancer about 18 years ago, with no mention of if he was ever cured. This is what initially alerted him to my radar.

well he was already pardoned by Richard nixon for his crime by the time he got stricken with cancer, so he would have no excuse to make up his cancer

32 minutes ago, tracy said:

Good riddance, I've been waiting for this day since I studied the Vietnam war at school, I actually had him on my longlist of potential DDP uniques for next year, but as long as the scum is dead that's all I care about. Convicted of more murders than the likes of Bundy or Dahmer and yet only got 3 months of house arrest thanks to Nixon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tracy said:

I thought this cunt died years ago, either way good riddance and may this be the last mention of him now that he's gone. We should be remembering Hugh Thompson, Larry Colburn and Glenn Andreotta, not this cunt.

On 26/10/2022 at 13:26, Gisooo said:

Hungarian photographer and Holocaust survivor Ágnes Bartha (Wiki) turns 100 today

image.jpeg.a00fc08f201e0843469ce7ea68b998a4.jpeg 

I posted this two years ago, but apparently Agnes Bartha never reached 100.

She died on May 9, 2018, at the age of 95.

• Like 4

American actress Jennifer Holden (Wiki) is dead, unfortunately I can't find an obit or a death date on Accurint.

I know Find a Grave is not reliable, but it was created on June 2024 by film historian Samuel Clemmens who has knowledge and has published books about classic Hollywood models and starlets. Saw her IMDb bio has a change saying according to her husband Daryl Jones, she passed away in Grass Valley, California. Since the changes have been made for a month, my opinion is that she may have died recently, if it's May-June she may receive an obituary from the Hollywood Reporter including her role as a girlfriend/lover of Elvis Presley in Jailhouse Rock (1957)

If anyone finds something that I might have overlooked, let me know please.

image.thumb.png.a1b34aaea6a7bd4a6ec3809635fb5280.png

image.png.17792a352045fe6299fea02a90bb9df8.png

• Like 2

On 30/12/2020 at 00:51, Ulitzer95 said:

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but thought we were overdue a masterlist for British television actors so went through a list of UK TV shows of the 60s–90s earlier and singled out all the actors turning 90+ in 2021. Vast majority of these names will obit for sure:

Ray Austin (wiki, b. 1932) The Avengers, The Saint, Ghost Squad DIED 17/05/2023
Jean Boht (wiki, b. 1932) Bread, Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, Doctors DIED 12/09/2023
Norman Bowler (wiki, b. 1932) Softly, Softly, Jesus of Nazareth, Emmerdale
Sonny Caldinez (wiki, b. 1932) Doctor Who, Sexton Blake and the Demon God DIED 12/04/2022
Antony Carrick (IMDb, b. 1932) Emmerdale, The Brack Report, Doctor Who
Roland Curram (wiki, b. 1932) Eldorado, Terry and June
Edward de Souza (wiki, b. 1932) The Marriage Lines, After Henry, Coronation Street
Vilma Hollingbery (wiki, b. 1932) Grass, The Bill, Doctors DIED 11/09/2021
Elizabeth Larner (wiki, b. 1932) Up Pompeii!, Triangle, The Two Ronnies DIED 11/03/2022
Phyllida Law (wiki, b. 1932) That's Love!, Ffizz, Kingdom
Renny Lister (wiki, b. 1932) Coronation Street; Z-Cars; The Doctors [on revision, probably born 1934]
Murray Melvin (wiki, b. 1932) The Tyrant King, The Flaxton Boys, Torchwood DIED 14/02/2023
Carmen Munroe (wiki, b. 1932) Doctor Who, Desmond's, General Hospital
Brian Murphy (wiki, b. 1932) Man About the House, George and Mildred, Last of the Summer Wine
Toni Palmer (IMDb, b. 1932) The Rag Trade, The Bill, Within These Walls
William Roache (wiki, b. 1932) Coronation Street
Prunella Scales (wiki, b. 1932) Fawlty Towers, Coronation Street, After Henry
Johnny Shannon (wiki, b. 1932) The Kenny Everett Television Show, Minder, EastEnders
Jack Smethurst (wiki, b. 1932) Z-Cars, Coronation Street, Casualty DIED 16/02/2022
Gabriel Woolf (wiki, b. 1932) Doctor Who, Market in Honey Lane

From British Character Actors thread

British actor Johnny Shannon (Wikidied on March 18, 2017, at the age of 84.

image.thumb.png.b7c0ed846218f3e0fd9e2797b0cfa903.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

From British Character Actors thread

British actor Johnny Shannon (Wikidied on March 18, 2017, at the age of 84.

image.thumb.png.b7c0ed846218f3e0fd9e2797b0cfa903.png

Wow, surprised that went so under radar. Thanks Gisooo

• Like 1

Two another actors who died off radar

British actress Janine Gray (Wiki), who appeared in a number of TV Shows like The Rat Patrol, Bewitched, The Wild Wild West, Run for Your Life, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. died on April 6, 2022 in Cape Town, South Africa at the age of 82.

image.png.8aa71e0a85473eeec5f6a8771bbd376b.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gisooo said:

Two another actors who died off radar

British actress Janine Gray (Wiki), who appeared in a number of TV Shows like The Rat Patrol, Bewitched, The Wild Wild West, Run for Your Life, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. died on April 6, 2022 in Cape Town, South Africa at the age of 82.

image.png.8aa71e0a85473eeec5f6a8771bbd376b.png

Can't believe someone who got a few credits in the 1960s didn't get an article about their death.

2 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Can't believe someone who got a few credits in the 1960s didn't get an article about their death.

Living her life in Africa, who would know and write about her there?

American actor James Abbey (Wiki) also dead.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007877/

image.thumb.png.4f79ec5347ad7e8cff09239f3760dbc4.png

Actually born as Edward John Abbey on June 1935, married to Elisabeth Defrance Abbey (the June date is correct cause its linked with an Elizabeth Abbey)

Lived his final years on a nursing home in Denver, Colorado (on his birth place)

Died on December 5, 2010, at the age of 75

IMG_20240809_142201_710.jpg.b14f9202e07f5c5f6d6d4196dd365001.jpg 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

It's probably easier to see some of Janine Gray's appearances now than it was in 1970.

Wikipedia had Gray's death already listed as April 5 2022 (one day off the correct date) in late April 2023. I commented on in this in a previous post, but wiki then removed the death date altogether, perhaps because they could not provide additional  documentation to verify it.

Does anyone have info on the whereabouts of these obscure Hollywood actresses?

Joyce McCluskey (b. 1928)  

Diane Cassidy (b.1932)

Muriel Lawrence (b.1930)

Norma Gene Nelson  (b.1931)

Peggy McIntyre (b.1932)

Nyra Monsour (b.1934)

Arlen Stuart (b.1935)

2 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Does anyone have info on the whereabouts of these obscure Hollywood actresses?

Joyce McCluskey (b. 1928)  

Diane Cassidy (b.1932)

Muriel Lawrence (b.1930)

Norma Gene Nelson  (b.1931)

Peggy McIntyre (b.1932)

Nyra Monsour (b.1934)

Arlen Stuart (b.1935)

Really helps people and saves a lot of time if you can link to the respective Wiki and/or IMDb pages for them. If you want people to help you, make it easier for them to do so.

• Like 1