Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

From SAG AFTRA Special edition, a few names!

Anthony Genovese (IMDb)

Huguette Lafond (IMDb)

Jerry-Mac Johnston (IMDb)

Mary Anne McGarry (IMDb)

Michael Marsellos (IMDb)

Richard Shoff (IMDb)

Brooke Trucker (IMDb)

and George Shannon (Wiki), professor and former actor

• Like 1

James Cran, MP for Beverley and Holderness (1987-2005), revealed to have died aged 79 last year in a rather sad article about the emotional abuse he inflicted on his daughter.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Anthony Genovese (IMDb)

Huguette Lafond (IMDb)

Mary Anne McGarry (IMDb)

Michael Marsellos (IMDb)

Richard Shoff (IMDb)

Brooke Trucker (IMDb)

Mary Anne McGarry played Bert's sister Alice in Mad Men, fwiw.

For anyone who has seen the documentaries Louis Theroux did on the Westboro Baptist Church, you'll be aware of Noah Phelps-Roper, the sweet little boy who was one of the youngest children of Shirley Phelps-Roper.

Well he left the Church several years ago, but committed suicide in September 2023, aged just 24. Word on Reddit is that Zach Phelps-Roper (who also escaped the church) confirmed that he had killed himself. Very sad.

He's at 01:30 on this clip:

• Sad 4

On 26/01/2024 at 02:43, Gisooo said:

Anthony Genovese (IMDb)

Huguette Lafond (IMDb)

Mary Anne McGarry (IMDb)

Michael Marsellos (IMDb)

Richard Shoff (IMDb)

Brooke Trucker (IMDb)

Richard Shoff was a child actor who appeared a couple of seasons on the show Kids Incorporated, alongside Stacy Ferguson (later Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas). The show also produced Martika, Mario Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt, among others.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1718499471736975/posts/3523986591188245/

Rev. Violet Mark, DL Cup final pick in 2018 and Welsh missionary died back in November at 85. (She did receive an India Times obituary at the time, but her death was, if I can trust the forum search function, never mentioned on the DL Forums)

• Like 2

With thanks to @msc for flagging this:

ben-ford-landscape-1-jpg-copy.jpg.b7b727643be228f943de68d933e18e89.jpg

Ben Ford (wiki), Labour MP for Bradford North (1964–1983) died off radar on 17 April 2022, aged 97, as confirmed by his Who's Who profile, the Probate Search, and the GRO Index. His full death record is available here on Ancestry.

This means that Sir Patrick Duffy (b. 1920) was the only MP older than the Queen to survive her. It also leaves just 11 surviving MPs from the 1964 General Election. Also, Sir Patrick is now the last living MP to have served in World War II!

This is somewhat of a shock as Ben Ford enjoyed some decent coverage in later years. Ben Ford was also one of just 34 Labour MPs who have been deselected during the course of the party's history (the Labour Party are not big on deselecting people like the Tories are).

It also sucks to be the team that has him as a unique pick in this year's DDP!

Now... after Sir Patrick I don't know who the oldest MP is. I think it's Terence Higgins (born Jan 1928), then Elizabeth Shields (born Feb 1928... an obscure Lib Dem who was MP for just a year). Dick Taverne (b. 18 Oct 1928), Bill Rodgers (b. 28 Oct 1928) are close behind. An 8 year age gap between the oldest and second oldest is huge!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Does anyone know whether these four people are still alive?

Giovanni D'eramo b. 1921 (Italian writer/director)

Jacqueline Duval b. 1932 (American actress)

Diane Cassidy b.1932 (American actress)

Claudette Thornton b.1932 (American actress)

36 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

Diane Cassidy was still alive as of 2019 and living in West Palm Beach, Florida: https://obscureactresses.wordpress.com/2019/04/10/diane-cassidy/

11 hours ago, Imhotep said:

You mean French-American actress Jacqueline Duval… https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0245031/

• Facepalm 2

12 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Just to make you aware of this thread:

Italian film director Sergio Garrone (Wikireported dead on July 12, 2023 at the age of 97 in Tortola

I'm surprised that he did not receive any obituary, isn't it @drol

Another off from your 1926 list @Ulitzer95 at Deadpool Detective Thread

image.thumb.png.1c30f32b1740cfb6734f9be530f304ef.png

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Italian film director Sergio Garrone (Wikireported dead on July 12, 2023 at the age of 97 in Tortola

I'm surprised that he did not receive any obituary, isn't it @drol

Another off from your 1926 list @Ulitzer95 at Deadpool Detective Thread

image.thumb.png.1c30f32b1740cfb6734f9be530f304ef.png

The author has now deleted his post so he may have made a mistake? 

In any case, some random guy posting in some random FB chat group is not reliable.

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The author has now deleted his post so he may have made a mistake? 

In any case, some random guy posting in some random FB chat group is not reliable.

Nope Sergio is a dead end, he got the info directly from the municipality of Rome. The person in question is the historian who helped us for the actors that I had written above. He has been doing this job for 30 years. So he has acquaintances, friends in the municipality and he has seen the death certificate of the artists. Dana Ghia died a few weeks ago and he was right after interviewing her, also Annie Belle who was French-born Italian

I just talked to him on Messenger and he told me that he deleted the post after someone insulted him, if you want I can send sc privately

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gisooo said:

Nope Sergio is a dead end, he got the info directly from the municipality of Rome. The person in question is the historian who helped us for the actors that I had written above.  He has been doing this job for 30 years. So he has acquaintances, friends in the municipality and he has seen the death certificate of the artists. Dana Ghia died a few weeks ago and he was right after interviewing her, also Annie Belle who was French-born Italian

I just talked to him on Messenger and he told me that he deleted the post after someone insulted him, if you want I can send sc privately

Surely someone would just delete the comment and not in the entire post in that instance? 

Dunno, just feels a bit fishy to me. This guy should really consider getting a website or something rather than posting on a random group. If something more reliable surfaces I'll submit to IMDb/edit his Wiki.

• Like 1

I agree. He should have a website or at least pass the info to Dagospia.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Surely someone would just delete the comment and not in the entire post in that instance? 

Dunno, just feels a bit fishy to me. This guy should really consider getting a website or something rather than posting on a random group. If something more reliable surfaces I'll submit to IMDb/edit his Wiki.

He has updated the Italian wikipedias but they always undo the editing. The reason that the post was deleted is that he did not want to have any conflict with the administrators of the group. I trust this man 100%. Italian cinema is immersed in the shadows. I wish with all my heart that a source could be found to report his death, although there has been nothing since July, so I doubt it. On the contrary, remember me (1925-2023)

20 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

He has updated the Italian wikipedias but they always undo the editing. The reason that the post was deleted is that he did not want to have any conflict with the administrators of the group. I trust this man 100%. Italian cinema is immersed in the shadows. I wish with all my heart that a source could be found to report his death, although there has been nothing since July, so I doubt it. On the contrary, remember me (1925-2023)

Yes, he doesn't seem to be too smart, which makes me question how good his research is and wonder if he's making mistakes.

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes, he doesn't seem to be too smart, which makes me question how good his research is and wonder if he's making mistakes.

So far we haven't seen any mistakes, thanks to him I found out about the fate of the actors in question that the Wikipedia information was wrong, if not their articles would still be in limbo today. But there are people from his commenters who blindly trust Wiki and he is one of them who doesn't trust it, he told me that there is no accurate information (about the Italian part)

17 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

So far we haven't seen any mistakes, thanks to him I found out about the fate of the actors in question that the Wikipedia information was wrong, if not their articles would still be in limbo today. But there are people from his commenters who blindly trust Wiki and he is one of them who doesn't trust it, he told me that there is no accurate information (about the Italian part)

Wikipedia is not a source in any language!

19 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Here

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Here

This website is absolutely amazing. Hat off to those who made it.

• Like 1

British actor Mark Lewis died last year.

I would link you to his IMDb but it appears that his credits have been shared between these two pages (IMDb1 and IMDb2) as by looking at the agency's twitter page he appeared in Ted Lasso and Marvel's Secret Invasion but those credits are split across the two profiles. I'm leaning more towards the fact that the Secret Invasion credit has been incorrectly attributed to the second IMDb page based on the fact that the character he played (left in this image) looks nothing like the photo on 2nd IMDb profile. But even on the more likely IMDb profile, that person is stated to have been born in 1957 but has a credit from 1951. Someone more experienced than me might need to sort this out.