Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

7 hours ago, La Tombe said:

Sabine Sun, French actress, wife of Terence Young, British director of James Bond Films seems to have died in 2014.

I found out these website....https://galeriebrocante.com/brocante_antiquites/sabine_sun-182-du_cinema.html

I didn't find out others websites which mention her passing.

Death record here, born in 1933 not 1940

https://deces.matchid.io/id/PHFvFv3-pAsh

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Charles V. Hamilton, a philosopher and architect of the Black power movement, died on November 18, 2023. His death was only confirmed this past week and subsequently picked up by sources like the New York Times.

https://www.washingtoninformer.com/charles-v-hamilton-black-power-legacy/

Question is: How does a renowned person like this die ‘off the radar’, but for his family I guess.  What twats they must be.

33 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Question is: How does a renowned person like this die ‘off the radar’, but for his family I guess.  What twats they must be.

If you had bothered to read it before spewing your word vomit his nephew stated that the delay in revealing his death was due to the fact that Hamilton, who lived a modest and private life, was "concerned about what would or would not happen upon his passing."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elizabeth "Betty" Ann Brodel Franzalia (American actress) died March 3 2024, aged 104.

https://cathy-palmer.blogspot.com/2024/03/elizabeth-betty-ann-brodel-franzalia.html

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

Elizabeth "Betty" Ann Brodel Franzalia (American actress) died March 3 2024, aged 104.

https://cathy-palmer.blogspot.com/2024/03/elizabeth-betty-ann-brodel-franzalia.html

Thanks for pointing this out. Not off radar though if she only died yesterday and someone has already brought it to public attention.

American actress Jill (or Jil) Jarmyn, born Donna Joyce Sellers in 1926. Seems to have died in 2014 according to this: https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/LDK2-PS8/donna-joyce-sellers-1926-2014

The birth date corresponds to that given by IMDB, as well as Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen, so I suppose that this must be correct....

27 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

American actress Jill (or Jil) Jarmyn, born Donna Joyce Sellers in 1926. Seems to have died in 2014 according to this: https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/LDK2-PS8/donna-joyce-sellers-1926-2014

The birth date corresponds to that given by IMDB, as well as Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen, so I suppose that this must be correct....

Familysearch's records are great, but the trees and profiles are maintained by simpletons and can usually be safely ignored. Case in point, her brother's page says he died in 2000, when he actually died in 2016 (clearly someone lazily confused him with another guy of the same name). She's listed as a survivor in that obituary and was returning fanmail as recently as 2022, so I think we can conclude the unsourced update claiming she died way back when isn't true.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. Too many sources which look okay on the surface but aren't.....

So is actress Joyce Taylor dead or not? 

Is this wrong 

https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/G9RH-5YX/joyce-crowder-taylor-1937-2022

6 hours ago, Imhotep said:

I already discussed this one with @Gisooo in our DMs. It seems to be bullshit. She’s still alive.

British-born American actress Anne Heywood (Wikidied in silence last October 2023 at 91.

I'm shocked and can't believe she didn't got anything?!?! She was nominated for a Golden Globe as Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her role in The Fox (1967) and was one of the last surviving actresses of Lady Godiva Rides Again (1951)

image.thumb.png.ce515f04545325643f7d911cf52a13f5.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

British-born American actress Anne Heywood (Wikidied in silence last October 2023 at 91.

I'm shocked and can't believe she didn't got anything?!?! She was nominated for a Golden Globe as Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her role in The Fox (1967) and was one of the last surviving actresses of Lady Godiva Rides Again (1951)

That's going to come a surprise to the person picking her in the 20/20+4 deadpool.

It's an interesting source. A site with a simple banner and no details? Surely there's something better than something even I could knock up in 30 minutes?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

That's going to come a surprise to the person picking her in the 20/20+4 deadpool.

It's an interesting source. A site with a simple banner and no details? Surely there's something better than something even I could knock up in 30 minutes?

Her daughter-in-law has edited her wiki where she has given further details and 100% she is dead. I'm sorry because she deserved notices from the Hollywood Reporter, The Guardian etc. An actress who receives a Golden Globe nomination to die off the radar?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Her daughter-in-law has edited her wiki where she has given further details and 100% she is dead. I'm sorry because she deserved notices from the Hollywood Reporter, The Guardian etc. An actress who receives a Golden Globe nomination to die off the radar?

UK Wiki is still showing her as living but I cannot see the edit history of the page

20 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I've contacted The Guardian.

Given up on the Hollywood Reporter as Mike Barnes seems to only respond to my emails when/if it suits him to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

UK Wiki is still showing her as living but I cannot see the edit history of the page

Edit history shows Kathleen Stross updating the page in January and EasyAsPai restoring the previous version as "Unsourced death".

image.thumb.png.53dd78f184292a03fef2eb35bd166ccd.png

• Thanks 1

I do wonder if her death made it into the Winter edition of Equity magazine that still hasn't been uploaded onto this page.

Of the 1000s of people that visit this forum every year, including those who just lurk and don't post, I find it impossible to believe that there isn't a single one who doesn't have an Equity subscription. If anyone who does is reading this, can you please send me a picture of the In Memoriam section from their latest winter edition via private message?

Merci!

I've been checking if the film Tobruk (1967) had any remaining survivors and while I can confirm Ronnie Rondell Jr. is still alive, I can't find any info on Anthony Ashdown, Heidy Hunt or Phil Adams. I'm hoping someone here can do some more research.

7 hours ago, The Immortal said:

I can't find any info on Anthony Ashdown, Heidy Hunt or Phil Adams. I'm hoping someone here can do some more research.

About Ashdown, I found that. No DOB, no occupation, so I don’t know if it’s him.

Is Ashdown common in England ?

11 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

About Ashdown, I found that. No DOB, no occupation, so I don’t know if it’s him.

4300 people currently living in the UK with that surname (according to some random site off Google anyway...). So not rare, but not common.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

GRO indicates that he was born in 1934, the same year IMDb says he was born, so I think it's quite likely the same guy. Someone on Ancestry who seems to be a decently close relative (their surname is Ashdown) has also made a tree which says he was born in Romford, the same place IMDb claims he was born.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Immortal said:

I've been checking if the film Tobruk (1967) had any remaining survivors and while I can confirm Ronnie Rondell Jr. is still alive, I can't find any info on Anthony Ashdown, Heidy Hunt or Phil Adams. I'm hoping someone here can do some more research.

There are several article results for Heidy Hunt on Newspapers.com.

One here from May 1966 saying that she is Canadian and was making her debut. Given that her debut was this late, and looking at photos of her from the 1960s, I'm inclined to say she was born around the mid-1940s, meaning that in all likeliness she is probably still alive if we go off of life expectancy alone.

On 06/03/2024 at 14:49, Gisooo said:

List of the Loster Anne Heywood gets her Telegraph Obit:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2024/03/15/anne-heywood-dh-lawrence-the-fox-cinema/

Nul points, but glad to see something for her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1