Paul Bearer

King Charles III

I've yet to see a single one of these mythical Charles coins in my change. I have one commemorative one in a sleeve and that's it. 

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

I've yet to see a single one of these mythical Charles coins in my change. I have one commemorative one in a sleeve and that's it. 

Like virtually anything these days, they have been hoarded away because they might one day be "valuable".

What people fail to realise is that the valuable antiques are generally valuable because so few survive in good condition. If everyone saves them, then they'll never be low in quantity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

I've got a 50p that someone gave me because I collect the commemorative ones - only the circulated ones, not the collectors editions.

20 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Like virtually anything these days, they have been hoarded away because they might one day be "valuable".

What people fail to realise is that the valuable antiques are generally valuable because so few survive in good condition. If everyone saves them, then they'll never be low in quantity.

I've got one of these 1965 Winston Churchill crown coins.  :D

(If the link no longer works, just do a search on ebay)

• Like 1

It's funny, when I was a kid it was still quite common to get George VI and V coins, and I occasionally got Edward VII ones, and once even a Victoria penny - not through looking for them, just in ordinary change.

I remember the older ones looked visibly worn - the Victoria one was almost unreadable, and the portrait on it was largely a blur. That doesn't seem to happen to coins nowadays.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

It's funny, when I was a kid it was still quite common to get George VI and V coins, and I occasionally got Edward VII ones, and once even a Victoria penny - not through looking for them, just in ordinary change.

I remember the older ones looked visibly worn - the Victoria one was almost unreadable, and the portrait on it was largely a blur. That doesn't seem to happen to coins nowadays.

They circulated a lot longer so got worn down. Also the metals used for them were more conducive to wearing (I think, not an expert though). 

I have a set of pre-decimal pennies that I've worked on putting together - it's really fascinating to look at a coin from the 1860s and think of what it saw.

• Like 1

So, more likely rarity value - a selfie with a shiny new King Charles III postbox. No shit, I was having a coffee on the seafront at Ramsgate and saw people queuing for a selfie, went out to see what the fuss was about and the other thing in said selfies was a genuine Edward VIII postbox, obviously there from the 1930s and ultra-rare, apparently. 

24 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, more likely rarity value - a selfie with a shiny new King Charles III postbox. No shit, I was having a coffee on the seafront at Ramsgate and saw people queuing for a selfie, went out to see what the fuss was about and the other thing in said selfies was a genuine Edward VIII postbox, obviously there from the 1930s and ultra-rare, apparently. 

How many meters between them?

Harry's about to discuss his dad's health on telly.Will likely use to same interview - with no sense of irony - to call out Piers Morgan for splashing royal secrets across the media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68314330

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Harry's about to discuss his dad's health on telly.Will likely use to same interview - with no sense of irony - to call out Piers Morgan for splashing royal secrets across the media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68314330

Prince Harry is clearly a scumbag who can’t see that he is worse than Pierce Morgan.

At least Morgan only sells out strangers, not his own family. 

"Man walks to church with wife"

Very newsworthy.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Very newsworthy.

Was newsworthy under his mother and grandfather as well...

1 hour ago, Master Obit said:

Very newsworthy.

Are we expecting him to start losing his hair thanks to chemo or something? Or is it the novelty that he's not sidling around a hospital ward in a gown and a drip feed? 

4 hours ago, Master Obit said:

Very newsworthy.

As the late Queen used to say, it's important to be seen.

If he wasn't seen, rumours would be started that he was dead and it was being covered up. 

The Princess of Wales hasn't been seen in public since Christmastime, and all sorts of ugly rumours are being spread around by certain parties.  We don't need any more of that.

I see the Diana fans are out in force claiming that it’s Karma and that she got him the cancer from beyond. Delusional fools.

Reminds me when he got COVID and they were shouting Karma on twitter. All I did was ask what you had to do for Karma to slam you into an underpass. I was not popular…

• Haha 8

On 15/02/2024 at 21:28, maryportfuncity said:

According to this site there are 130 in total across the country (there's also one in Maidstone where I used to live, but wasn't attracting selfie queues).

I haven't managed to find an equivalent site for any Charles III one's, if any have been made yet.

31 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

According to this site there are 130 in total across the country (there's also one in Maidstone where I used to live, but wasn't attracting selfie queues).

I haven't managed to find an equivalent site for any Charles III one's, if any have been made yet.

yeah there is an Edward box not far from where I live.  Not listed on that site tho.  I’d read there were less than 30 now. I imagine new postboxes generally are a dying thing even regardless of the change. 

On 18/02/2024 at 20:47, Sod's Law said:

Are we expecting him to start losing his hair thanks to chemo or something? Or is it the novelty that he's not sidling around a hospital ward in a gown and a drip feed? 

Depends what kind of treatment he is having. If caught early he may only need radiotherapy which doesn't cause hair loss on your head - only the treatment area.

3 hours ago, Brad252 said:

They are giving the Scot Nats time to figure out a reason for blowing them up. Unfortunately there have been as many King Charleses in both Kingdoms so they don’t have that excuse until the next reign. 

25 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Monarch meets unelected Prime Minister.

This can only end badly.

• Like 2

Bladder cancer.

A friend in the know told me earlier. He's had it for longer than the palace statement suggests. It was not discovered during the prostate surgery.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bladder cancer.

A friend in the know told me earlier. He's had it for longer than the palace statement suggests. It was not discovered during the prostate surgery.

Killed OldWillz in 3 months. But by the time he stopped screaming every time he went to the loo and sought treatment, it had metastasised.

However, some can, with treatment and medication, last years. I know a bloke who's still around 9 years after diagnosis.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

36 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bladder cancer.

So has he been having treatment for longer than we've been told?  If not, why not?