Paul Bearer

King Charles III

7 hours ago, Master Obit said:

It's like he's having a competition with Churchill on the £5 note to see who can look the most miserable. Bring back Stephenson and Fry fivers.

Charles Darwin would like a word, although at least his note had a nice bird on it. 

27 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Charles Darwin would like a word, although at least his note had a nice bird on it. 

Unusual way of referring to the queen, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In Touch claims it's pancreatic cancer, and he "has been given two years to live". But he's also "following doctors’ orders and willing to try any treatment to extend his life by a few years".

Didn't see it reference here, but figured someone may have a source or a thought if this is actually true or just a load of shite. Personally I remain unconvinced.

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Comped said:

In Touch claims it's pancreatic cancer, and he "has been given two years to live". But he's also "following doctors’ orders and willing to try any treatment to extend his life by a few years".

Didn't see it reference here, but figured someone may have a source or a thought if this is actually true or just a load of shite. Personally I remain unconvinced.

This is what Crem insisted Liz had. I wonder if this article is how he kept occupied during his recent quiet spell on mod preview.

In Touch is a US celebrity gossip mag, so i would be cautious about their "sources".

• Like 1

My understanding is still that the cancer is in the bladder, though it has "spread".

I'm hearing all kinds of things, from "close shave", "caught early enough", though one of my doctor friends recently told me "the cancer is everywhere in his body now". Not sure what to believe tbh.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

Not to muddy the waters, but I heard from one journo on the royals beat that "he won't make it to his face being on the banknotes". I'm skeptical, though.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

This is what Crem insisted Liz had. I wonder if this article is how he kept occupied during his recent quiet spell on mod preview.

I thought the consensus was bone cancer for HMTLQ? Not pancreatic?

31 minutes ago, Toast said:

In Touch is a US celebrity gossip mag, so i would be cautious about their "sources".

Oh yes, which is why I said I didn't really believe it. But we can't rule it out given what's been said here as parts of both align...

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My understanding is still that the cancer is in the bladder, though it has "spread".

I'm hearing all kinds of things, from "close shave", "caught early enough", though one of my doctor friends recently told me "the cancer is everywhere in his body now". Not sure what to believe tbh.

Bladder was/is the one that most experts believe too. Caught early is the public line, and I don't think we have any real evidence to disprove it at this point, beyond maybe this article if, and only if, it's accurate. As for your doctor friends... Unless they're involved close enough to know for sure (or know someone willing to talk, which surely would be risky for their careers), it must be just rumours. Surely the King's condition hasn't progressed to open secret in the medical community?

1 hour ago, Comped said:

Would tie up nicely with that 'March 28 2026' tweet that was doing the rounds.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Not to muddy the waters, but I heard from one journo on the royals beat that "he won't make it to his face being on the banknotes". I'm skeptical, though.

I'm skeptical too.  The release date for them in 5 June as stated by the Bank of England.  That's 7 weeks (49 days) from today.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/king-charles-banknotes

• Thanks 1

On 17/04/2024 at 17:01, Comped said:

I thought the consensus was bone cancer for HMTLQ? Not pancreatic?

Oh yes, which is why I said I didn't really believe it. But we can't rule it out given what's been said here as parts of both align...

Bladder was/is the one that most experts believe too. Caught early is the public line, and I don't think we have any real evidence to disprove it at this point, beyond maybe this article if, and only if, it's accurate. As for your doctor friends... Unless they're involved close enough to know for sure (or know someone willing to talk, which surely would be risky for their careers), it must be just rumours. Surely the King's condition hasn't progressed to open secret in the medical community?

Wouldn't chemo be almost a given if it has spread? Unlikely he would be walking around with any hair still on his head (or walking around much at all in public) if it had metastasised to any huge degree. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sod's Law said:

Wouldn't chemo be almost a given if it has spread? Unlikely he would be walking around with any hair still on his head (or walking around much at all in public) if it had metastasised to any huge degree. 

Unless he's so far gone that such treatment is pointless and it's all about making him comfortable for as long as possible? Seems very unlikely to me, I'd be inclined to agree with you, just playing devil's advocate, and after The Late Queen, who can say for sure?

I'm going to be very careful as to what I write on here so as not to get anyone in trouble but I spoke to a senior journo over breakfast this morning – his source is impeccable. Really not good news about the king. May have a year left, 2 if he's lucky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm going to be very careful as to what I write on here so as not to get anyone in trouble but I spoke to a senior journo over breakfast this morning – his source is impeccable. Really not good news about the king. May have a year left, 2 if he's lucky.

And after waiting all that time. What a gut punch - literally. And poor William's got to deal with the potential loss of his father and the sudden and unexpectedly early arrival of his Kingship, all while his wife fights her own cancer battle. Hope you're wrong.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will announce that he is terminal? 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If Sven-Goran and His Majesty could drop at the same time, we could just do the double state funeral.

In Liverpool.

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well, I should hope your source is wrong. Looks remarkably well for someone with a year left to live to be honest. You are more right than wrong in terms of your info (at least since I've joined), and if your journo has an impeccable source, we're probably all wrong on Charles' prognosis being good.

2 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

It likely would be. Given his condition, either it means he's too far gone (and probably would be avoiding the public anyway), or he's not on massive amounts of chemo.

20 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Unless he's so far gone that such treatment is pointless and it's all about making him comfortable for as long as possible? Seems very unlikely to me, I'd be inclined to agree with you, just playing devil's advocate, and after The Late Queen, who can say for sure?

If he's got a year or two to live, surely they wouldn't jump straight to palliative care?

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I call BS. They caught it early and he's responding well to treatment. His staff are upbeat.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

13 minutes ago, mymango said:

I call BS. They caught it early and he's responding well to treatment. His staff are upbeat.

Ok. You just believe everything you read in the papers then. The controlled and censored media. 

They never told us the Queen had bone cancer. They still haven't. They even omitted a proper cause from her death certificate.

I don't know how gullible you need to be to not see that there's more going on.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Ok. You just believe everything you read in the papers then. The controlled and censored media. 

They never told us the Queen had bone cancer. They still haven't. They even omitted a proper cause from her death certificate.

Old age has been a standard royal family death certificate thing though. And they did never deny when one of those Royal biographers said she had it...

1 minute ago, Comped said:

Old age has been a standard royal family death certificate thing though. And they did never deny when one of those Royal biographers said she had it...

In fact they invited him to the coronation. 

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

I agree and accept there could be more going on. It certainly fits with what happened with QEII. But, while they never confirmed she had cancer, it was clear she was slowing down and discussions started to get more morbid, although we maybe didn't believe it enough. Almost missing the Jubilee was a massive red flag in hindsight.

I don't doubt the validity or veracity of your source, you have a great track record, but if he is worse than is being reported, I hope they don't keep secret until he's on his deathbed, that would be a terrible shock, especially if it's a year rather than 2. And I still hope you're wrong.

31 minutes ago, Comped said:

Well, I should hope your source is wrong. Looks remarkably well for someone with a year left to live to be honest. You are more right than wrong in terms of your info (at least since I've joined), and if your journo has an impeccable source, we're probably all wrong on Charles' prognosis being good.

The tell tale sign will be how he looks come the Christmas speech, assuming a) he makes it that far, and b) he's well enough to do it. The amount of time between now and then is similar to the Queen's last Christmas speech and her death, and the photos showed a notable decline, so if Charles' could too if he is terminal.