All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Clorox Bleachman

Kill or Save: UK No.2 Hits of the 00s

27/04/2024 34 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 32 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 29 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 29 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 28 Manic Street Preachers—Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 28 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 27 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out +4 24 Coldplay — In My Place 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements 23 Busted — Year 3000 22 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 18 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound -2 18 Pink — Get The Party Started 16 Kelis — Trick Me 16 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 14 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 08 Daft Punk — One More Time 06 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah -4
  3. YoungWillz

Jamaican Jamming

Interesting one this. Report of the death of Harold "Bobby" Davis of reggae group The Sensations aged 77: https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024/04/24/sensations-singer-bobby-davis-dies-77/ Wiki has him as Aaron "Bobby" Davis. Apparently they travelled to the UK to promote the hit Double Barrel by Dave Barker and Ansel Collins and Davis was one of those who remained and settled in the UK. Every Day Is A Holiday Brap, brap bredder!
  4. Sat 27 Apr 34 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 32 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 29 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 29 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 28 Manic Street Preachers—Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 28 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 24 Coldplay — In My Place 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements 23 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 23 Busted — Year 3000 22 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 18 Pink — Get The Party Started 16 Kelis — Trick Me +4 16 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 14 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon -6 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 10 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 08 Daft Punk — One More Time
  5. Father Brown

Crashing Companies

Oops, Imelda beat me to Everest. Saw article today, sorry. NatWest have reported a “sharp” drop in profits though https://news.sky.com/story/natwest-becomes-latest-uk-bank-to-report-sharp-drop-in-profits-13123111
  6. Clorox Bleachman

Tammy Slaton

Hate articles like this. Saying someone looks amazing, and setting them up for a bald man named Shug to comment that they're hideous/repulsive. She's alive, firstly, and looks as expected when you consider she used to have a BMI of 106 and store fat in her forehead.
  7. 27/04/24 34 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 32 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 29 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 29 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 28 Manic Street Preachers—Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 28 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie +2 24 Coldplay — In My Place 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements 23 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 23 Busted — Year 3000 22 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon +2 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 18 Pink — Get The Party Started 16 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 12 Kelis — Trick Me 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 10 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 08 Daft Punk — One More Time -6
  8. arghton

Opera

Finnish opera singer Hilkka Kinnunen not dead, interviewed for a local tv show recently. Interesting personality. Says that "art has been her life" and that if she hadn't become an actress she'd have killed herself. Her house is full of art from different parts of the world, different eras. Following her career she's lived in Florida and Helsinki, here she shows letters she's received from household names (Obama, Trump, Soros, RFK, DiCaprio and others)
  9. YoungWillz

Art For Death's Sake

I know I have already got the points, but good old Laurence Broderick actually got a BBC obit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgy0531x54o My faith in humanity is restored. Just a wee bit.
  10. The Old Crem

Joe Biden

Admits he ‘contemplated suicide’ after car crash deaths of daughter and first wife
  11. YoungWillz

Tammy Slaton

Looking....stunning? https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/us-celebrity-news/1000-lb-sisters-star-tammy-32673350 Skin removal journey still to happen I take it.
  12. Today
  13. Sly Ronnie

Football

They should neve have got relegated last IMO.
  14. YoungWillz

King Charles III

Charisma, darling, charisma.
  15. YoungWillz

Survivor

First of the first. Sonja Christopher reportedly dead: Source seems reputable. DDP pick.
  16. RoverAndOut

Football

As I predicted in October, albeit you had the good grace to make it interesting by threatening to collapse! Congratulations Biblio, now if you could see fit to throw 3 points our way next weekend, I'd be most grateful.
  17. Comped

King Charles III

But unlike him, where we have a pretty good grasp of what he likely has... We have no idea what she has!
  18. RoverAndOut

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Funny how other countries' nationalised rail networks are efficient, cheap and no less reliable than ours. We already own about a third of the network because they have to keep taking franchises off their fat cat mates who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. Might as well go the whole hog and make it official.
  19. Sean

King Charles III

With the Princess of Wales it seems that the cancer was surgically removed and the preventative chemo is being used to mop up anything potentially left over or anything that might be starting to grow back.The Kings cancer appears active and ongoing.
  20. DCI Frank Burnside

As opposed to the roaring sucesss of the privatisation of British Rail is........
  21. Bibliogryphon

Football

You have to love a good Leeds United capitulation. Mighty Foxes back where they belong
  22. RoverAndOut

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

I hope Newey goes to Aston Martin. I desperately want Alonso to have a realistic shot at race wins again, as I'm certain he can still do it. Is Mercedes an exciting prospect to Newey? Probably not. Ferrari would be more interesting due to their history and prestige. But, as I said before, Aston would offer him the chance to build up a team into title contenders for the 4th time (after Williams, McLaren and Red Bull - I know the first 2 were successful before him). Surprised Audi aren't making a play for him too, he could turbocharge their entry. I'm uncertain about all this hype about Audi. New manufacturers rarely hit the ground running. Toyota didn't win in 8 years of F1. Mercedes took 3 seasons before their first win and 5 before their first championship. Audi do have good motorsport pedigree, but F1 is a different animal and breaking the hegemony of the big boys is not easy, and there's so many teams fighting just behind Red Bull already: Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Aston Martin. Add Audi into the mix and we could have 6 teams fighting it out, which, if they're relatively equal, could be thrilling, or we could end up with Noah's Ark, 2 by 2 by 2 - no wonder they're talking about points down to 12th.
  23. RoverAndOut

Haven't watched it yet. I will do.
  24. Yeah, the guy in the Threads clip said something about that.
  25. RoverAndOut

It is. But do we want to see presenters standing still, with their arms by their sides? It looks unnatural. If they're cropped from the chest up, then fine, but otherwise I'm fairly certain it would very quickly become weird. Maybe we'd get over the weirdness and it would become normal with time. But movement maintains focus and concentration. I'm not saying they need to do drastic movements or move all of the time, I fully agree time and place and leaving room for emphasis. The point I was making is in the past, they got away with it by having them hold a microphone. Now their hands are idle. Sometimes they get around it by getting them to walk somewhere, like down a high street, or along a bridge.
  26. No, they don't. It's perfectly possible to stand still without fidgeting and waving your hands about.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use