ixion

Angela Lansbury

she looked 60 in the sixties anyone know of her

• Like 1

Angela Lansbury seems to be going strong still. She is 79 and from what I can gather seems to be busy supporting various worthy causes with some considerable energy. I don't think she'll be a candidate for the list for some years to come.

Old gal must be at least 80 now. She recently lost her husband of many years Peter MacArthur. And she looked frail on a Larry King appearance not long ago.

• Like 1

They're re-running that series over here at the moment. It was, what, the 1980s, and she looked old then!

Always had an endless supply of nieces, didn't she. Every other episode, she was visiting her niece. With the Grim Reaper not far behind.

It's too bad we can't have "any resident of a town Jessica Fletcher is due to visit" as a selection for the DL, because of one thing you could be certain. Whenever that meddling old busybody appeared you knew it was just a matter of time before one of the neighbours turned up dead. I reckon she committed about half of them herself, and hoodwinked the kindly but bumbling local law enforcement.

I learned one thing from that show. Never accept a cup of tea from an old lady living in Maine who has no trace of her British accent remaining. It was downright creepy. You heard me correctly. She deposited mind altering chemicals into those posts of tea, she did. That's how she was able to get away with murdering all those defenseless has been actors over the years.

I think OJ must have been once of her nephews. Every relative she visited ended up being accused of murder, but of course proved to be innocent...

Now we all know that OJ had done nothing wrong and was merely framed by a callous murderer (unknown) and inept bumbling police - the core plot of every MSW....

Guest Rory

Angela Lansbury seems to be going strong still. She is 79 and from what I can gather seems to be busy supporting various worthy causes with some considerable energy. I don't think she'll be a candidate for the list for some years to come.

omg i know her

SHE WAS THE BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST actress of her time,

i used to stay home from school and fake sick just to watch her shows!

I LOVE YOU ANGELA

Rorz :P

I think it shows.........

• Like 1

omg i know her

SHE WAS THE BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST actress of her time,

I LOVE YOU ANGELA

Rorz ;)

Maybe you should have got out more instead? :P

Ive seen murder she wrote once or twice but i have to say

even then she looked old.

You would think she would be 90 about now..

Maybe she lies about her age? Ask Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Guest Heebie Jeebie

:P Are you joking I think she looks quite foxy for her age lol!In murder she wrote she was supposed to be playing a spinster detective so nothing was done to disguise those tell tale signs of ageing (ie Turkey Neck).

Before the dross that was Murder She Wrote Ms Lansbury was one of the best character actresses of the 1940s,50s,an 60s!First nominated for an Oscar in 1944 for Gaslight!

An at a robust eighty I reckon she probs has at least ten years in her providing no sudden illnesses!A much better bet would be Deborah Kerr same age bracket but extremely frail mark my words a year at the most for that one! ;)

Guest K/Y/L/E

she is amazing..... she got a tony in 1966 for the original MAME musical....she should have been in the movie, and NOT lucille ball.

Angela lansbury looked 60 in the 60's, and pretty much never aged since then

she is amazing..... she got a tony in 1966 for the original MAME musical....she should have been in the movie, and NOT lucille ball.

So she got an award 40 years ago, so what.

And as she was born on the 16 October 1925, looking 60 when you are 35 is nothing to be proud of. (And not aging since doesn't really make up for it)

:old:

And Engurland won the world cup in the same year and the rest of the U.K. are constantly reminded of this every 4 years.....*** YAWN***

And Engurland won the world cup in the same year and the rest of the U.K. are constantly reminded of this every 4 years.....*** YAWN***

Well, no Englishman felt the need to point that out so we can't be too obsessed! I'm also not too sure that "every four years" can really be considered constant. :old:

She's a friend of Bea Arthur from the Golden Girls. Should imagine they are about the same age.

So she got an award 40 years ago, so what.

Maybe I should have added this bit as well :old:

Update...

British actress Angela Lansbury, 79, is due to undergo knee replacement surgery in hospital in Los Angeles.

The actress, best known for the long-running detective series Murder, She Wrote, is expected to take up to two months to recover.

"Her knee is so painful from years of dancing," said Lansbury's 52-year-old daughter Deirdre Battarra.

A long time ago someone told me that Angela Lansbury doesn't sleep through the night as most people do. Apparently it isn't natural for our bodies to sleep for such a long period of time all at once; following the rhythm of our body, what is more natural is to take little 'catnaps' throughout the day, ever four to six hours. This is, alledgely, much better for our bodies, gives us more energy, and is all the sleep we actually need.

Anyway, I heard that this is what she does. Perhaps this is why she maintains such a youthful and energetic glow, and why she should not be considered for the DeathList quite yet.

Of course, if it's true maybe it was unwise to post, lest current DL candidates cotton on and start practising it themselves...

:(

i think that unless the person is ill or has just had a nasty accident they should not be considered for the deathlist untill they are at least 80 years old.

angela`lansbury is a borderline case. near 80 and recently had a major operation, in old people even routine operations can cause more complications than they do in a younger persons body.

lets start considering angela lansbury for the deathlist in 2006, i would suggest a lower placing in the top 100

i think that unless the person is ill or has just had a nasty accident they should not be considered for the deathlist untill they are at least 80 years old.

It seems that by implication what you're saying is that only really old, clumsy, or unfortunate people are likely to die. There are myriad reasons why someone might kick the bucket; isn't it a bit narrow-minded to close the field to everyone bar those in the most obvious categories?

Firstly, whilst searching for AL references, I found two threads dedicated to her on here, so maybe they could be merged?

Anyway, "Lansbury can dance again"

{threads merged - HCW}

Edited by heaven can wait
  • Like 1