Jump to content
Kenny McCormick

COVID 19 - Second Wave

Recommended Posts

Looks like the 4th wave will be starting soon. Indian variant, R above 1. Time for a new thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Looks like the 4th wave will be starting soon. Indian variant, R above 1. Time for a new thread?

 

No.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just over 4000 cases today - as opposed to about 1900 a few days ago. Let's keep an eye on hospital cases though, they are the key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not in one of the hotspots, but I've noticed that people seem increasingly careless.  Very little effort being made generally to give people space.  Hardly anyone uses the hand sanitiser on entering a shop now.  I still do, but occasionally give it a miss if I've come straight from a shop where I know I didn't touch anything as I figure my hands are still clean.   I was in a charity shop today and only one out of the three staff was wearing a mask properly.  One had it down on her chin and the other had hers right off her face, hanging round her neck.   I wonder what they'd have done if I'd taken mine off.

 

Older people don't give a shit any more because they've been vaccinated.

Younger people just don't give a shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm not in one of the hotspots, but I've noticed that people seem increasingly careless.  Very little effort being made generally to give people space.  Hardly anyone uses the hand sanitiser on entering a shop now.  I still do, but occasionally give it a miss if I've come straight from a shop where I know I didn't touch anything as I figure my hands are still clean.   I was in a charity shop today and only one out of the three staff was wearing a mask properly.  One had it down on her chin and the other had hers right off her face, hanging round her neck.   I wonder what they'd have done if I'd taken mine off.

 

Older people don't give a shit any more because they've been vaccinated.

Younger people just don't give a shit.

 

My first jab is in just over 2 weeks time so I'm hoping folk can avoid passing on any new strains to me before then. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toast said:

Younger people just don't give a shit.


*Some younger people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now doing everything I was before this all started.Fully vaccinated as are all the vulnerable that chose to be.I wear a mask in shops do my twice weekly tests (albeit not always on time).I am glad to be out and living again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I don't worry about it anymore the vaccination programme has been incredible and if the vaccines aren't enough we are screwed anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sean said:

I am now doing everything I was before this all started.Fully vaccinated as are all the vulnerable that chose to be.I wear a mask in shops do my twice weekly tests (albeit not always on time).I am glad to be out and living again.

 

Not quite all, Sean. Cross fingers now they've finally acknowledged the issue though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they changed their guidance to encompass people identified as vulnerable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I thought they changed their guidance to encompass people identified as vulnerable?

 

In February they (as in UK and Scottish governments) dumped a whole bunch of folk on the shielding list off the immediate category for vaccine at the time and a bunch of them fell through a red tape gap. I'm getting mine 4 months later than was intended for someone on my meds soon only because we kept reminding them about the error...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that younger people do care but there are general problems within our society.

 

People ignore rules or think they can break them with no consequences.

People are generally unaware, do not follow or comprehend what is going on beyond their own small world.

People consider themselves to be indestructible, I did when I was young, fit and in good health.

Asymptomatic people who have not tested, do not appreciate the risk that they pose.

Our leaders do not set a good example or adequately define the framework in which we should operate.

 

The world is a different place now, everybody's attitude needs to change. The UK immigration figures release at the start of last week showed how the isolation rules had just been ignored with non nationals entering unrestricted, compare this to Australia. 

 

The fact is that people are going to be vulnerable and people will still die, like flu. A global change is needed and we have to appreciate that religion, bravado or an antivax opinion will not save anybody from the virus, because it does not differentiate.

 

The vaccine program is working and without it countries will be in a far worse state.

 

 

  

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still so many deaths in the world

If this doesn't stop, we will reach 5 milllion for end of the year and 8 million by end of 2022 :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

Still so many deaths in the world

If this doesn't stop, we will reach 5 milllion for end of the year and 8 million by end of 2022 :o

 

Mother Nature having a clear-out.  Possibly assisted by some Chinese scientists (or not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/new-peer-reviewed-study-on-covid-19-vaccines-sugge

 

A must listen. Heavy build up of spike proteins in women's ovaries . I wonder if that's why older women are having periods again after menopause and women are noticing changes to their periods.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56901353.amp

 

https://abc7news.com/covid-vaccine-menstrual-cycle-clinical-trials-and-side-effects-women/10557707/

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msc said:

 

But DO listen to Matthew Sweet politely assassinating her career on BBC Radio here:

Author realizes her new book contains gross inaccuracies on live radio - YouTube

 

Longer version here  but msc's clip is the best bit :facepalm:

I remember ROFLing about this at the time, but hadn't realised the US publishers ended up binning the whole book :lol:

 

Let's just say she's a very unreliable source.

Oh, and she's not a doctor of medicine, virology, or anything scientific. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Toast said:

 

Longer version here  but msc's clip is the best bit :facepalm:

I remember ROFLing about this at the time, but hadn't realised the US publishers ended up binning the whole book :lol:

 

Let's just say she's a very unreliable source.

Oh, and she's not a doctor of medicine, virology, or anything scientific. 

 

 

Nowt wrong with academic doctorates of course, unless you try and use to peddle medical bollocks to the public.

 

I think everyone who has ever had to do proper research for something (as opposed to deadpool research of checking Google!) exhaled a short breath in disbelief at that interview. It should go without saying: always, always triple check stuff, and if something sounds fascinating and unique its probably wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair it ain't exclusively her point of view. I was highlighting the fact that the vaccines are causing issues with some women related to periods. I chose her for leaning to the left to add balance.  Dr. Byram Bridle who is fully qualified and respected like the Salk institute are coming out and saying the same things.Both peer reviewed studies, here is another one. They can't all can't be cranks!

 

I won't be taking the vaccine until at least clinic trials are over in 2023. Had covid twice , once it was very bad. Second time not so much , if i were over 75 I'd probably take it though. Even if it killed me I wouldn't give a toss as I'd probably want to escape old age and the abusive staff :lol:

 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/epub/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.121.318902

 

 

This vaccines haven't got past phase 3 clinic trials and the vaccines haven't even been approved. 

 

Emergency Use Authorization. The vaccines are not approved.

 

E2pL97iXMAMrx7V.png

E2xu1h5WYAAGnwd.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ... I go away for a couple of days and Peru goes ... WTF? 184,000 dead now? What the hell happened there? Makes our government look almost competent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread can be summarized as a non-stop facepalm.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

196619195_3938902326221926_7404135918546

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use