46 minutes ago, Sean said:

Update. Have nasty groggy feeling and aches all over my body apparently quite common. Not agony but unpleasant.Feels like the beginning of flu.Headache came back yesterday evening at work and spread throughout the body.

Which vaccine did you have?

On 16/01/2021 at 21:41, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well my mate has just rang me to tell me that he has caught covid from his fucking cat!

Don't ask meow!

OMG if we can catch it from our cats we're all totally screwed ! :(

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 6

They are vaccinating the wrong people, the old are in danger of dying but it is not them that are keeping the virus moving and that is what needs to be stopped.

There must be records from all the testing that is going on about which age group is more likely to test positive, they are the ones that need the vaccination first so that they don't catch it and transfer it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

They are vaccinating the wrong people, the old are in danger of dying but it is not them that are keeping the virus moving and that is what needs to be stopped.

There must be records from all the testing that is going on about which age group is more likely to test positive, they are the ones that need the vaccination first so that they don't catch it and transfer it.

The problem is that we don't yet know if the vaccine prevents anyone from

a) catching the virus

b) transmitting it

So far all we can be reasonably confident about is that it prevents people from becoming seriously ill from the virus.

Vaccines don't usually protect people from catching a disease.  I think the only one that was wholly successful in that respect is the polio vaccine.

• Like 1

If you want to know how fucked up the US health care system is, here you go: 

On 21/01/2021 at 09:25, torbrexbones said:

The problem the Us is having now is state level bureaucrats have turned into Chidi from the The Good Place trying to  out who to vaccinate in what order,they would be better off  just trying to vaccinate as many as they can  quickly as they can.

• Like 1

Currently being audited, the auditor has been in contact by Microsoft teams, he has had covid his experience summed up by the lack of experience from eating a bacon sandwich (taste and smell, still continuing), youth, his father was a junior of mine. I am waiting for my first vaccination, my condition sarcoidosis has many of the symptoms of long covid (Sarcoidis has some 4500 diagnoses per year UK), I appreciate the new audit experience, more interaction an improvement on prior year interactions and better focus.

I review Numbers

What the goverment want to do is cut down on deaths.

Those most at risk and those caring for them get vaccinnes

Those clinically at risk get vaccines

The assumption is that the others take precautions to stop the spread of the Virus (Government Guidelines)

We continue to vaccinate the  rest of the population.

To take the overview that we are trying to protect the general population to eliminate surplus deaths. We must appreciate that flu and covid deaths will happen but we do not want them to be excessive.

The vaccine will reduce the severity of the Covid and hopefully the death rate.

I feel that the Government have been poor at putting forward their message, the population have been ignorant in following directions and rules. (see other countries with lower death rates)

Even if government have been poor in their advice common sense should have prevailed.

Some questions (there may be different answers with vaccinations/negative tests and guidelines)

1. Why would anybody book and go on holiday in a pandemnic.

2. Why would anybody not wear a mask shopping or on public transport unless it spoilt their makeup or they did not give a shit.

3. Do current partying people have no consideration except for themselves.

4. Most of the guidelines are based on numbers,  just because you have a group of six, or two does not mean it it safe. One infection is all it takes.

as a final comment wedding parties in excess of 100 people deserve to be shot for the benefit of the population.

You'd be surprised at how many people have cancelled a hospital appointment in the last year because they are going on holiday, despite Covid being around. Heck before Covid being around i've had to convince people over the phone to come to their appointment because they had a hair appointment instead.

Like I work in Cardiology. Your heart is more important than a haircut.

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Like I work in Cardiology. Your heart is more important than a haircut.

Ask a hairdresser and they will tell you the opposite.

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Ask a hairdresser and they will tell you the opposite.

Which merely goes to show why they are a hairdresser and not a heart surgeon.

11 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

^^^^^^ there's no cure for stupid ^^^^^^^

Except death.

Who the fuck keeps on removing my posts and why?

59 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Who the fuck keeps on removing my posts and why?

As far as I know, the only people that remove posts are admins or yourself.  As we have no real reason to remove them, I'd have to ask if you're posting properly. (Might be a stupid thing to say, but I have to ask). 

I know you have to ask but yes I am posting properly and have seen the post on the thread as soon as i have posted it but on returning some time later it has gone, I talk about the above post on this thread and also a previous one on this thread last week, both were there and showing on the main index as being the most recent on the board but were gone when I returned later the same day.

(sorry for the off topic but you did ask)

Half decent lockdown joke from Sickipedia

I bet the folks in Norfolk can't wait to meet those outside their bubble and brag about how much sex they've been having

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I know you have to ask but yes I am posting properly and have seen the post on the thread as soon as i have posted it but on returning some time later it has gone, I talk about the above post on this thread and also a previous one on this thread last week, both were there and showing on the main index as being the most recent on the board but were gone when I returned later the same day.

(sorry for the off topic but you did ask)

No worries re being off topic.  I'm afraid I can't answer your question, it's a bit of a mystery to me too. 

Tell folk in their seventies things are going to be a certain way then the next day tell them that things will not be that way after all and the resulting confusion could kill some of them.

Someone should lose their head over this and they should be as high up the gravy tree as you can get.

Noticed this morning that we now have a second covid testing station in the town, I wonder if that means they are expecting more people to need testing or that they forgot about the first one. The new one has all sorts of big signs directing people towards it but the first one only has a sign telling you that you are there.

I'm guessing there's no way of finding out if a specific person has died, right? Sorry, I haven't been following this pandemic very closely other than checking if people I know have died, which seems a likely scenario in this instance. It's very good for turning a budding recluse into the full Howard Hughes, I can confirm.

I heard last night of a relatively young lady (early 30s) that is a health worker and got her first injection of the vaccine a couple of weeks ago and has now caught the virus, she has been laid pretty low with it almost instantly and is currently cursing the patient that pulled the visor and facemask from her when getting treated in hospital.

Minnesota 5.64M - 459K cases - 6208 deaths

Scotland 5.454M - 178K cases - 6000 deaths

South Carolina 5.149M - 431K cases - 6903 deaths

• Like 1

I haven't read the whole thread and I dare say it's been mentioned before but there is a clear correlation between population density and Covid death rates, isn't there. Belgium, the one country* to have done even worse than the UK, has 973 people per square mile. Britain 725, Italy 518, France 319, Spain just 240. Yes France, with a similar population to us, has more than twice the land area. Germany is in the middle somewhere with 603. They managed the first wave well but have lost 47,000 in four months or so. And if you extract England from the rest of the UK our density goes up to a whopping 1,118. On that basis perhaps we haven't done any worse than might have been expected. 

*with at least 10 million people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I haven't read the whole thread and I dare say it's been mentioned before but there is a clear correlation between population density and Covid death rates, isn't there.

A8A27C66-48C7-4218-83BB-63919929B55F.jpeg.4caedf1e1433f45bd1c6d00ea01e1330.jpeg

• Like 2

Not sure that picking one contrary example negates my point. Is there a lot of air travel and tourism between China and Japan? Doesn't take away the fact that our near neighbours in Europe, with more space to spare haven't done a whole lot better than we have. Italy will be past the 100K within a month I'm sure.

I was in a corner shop a little while ago and out of four customers I was the only one in a mask. I suppose that's the government's fault though.