Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Putin

Hal Holbrook

Recommended Posts

Hal Holbrook is an American actor, television director and writer. He is 95 years old and I don't know about any Heath issues that he has, but due yo hes advanced age you never now when they die.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread. I already had him down for my 2021 shadowlist. I feel The DeathList Committee would be wise to include Holbrook next year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so happens I watched Hal Holbrook in a film last night.It was called Creepshow. He was fighting a monster in it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just so happens I watched Hal Holbrook in a film last night.It was called Creepshow. He was fighting a monster in it. 

The episode was "The Crate" also featuring Fritz Weaver, Adrienne Barbeau and Don Keefer. And the guy who played Weaver's pupil, who recently died if I remember correctly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drol said:

The episode was "The Crate" also featuring Fritz Weaver, Adrienne Barbeau and Don Keefer. And the guy who played Weaver's pupil, who recently died if I remember correctly.

It was all a bit silly and dated.One of the stories featured Stephen King as a village idiot slowly turning into a plant. All very bizarre and surreal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just so happens I watched Hal Holbrook in a film last night.It was called Creepshow. He was fighting a monster in it. 

Yes, his wife 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

It was all a bit silly and dated.One of the stories featured Stephen King as a village idiot slowly turning into a plant. All very bizarre and surreal.

It was meant as a homage/pastiche of the US horror comics of the 50s which at one point got conservative Americans knickers in a twist. It is a bit hit and miss as is usually the case with these portmanteau jobs, reckon the best ones are the one with EG Marshall as a reclusive tycoon holed up in his penthouse suite fighting cockroaches, and the one where Leslie Nielsen takes revenge on his wife and her boyfriend. Nielsen’s unhinged performance is superb 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JR976evil said:

It was meant as a homage/pastiche of the US horror comics of the 50s which at one point got conservative Americans knickers in a twist. It is a bit hit and miss as is usually the case with these portmanteau jobs, reckon the best ones are the one with EG Marshall as a reclusive tycoon holed up in his penthouse suite fighting cockroaches, and the one where Leslie Nielsen takes revenge on his wife and her boyfriend. Nielsen’s unhinged performance is superb 

Actually the one with the cockroaches really creeped me out because I've had a beetle infestation in my flat recently.I was looking round the room just in case any were crawling out the woodwork while I watched the film.:unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Actually the one with the cockroaches really creeped me out because I've had a beetle infestation in my flat recently.I was looking round the room just in case any were crawling out the woodwork while I watched the film.:unsure:

I don’t think you need worry about them bursting out of your body mind, not unless perhaps you eat a lot of them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He died the same day as Larry King did, so his death would have been overshadowed by King's in the media, I guess, and maybe that's why it is reported that late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he died in January, so that was 6 hits in January for me.  I'm better at this than I am at most things in life!  There's a joke in there somewhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Well, he died in January, so that was 6 hits in January for me.  I'm better at this than I am at most things in life!  There's a joke in there somewhere.  

Well I for one hope that Paul survives your list.:D

Edited by redrumours
wrong name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, another hit on my list, number 3! Took them awhile to tell us about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two scores in one day!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First DDP hit of the year for me, albeit in the theme team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second hit to me, after Larry King who died the same day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use