Guest Toke Deltorso
He's very much alive and well. His real name is Michael Lee Aday. He's not over weight, but he is big over 6 foot tall.

Meat is a fine figure of a man, (thats if you like fat pie munchers) not overweight get some new specs pal!. ( meatloaf fan eh!) and he dose'nt know his first name was Marvin ?. B)

Guest Guest

He changed his name to Michael some time ago. No he isn't that big really. Don't forget millions of people still buy his albums, so lay off, or continue to sound foolish.

He changed his name to Michael some time ago. No he isn't that big really. Don't forget millions of people still buy his albums, so lay off, or continue to sound foolish.

Thanks for the post Meat, Marvin, Robert, Michael... or just plain Guest as you like to be called now, but you should learn to not be so sensitive. :lol:

Guest Guest

The man spells his name MEAT LOAF (2 words), not like the food.

The man spells his name MEAT LOAF (2 words), not like the food.

Does he always use capital letters too?

Just a guess, but is pizza ' the food ' you refer to?

- Maybe it's bangers & mash?

- Pot Noodle?

Rock stars man! They come out with all this; I'm mental, me.' and, 'yeah man, like I get really bad stage fright and I could have a heart attack at any second,' then they're away down the private doctor or a week on a health farm. He's not on my DP anytime soon.

Rock stars man! They come out with all this; I'm mental, me.' and, 'yeah man, like I get really bad stage fright and I could have a heart attack at any second,' then they're away down the private doctor or a week on a health farm. He's not on my DP anytime soon.

going through one of his fit phases. that sounds like one hell of an anxiety attack, but then he's prone to those. as i recall, jim steinman's bad for good album was supposed to be a meatloaf album but he was getting so wound up that his throat just refused to work. he couldn't sing for some time (insert joke here) and one therapy he tried involved being injected with his own urine! when bat out of hell came out, i remember reviews and interviews where he had to have an oxygen tank at the side of the stage which he huffed on regularly. he was bigger then than he had been a few years before when he was in the rocky horror movie.

he's a yo-yo dieter, has a history of severe anxiety attacks, had that heart op, and although he's a vegetarian there have been some odd abuses over the years (mainlining your own piss being odd in my book!). i think the yo-yo and the stress may make him susceptible to a sudden heart attack, but i'd welcome some medical opinion. i find it very hard to quantify his risk, but there are some factors that would worry the hell out of me if i was him (er, bad choice of words, i know)

ooh, you cynic, mary! he's an anxious bunny, not a genuine rock'n'roll nutjob - but that doesn't lessen any risk, surely!

I'll bow to yer greater knowledge here Pulphack, to the best of my own knowledge I'm the only West Cumbrian lacking a Meatloaf album on CD. Not that it makes any difference but where - as in which part of yer body - is used in the injection of piss?

ah, i don't know everything - thank god, in this case. i have no idea, and i didn't want to find out at the time. maybe someone out there can tell us. atj perhaps - todd rundgren! he's todd rundgren!

ah, i don't know everything - thank god, in this case. i have no idea, and i didn't want to find out at the time. maybe someone out there can tell us. atj perhaps - todd rundgren! he's todd rundgren!

I saw a picture of Todd the other day - looks good considering that the Nazz song that I have is 1968 which makes him something like 58.

he was incredibly young in the nazz, about 16, and still insisted on doing everything. back on the road again with the new cars, who seem to be half-cars, half-utopia, and a drummer who's played with todd before and not with the cars... so that'll be the runt taking over again, then.

wonder if he'll produce bat out of hell 4 (it's inevitable - hang on, they have done 3, haven't they?)? if he does, you can bet a baffled meat will be standing outside the studio wondering why he's not required, next to an equally baffled steinman wondering why he has no songwriting credits on the new album. not that i'm saying todd's a control freak...

It's odd whenm you you think about it but Mr. Meat loaf only seemed to have made one album or may be two or even three but is nowhere on the radar anymore at least not that I can find although maybe a good long google search would find somethinhg ont him but I really dont' know that right now would be the beast time to be doiuntg a search on thios or even persnickety sanctimoniously with little pomp or circymstantce at theis time would be in the best interest of all of us.

All or NNohthing at All was sung once by Frank Sinatra and I probably have it herte someewhere in my collection.

Back to Mr.Aday..................was his mother named Daisy? Taht woull.d explaing hte song I'll give you a daisy aday dear.

"A Daisy A Day"

(As recorded by Jud Strunk)

JUD STRUNK

He remembers the first time he met her

He remembers the first thing he said

He remembers the first time he held her

And the night that she came to his bed

He remembers her sweet way of sayin'

"Honey has something gone wrong?"

He remembers the fun and the teasin'

And the reason he wrote her this song.

I'll give you a daisy a day

Dear I'll give you a daisy a day

I'll love you until the rivers run still

And the four winds we know blow away.

They would walk down the street in the evenin'

And for years I would see them go by

And their love that was more than the clothes that they wore

Could be seen in the gleam of their eye

As a kid they would take me for candy

And I'd love to go taggin' along

We'd hold hands as we'd walk to the corner

And the old man would sing her his song.

Now he walks down the street in the evenin'

And he stops by the old candy store

And I somehow beliee he's believin'

He's holdin' her hand like before

For he feels all her love walkin' with him

And he smiles at things she might say

Then the old man walks up to the hilltop

And gives her a daisy a day.

© Copyright 1972 by Every Little Tune, Inc./Pierre Cossette Music Co.,

3 E. 54th St., New York, N.Y.

The fat diabetic has just turned 59. Rockin' on and working on BOOH III, since the first one was 'Bat OUT of' and the second was 'BACK INTO' what is the newie gonna be called? 'Can't Make Me Mind Up So I'll Hang Around the Gate?'

despite the fact he's only just turned 60, i really don't think it can be very long before old Marvin will be standing "like a sinner before the gates of heaven". He looks (and sounds) pretty ropey on the latest youtube clips.... discuss.

despite the fact he's only just turned 60, i really don't think it can be very long before old Marvin will be standing "like a sinner before the gates of heaven". He looks (and sounds) pretty ropey on the latest youtube clips.... discuss.

Before we can discuss this, you need to attend our panel discussion on search engines.

Before we can discuss this, you need to attend our panel discussion on search engines.

Oh, I dont think it would hurt to discuss this now, Im sure the mods will do what they do to get this merged up to the previous discussion.

He is fat, has been dining off of one brilliant album for 29/30 years and he is to fitness what Adolf was to race relations.

I think he will be around for a while yet tho.

By the way welcome Besty.

Meat Loaf looks like he enjoyed the hospitality at last night's Q Awards. He appeared "in distress" according to The Times. His spokesperson has explained that Mr Loaf's balance problems were caused by "vertigo".

Meat Loaf looks like he enjoyed the hospitality at last night's Q Awards. He appeared "in distress" according to The Times. His spokesperson has explained that Mr Loaf's balance problems were caused by "vertigo".

He got pissed basically...

Those Q awards are getting earlier and earlier.

He must have got well and truly trolleyed, so much so that he spent three days in hospital afterwards. :blink:

He must have got well and truly trolleyed, so much so that he spent three days in hospital afterwards. :flame:

If I had to be at the Q Awards, I'd drink meself to oblivion too..

Meat Loaf collapsed on stage in the US last night: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8...llapses-onstage

I wonder what he registered on the Richter Scale. B)

The article goes on to provide information about Mr Loaf's past health:

"The rocker has had a number of onstage mishaps, having broken a leg when diving offstage at a concert in Ottawa, Canada, and suffering sunstroke at a concert in Denmark.

He also suffered a nervous breakdown which he blamed on a cocaine addiction and being unable to cope with his fame.

Recently the singer admitted he cannot push himself as hard as he used to and needs to take breaks between touring."

Edited by Davey Jones' Locker
Post moved from 'Dead Pop Stars' topic