Why won't the YouTube link in my previous post display? :(

Anyway, here is a review panning the album. It is one of the most entertaining things I have read for a while: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/meat-loafs-new-album-is-flat-out-of-hell--his-voice-is-shot-and-he-sounds-terrible/news-story/4aa352e15db3f80bdd5d0b553db49d50

Another terrible review. Some of the reader comments below it are interesting: http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/reviews/2016/09/09/meat-loaf-braver-we-are-review

"Meat was on the BBC Saturday Kitchen last Saturday in the UK, and he claimed that Steinman had asked him to sing in the lower key. The problem is, he looked completely shot on that show, he really didn't seem to know where he was"

"I saw him live over 10 years ago and his voice was shot then, relying totally on the female singers but he was a great frontman still and had some energy if not a good voice. He's had numerous health scares since then and is very, very frail physically. I heard him on the radio two days back promoting this and his speaking voice is very shaky and weak."

Loaf's career in Australia is over as new album sells just 344 copies in first week:

I thought it already was over - since this

BTW embedded video links haven't been working for ages on here.

• Like 2

Loaf's career in Australia is over as new album sells just 344 copies in first week:

I thought it already was over - since this

BTW embedded video links haven't been working for ages on here.

Okay, well the song is "Speaking in Tongues" on Youtube if anyone wants to hear Meat Loaf singing about "erections of the heart".

• Haha 1

Christ, I forgot DJL's obsession with Meat Loaf's cultural worth in the Australian territories.

Apparently he's not posted on here since July? Have the Australian Catholics been that quiet?

I expect to make my next post in this thread around February 2022 on previous form.

apparently meat loaf was so upset with this video that he stopped eating

Good. His music is trash. 

Meatloaf should go for the cast iron "I've never heard of this guy" defence here...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Good. His music is trash. 

Ahhh........Spoken like a true Millennial.

12 hours ago, Perfect Passing said:

Ahhh........Spoken like a true Millennial.

Let's be fair though, he's not brilliant is he? Even Bat Out Of Hell...some people rave about that song but as far as I can make out it's about 38 minutes too long and no discernible part of it is unshit.

Meatloaf is great, you heathens.

Especially with some mashed potato.

Can't believe I've broken my February 2022 prediction above with two shit jokes, ffs.

2 hours ago, TheQuimReaper said:

Let's be fair though, he's not brilliant is he? Even Bat Out Of Hell...some people rave about that song but as far as I can make out it's about 38 minutes too long and no discernible part of it is unshit.

Sounds a bit like your post quality.

He was, pretty much, a one album wonder and the album just happened to be pretty shit hot for its day.

Whatever came before and whatever went after he never hit that level and, live, he couldn't sing for shit ( my personal opinion) but put on a good show.

It was 1977/78 FFS, you probably hadn't even been fertilized.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He was a one album wonder and the album just happened to be pretty shit.

He couldn't sing for shit.

It was 1977/78 FFS, you hadn't even been fertilized.

Just streamlined that for you.

It's true, I wasn't around in the 70s. Lucky really, that means I suffer with less age-related auditory degeneration for now. Lucky, that is, unless Meat Loaf is playing. Then I see a good case for it.

20 minutes ago, TheQuimReaper said:

I wasn't around in the 70s. 

Exactly.

46 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Exactly.

Oh yeah. Sorry. I'll write 100 lines, 'Advanced age is key to taking the high ground'.

2 minutes ago, TheQuimReaper said:

Oh yeah. Sorry. I'll write 100 lines, 'Advanced age is key to taking the high ground'.

I've not taken the high ground.

You were not around when the album came out, you have no idea of its impact, no idea of its place and generally no fucking idea.

If you don't like that, I couldn't give a shit, your opinion was noted and disagreed with.

If you want to throw your rattle out of the pram it's up to you.

If you wanted to get treated like an adult stop writing like a fucking child.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I've not taken the high ground.

You were not around when the album came out, you have no idea of its impact, no idea of its place and generally no fucking idea.

If you don't like that, I couldn't give a shit, your opinion was noted and disagreed with.

If you want to throw your rattle out of the pram it's up to you.

If you wanted to get treated like an adult stop writing like a fucking child.

Hmm. Younger, jovial opinions are aggravating, it seems. That's a shame.

24 minutes ago, TheQuimReaper said:

Hmm. Younger, jovial opinions are aggravating, it seems. That's a shame.

Not at all.

I see he is in a new series, Ghost Wars.

Kinda 'meh' about the premise but have downloaded ep1 for form watching purposes.

According to the new Meat Loaf bio by Mick Wall, both Loaf and Steinman are in terrible health. It sounds like Steinman will be the first to go though as  he has had multiple heart attacks and strokes, is confined to a wheelchair and "will never write another song". Always very eccentric, his mental health has apparently declined a lot more as well in recent times.

Loaf's voice is ruined and the book talks about his collapses on stage but he is apparently holding up a bit better. The book is worth a quick flip through if you see it on the shelf in a shop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those of us who think they are Meatloaf....

enhanced-buzz-404-1367934718-8.jpg?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

• Like 1