Octopus of Odstock

The grand Old Duke of Kent

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11199605/Queens-extended-royal-family-attends-King-Charles-IIIs-proclamation.html

The Duke of Kent and some of the Queens other cousins seen  for the first time since she died.They were attending King Charles  proclamation.

And Captain Birdseye

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

And Captain Birdseye

But only the Duke of Gloucester had his spouse with him it appears. No Duchess of Kent or Princess Michael of Kent . Whether we can read anything into that I don't know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The Duke of Kent and some of the Queens other cousins seen  for the first time since she died.They were attending King Charles  proclamation.

That's a bold statement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

But only the Duke of Gloucester had his spouse with him it appears. No Duchess of Kent or Princess Michael of Kent . Whether we can read anything into that I don't know.

As I understand it, spouses were not invited, but if Privy Councillors there was a limited number of invitations.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

As I understand it, spouses were not invited, but if Privy Councillors there was a limited number of invitations.

Oh right that might explain it or now I think about it The Duchess of Gloucester is the only spouse who is actually a working royal. Princess Michael never was and The Duchess of Kent hasn't since around 2001. Still no Queens cousin  Princess Alexandra who also exited and entered the Jubilee service in June via side doors for mobility ease so as well maybe to minimise presumably  opportunities to be photographed struggling.  Princess Alexandras absence may actually be the most significant absence as she would have been invited. 

• Like 2

On 10/09/2022 at 23:41, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh right that might explain it or now I think about it The Duchess of Gloucester is the only spouse who is actually a working royal. Princess Michael never was and The Duchess of Kent hasn't since around 2001. Still no Queens cousin  Princess Alexandra who also exited and entered the Jubilee service in June via side doors for mobility ease so as well maybe to minimise presumably  opportunities to be photographed struggling.  Princess Alexandras absence may actually be the most significant absence as she would have been invited. 

She has been attending engagements all year which seemingly involve of meeting and greeting relatively ordinary members of the public so I am not sure she is hiding any frailty.  

I am not sure if the visit to St James was a formal visit because it is not in the court Circular for the Gloucesters or Duke of Kent so not sure of the Protocol involved 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

She has been attending engagements all year which seemingly involve of meeting and greeting relatively ordinary members of the public so I am not sure she is hiding any frailty.  

I am not sure if the visit to St James was a formal visit because it is not in the court Circular for the Gloucesters or Duke of Kent so not sure of the Protocol involved 

Well in reality Princess Alexandras engagements do not get much if any mainstream  media coverage  but the Jubilee service was an incredible focal point for media attention and not just in the UK. So I don't think the same wish to ' hide frailty ' works apply in quite the same way in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Duke of Gloucester, Prince Michael of Kent and Duke of Kent today:

image.thumb.png.297a683970f483e5f32e722a2dca53ff.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ladyfiona said:

Duke of Gloucester, Prince Michael of Kent and Duke of Kent:

image.thumb.png.297a683970f483e5f32e722a2dca53ff.png

Kentish man checks out arse of Man of Kent.

If you watch the back of the royals you will see his mobility issues:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I believe it has later been confirmed as Lady Gabriella Windsor-daughter of Prince Michael of Kent. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/09/2022 at 23:41, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Might be mistaken, but is this not a first appearance during the mourning period by Princess Alexandra at tonight's vigil? Still no sign of the Duchess of Kent though (unless I've got my old royal ladies mixed up).

Screenshot_20220916-204647_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Might be mistaken, but is this not a first appearance during the mourning period by Princess Alexandra at tonight's vigil? Still no sign of the Duchess of Kent though (unless I've got my old royal ladies mixed up).

Screenshot_20220916-204647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes that is Princess Alexandra!

• Like 2

She appeared very hunched and frail I thought.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Sean said:

She appeared very hunched and frail I thought.

While not so much hunched here I don't think she looks the picture of health  either-  the solemn occasion aside. image.thumb.png.33bf5ebf6a52ec94cd93323179f13d45.png

• Like 1

She just looks sad to me.  And as elegant as always.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

She was probably itching to get back to watching racing on the telly.

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Always elegant  yes  

She did have a few falls around 2018 or 2019 and I saw a picture on an Instagram story or video about five years ago were she was arranging a bunch of flowers in a vase whilst visiting one of her adult granddaughters (Flora or Zenouska) and her hands and wrists looked incredibly  inflamed,  red and tender . So definitely one worth keeping an eye on.

3 hours ago, drol said:

She was probably itching to get back to watching racing on the telly.

I don't think Princess Alexandra follows racing, don't recall seeing her at the races or owning any horses, but IMBW.

That leads me to another thought, but I'll take it to the Queen's thread.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I don't think Princess Alexandra follows racing, don't recall seeing her at the races or owning any horses, but IMBW.

That leads me to another thought, but I'll take it to the Queen's thread.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/06/15/royal-ascot-2022-day-2/
I am not sure if she is a fan but she was at Royal Ascot this year.

Rebecca English on Twitter: "The cover of tomorrow’s Order of Service and details of the royal party featuring Prince George and Princess Charlotte #TheQueen https://t.co/jd9HrlzHHY" / Twitter

According to the published Order of service for tomorrows funeral The Duke of Kent will be part of the family grouping that walks behind the Queens coffin the length of the Abbey.

I still believe that the Duke of Kent will be the next Royal death, but his efforts to walk unaided up the Abbey, no matter how much he struggled, means I think he might well see 2024. If he hadn't walked at all, then I think he would be a cert for 2023.

His younger cousin, the Duke of Gloucester looks in fine fettle, considering how far a near 80 year old walked.

• Like 6