Octopus of Odstock

The grand Old Duke of Kent

5 hours ago, Talkative Finn said:

But at least he (very sensibly) IS using a walking stick. And a real one, not one of those strange things the late Queen insisted of using.

Agreed, the kind with a hook are much more useful and versatile than the others.  I don't need a walking stick but I always take one when walking in the countryside, especially with dogs. 

It comes in handy for all sorts of things.  Bashing down nettles, pulling down branches to reach fruit, testing the depth of water, holding back brambles .....

I once saw an old man who had fallen on the pavement (I was driving in traffic, so couldn't help). He was beside some railings and he had hooked his walking stick around the top bar and was managing to pull himself up. 

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Edward and Sophie appear to be very busy in their Royal duties at the moment. 

Their kids probably had pretty ordinary careers ahead of them which are now all in tatters thanks to their creepy uncle's hijinks. 

• Like 1

Not sure if he'll see 90. Blokes basically a walking cadaver now 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Their kids probably had pretty ordinary careers ahead of them which are now all in tatters thanks to their creepy uncle's hijinks. 

Andrew's daughters aren't doing much either are they? They remain relatively untainted despite obvious association issues, but are not particularly working royals as far as I understand it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Not sure if he'll see 90. Blokes basically a walking cadaver now 

I think they only give up those royal honorary colonelships when they really have to for health reasons. The time Prince Philip gave up his was about the last time we saw him walking.

• Like 3