Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

On 18/12/2022 at 22:45, Clarence said:

Too healthy to put them in the list next year. Those people still actived right now! 

The only people I have on my list including my list for 2023 are notable nonagenarians and centenarians because they are at an age where they can pass away to natural causes.  Anyone younger than that, I do not have on my list.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

22 minutes ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

The only people I have on my list including my list for 2023 are notable nonagenarians and centenarians because they are at an age where they can pass away to natural causes.  Anyone younger than that, I do not have on my list.

Ok, but it still good to pick young folks who had terminal illness. For example, Jonnie Irwin and Gianluca Vialli must be in the list next year because they had terminal illness!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clarence said:

Ok, but it still good to pick young folks who had terminal illness. For example, Jonnie Irwin and Gianluca Vialli must be in the list next year because they had terminal illness!

Someone who currently has Alzheimer's disease is on my list for 2023 for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

Someone who currently has Alzheimer's disease is on my list for 2023 for sure.

Peter Falk?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Clarence said:

I have a feeling the committee won't pick Irwin but I could be wrong.I was surprised they picked Johhny Clegg,Bill Gates Sr , Errol Christie and Gord Downie.

16 hours ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

That defies logic.You can't honestly tell me that Bill Roache or Rupert Murdoch are better picks than Gianluca Vialli and Johnnie Irwin just because they are elderly?

• Like 2

This is the first year I'm putting together a death list but I'm not sure they are well known in the UK. There were some government officials and TV personas on previous lists I had no idea who they were because I live in the US. Is there a way to find out if they work for the list or should I just submit my first draft and go from there?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Peter Falk?

He's been gone years, hasn't he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, sklauda1 said:

This is the first year I'm putting together a death list but I'm not sure they are well known in the UK. There were some government officials and TV personas on previous lists I had no idea who they were because I live in the US. Is there a way to find out if they work for the list or should I just submit my first draft and go from there?

If it is your own personal shadow list then you can be your own judge but if you are entering it into one of the competition the game runner will advise on eligibility. Expecting to get an English language obituary is the usual criteria 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2022 at 12:05, msc said:

Lance Henriksen (1940) - Looked quite frail in his last big TV thing, I thought, but never had enough room for the Aliens star.

Did you see him in The Quarry? I thought he was already gone, so he's on my list as well.

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

If it is your own personal shadow list then you can be your own judge but if you are entering it into one of the competition the game runner will advise on eligibility. Expecting to get an English language obituary is the usual criteria 

Oh yeah, all of them are US celebrities, just a BIT niche because they are from older shows.

3 minutes ago, sklauda1 said:

He's been gone years, hasn't he?

See Peter Falk thread for details.

Ones I don't see on anyone else's list are Jane Goodall, Bill Cosby, Bill Gaither, Richard Simmons, Michael J Fox, John Aston, Russ Tamblyn, Carol Baskin, Gary Busey, Marsha Warfield, Terry Bradshaw, Hulk Hogan, Bruce Willis, and Joseph James DeAngelo.

• Like 1

Just now, sklauda1 said:

Joseph James DeAngelo.

DeAngelo is someone who I have thought about including on a few of my lists but I can't work out if he is actually ill or not. From what I have seen when he was arrested a few years back he was in alright health, but when it came to his trial in 2020 he was acting as if he was not long for this earth. My heart tells me that it was an act to try and gain sympathy but then if you look at the his mugshot when first arrested and then look at him in court there does seem to have been a massive decline, probably due to prison.

Joseph DeAngelo mugshot.jpg Golden State Killer: former police officer pleads guilty to string of  murders | California | The Guardian

2018 vs 2020

• Like 2

DeAngelo is probably fool's gold. He was captured on security cameras in June/July 2020 active in his cell, cleaning up and climbing around to cover lights. Then suddenly the next month at his trial he's in a wheelchair acting as if he can barely talk or move. Granted that was two years ago but gut feeling tells me he's probably doing fine for his age.

For other California serial killers, Edmund Kemper is a "famous" guy I'm surprised isn't discussed much here. Per his 2017 parole transcript he had a stroke that seriously diminished his mental faculties, not to mention he's obese and wheelchair-bound.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Al Roker is a possibility. He's been to the hospital twice with blood clots and he's also a cancer survivor.

On 04/11/2022 at 13:12, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Former Indonesian Vice President (1993-1998), Try Sutrisno looks pretty bad for 86. I doubt he is famous enough to be included on the list tho.

Try Sutrisno: Pemuda adalah pelopor dan patriot perjuangan bangsa - ANTARA  News Palu, Sulawesi Tengah - ANTARA News Palu, Sulawesi Tengah - Berita  Terkini Sulawesi Tengah

Has had a recent stint in the hospital, and had a debunking on a death hoax.

By the looks of it doesn't have long left at all.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 17:57, When The said:

Why do I feel like Michael Douglas is a possibility?

Edit: God damn he looks old as fuck. He looks completely unrecognizable.

He does really look like he's aged, wow.  Still, he doesn't look frail, and though he had that cancer scare, doesn't appear to be in imminent danger.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

He does really look like he's aged, wow.  Still, he doesn't look frail, and though he had that cancer scare, doesn't appear to be in imminent danger.  

He eats well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watching BBC newsday where they just showed a short interview with David Hockney.Looks and sounds weak and ill.

• Like 4

Gerald Harper (92 next year) - played Adam Adamant Lives! In the 60's

Tony Bilbow (91 next year) - 60's BBC presenter 

Michael Charlton (96 next year) - BBC Journalist & Panorama regular 

Frederic Raphael (92 next year) - Film1 presenter in the 70s 

• Like 2

Charles Sobhraj, the Serpent killer, has been realised from Jail partly due to his heart disease related poor health, maybe one to keep an eye on. He has had several heart surgeries in recent years. He is 78. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1