Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

Roy Chubby Brown postponed some gigs to 2023 due to illness. Apparently, he's done this quite regularly in recent years, and is 78 next year. He also had a hip replacement during the summer. 

• Like 2

Thinking about my top 50 List, and with 13 hits this year (a down year for sure), that means I'll have at least 13 new openings.

13 Must-Add's

Randy Jackson (looks like a dying man)

June Spencer (age alone)

Glynis Johns (age alone)

Linda Nolan (advanced cancer)

Sonny Rollins (92, is well past the life expectancy for his pulmonary fibrosis)

Song Ping (age alone)

James Whale (stage 4 cancer, recently hospitalized)

Frank Field (terminally ill since Oct. 2021)

Rolf Harris (92 and very ill with cancer)

Andy Taylor (just a 30% survival rate for stage 4 prostate cancer at the fifth year of diagnosis)

Ryuichi Sakamoto (stage 4 cancer and just gave "last" concert)

Gianluca Vialli (second battle with pancreatic cancer, hospitalized)

Steve McMichael (seriously ill with ALS)

Must-Keeps (24)

Bob Newhart

Pele

Ayatollah Khamenei

Jimmy Carter

Rosalynn Carter

Yoko Ono

Harry Belafonte

Joanne Woodward

Tony Bennett

Barbara Walters

Eva Marie Saint

Bob Barker

Pope Benedict

Fay Vincent

Dick Cheney

Steve Gleason

Jacques Delors

Robert Solow

Don West

James Lovelock

Philippe de Gaulle

George Alagiah

Stanley Baxter

Henry Kissinger

So this leaves 13 spots for me.  Of my remaining holdovers, I will probably drop Bob Cousy and David Crosby, with the others still a part of the discussion.  I'll list some more names I have my eye on below, with comments included.

Dikembe Mutombo (Receiving treatment for a brain tumor as of Oct. 2022; haven't been able to find further specifics.  If it's a glioblastoma, there's a chance he may not see 2024, and he'd be a must for 2024 lists.)

Mohamed al-Fayed (turns 94 next month, could be in failing health)

Tim Curry (has been frail for quite a while now after his major 2012 stroke)

Vladimir Putin (he's obviously ill to some degree; rumors that he's very ill continue)

Norman Lear (looks good to me still, but he's 100, after all)

Liza Minnelli (obviously extremely frail, as evidenced by her Oscars appearance)

Robert Wagner (if law enforcement won't get him, perhaps The Reaper will)

Katherine Jackson (failing health rumors for a while now)

Norman Tebbit (going off comments in his thread that his body seems to be deteriorating)

Milan Kundera (probably moves up on the DL if he makes it to '23)

Nigel Starmer-Smith (a high-enough placing on the DL to make me think he is very likely to go in the next year or two)

Bobby Charlton (another DL pick pretty high on the list)

Ted Turner (late stages of Lewy Body dementia?)

Stella Stevens (late stages of dementia)

Mel Brooks (mentally still all there at 96)

James Earl Jones (91 and in declining health)

Roberta Flack (85 and just diagnosed with ALS)

Jean-Marie Le Pen (looks like he's declined in the past year)

Sandra Day O'Connor (at 92, has lasted a long while now with dementia/Alzheimer's)

Ruth Buzzi (the 86-year-old suffered a series of strokes earlier this year)

Pervez Musharraf (organs deteriorating as of June 2022)

Of these above names, I think I'll be reserving spots for Musharraf, Starmer-Smith, Tebbit, and Minnelli.  Some other strong candidates though, clearly.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

James Lovelock

Well, I think you will be pleased to know that you have not 13 but 14 hits as James lovelock died back in july

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Well, I think you will be pleased to know that you have not 13 but 14 hits as James lovelock died back in july

How the hell did I miss that?  I try to keep up, but as a Yank, I guess I don't catch them all.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

Joyce Randolph (The Honeymooners)

Max Baer Jr 

John Astin

Hal Linden (Barney Miller)

Shirley Jones

Sally Jessy Raphael

Lee Majors

Julie Newmar

Bruce Willis

Robert Wagner

Joel Gray

Paul Dooley

George Maharis

Ronnie Schell

Angie Dickinson

Marion Ross (Mrs C from Happy Days)

David Soul

Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee)

Alan Alda

Morgan Freeman

Richard Chamberlain

Hector Elizondo

John Cleese

Elliott Gould

Sherry Jackson 60s heart throb Appeared in many TV shows like Lost IN Space, Batman, Star Trek, etc. 

Mario Andretti race car driver

AJ Foyt race car driver

Michael J. Fox

Al Pacino

Robert DeNiro

Michael Moore

Rob Reiner

Gary Burghoff (Radar from M*A*S*H)

Jamie Farr

On 13/12/2022 at 05:25, Death Impends said:

Joyce Randolph is a completely different person from either Joyce Reynolds.

Edited by travelman
Added names

I missed Jonnie Irwin before; that would be another must-add for me.  And Rob Burrow (just learned about him) might not be too far behind, sadly.  

• Like 1

Already been posted here but reminder that a neighbours actress called Katie Keltie has stage 4 breast cancer. An agressive type apparently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mark Labbett aka The Beast from The Chase has lost a remarkable amount of weight over a short period of time.

Could he be ill?

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Mark Labbett aka The Beast from The Chase has lost a remarkable amount of weight over a short period of time.

Could he be ill?

He’s lost 10 stone since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This was a deliberate weight loss through exercise and cutting down on sugar and carbs.

I don’t think he’s a good option for 2023. 

• Like 1

A nice healthy routine of cutting down on sugar, carbs, and fucking his own cousin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

A nice healthy routine of cutting down on sugar, carbs, and fucking his own cousin.

To put things in perspective, wikipedia tells me she is his second cousin

... and 27 years younger than him :facepalm:

Which means they got married at 49 and 22.

• Like 2

It's probably nothing but may be worth keeping an eye on Mike Oldfield (b. 1953).

Next month will mark six years since his last studio album, the last time he did anything in the public eye.

50th anniversary Tubular Bells tour is happening without him next year. His long-term collaborator Robin Smith is arranging and conducting it but no sign of Oldfield. It may be that he's just happy to retire but you'd expect him to mark it himself in some way, considering the previous sequels, re-recordings and tours. 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2022 at 10:36, Spade_Cooley said:

Come again????

On 22/12/2022 at 02:35, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Has had a recent stint in the hospital, and had a debunking on a death hoax.

By the looks of it doesn't have long left at all.

He (Try Sutrisno, Suharto's VP) now visited by Indonesia's VP:

https://news.detik.com/berita/d-6481996/wapres-maruf-besuk-try-sutrisno-di-rspad-ungkap-kondisi-terkini

He doesn't look great but a bit better than a week ago. He's been in that hospital for almost a full month now and seems like he's undergoing cell treatment for cancer.

• Thanks 1

Just thought  I would highlight to those still putting their teams together and looking for ideas that even in the photos posted on her Instagram account on Christmas day the wife of Lee Majors has not posted any photos of him. 

It is very noticeable that he no longer features in any of her photos after previously  featuring in the majority of them.

Something is up and I think deadpoolers should consider him.

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Just thought  I would highlight to those still putting their teams together and looking for ideas that even in the photos posted on her Instagram account on Christmas day the wife of Lee Majors has not posted any photos of him. 

It is very noticeable that he no longer features in any of her photos after previously  featuring in the majority of them.

Something is up and I think deadpoolers should consider him.

I may put him on my list, just to take some risk. Did he have some known health issues ?

Henry Kelly and Gordon Burns

not heard much about either of them recently but Kelly was on a clip earlier this(?) year & not seeming too great. 

Assuming Pelé is out before 2023, here are my revised 11 recommended drops and 11 likely drops.

Recommded drops

Dick Cheney (81, doesn’t seem to be in any immediate danger, still semi-active in politics)

Emperor Akihito (recovering from heart failure, looks in good shape for late eighties) 

Desmond Morris (in top form for a ninety-four year old, still giving interviews) 

Prunella Scales (still out and about whilst passing for someone ten years young)

Denis Law (occasionally still steps out in public, not in any immediate danger)

David Crosby (still working, better candidates to have at this stage)

Michael Gambon (made quite a few recent zoo visits, not in immediate danger) 

Silvio Berlusconi (still active in politics this year, looking a youthful 86 year old) 

Marianne Faithfull (next one I would drop: in care home but still was able to give recent lengthy interview)

Linda Ronstadt (76, no immediate danger, gave interview not long ago where she looked fabulous)

Shane MacGowan (only 65, well enough to give Christmas message, although he may not see seventy)

If someone disagrees with any of these, that’s ok, as long as you can name an alternate name to be dropped. 11 will likely have to be dropped.

Likely drops

Dick Cheney

Desmond Morris

Denis Law

Norman Tebbit

David Crosby

Michael Gambon

Silvio Berlusconi 

Marianne Faithfull

Linda Ronstadt

Douglas Hurd

Shane MacGowan 

21 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Norman Tebbit

The Committee wouldn't drop Tebbit. He is clearly deteriorating, retired earlier this year, and lost his wife in the December of 2020. Sandy Gall or Alan Greenspan would be better suggestions, despite their advanced ages (96 and 97 next year respectively), although the former more so than the latter in terms of likelihood. 

10 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

The Committee wouldn't drop Tebbit. He is clearly deteriorating, retired earlier this year, and lost his wife in the December of 2020. Sandy Gall or Alan Greenspan would be better suggestions, despite their advanced ages (96 and 97 next year respectively), although the former more so than the latter in terms of likelihood. 

Alan Greenspan and Sandy Gall are on until they croak now. Especially Greenspan, he hasn’t missed a DL appearance since his inauguration in 2019, and he is always in the top 25.

However, I’m open to the possibility the DL will drop Joss Ackland or Milan Kundera, but it would be a grave mistake...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Likely drops

David Crosby 

I hope so - I’ve never understood why he’s made the list. He’s not ill, he’s just dramatic as he always has been.

• Haha 1

So I’m gonna mention my ddp drops for 2023 so if anyone want to claim any of these names for this upcoming year go right ahead. Knowing my luck they’ll all die next year:

Bobby Caldwell - he’s definitely ill but it definitely seems to be less terminal and more just being in an awful state in general. I certainly don’t want anyone in his position though

Steve Lieberman - I absolutely love this pick. Such a fascinating figure that I really hope he doesn’t become LOTM. He’s also been in and out of hospice for a while 

Kenneth Mitchell - he has ALS although I think I went a little early for him

Jake “The Snake” Roberts - seems to have rebounded after his health issues. Would be stunned if he’s a live in a decade from now but for the time being he’s stable

Gavin Robertson - he definitely has glio as he confirmed in news elsewhere, but given he lasted this long with it he’s probably going the Helen Legh/Karen Lewis long term glioblastoma cases

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

However, I’m open to the possibility the DL will drop Joss Ackland or Milan Kundera, but it would be a grave mistake...

Agreed. Both are in the "how the hell are they still alive" territory for me now. 

Ackland looked very frail in that Read A Letter video. It's been two years and eight months since it. Has he been heard of during the last year or two?

Kundera is very ill and has been for a while. The Czech ex-president confirmed it in his birthday message for Kundera earlier this year. He's been unable to comment on anything for a while and did not participate in any way in the making of that documentary on himself.

• Like 1