TQR

The Next Tory Leader

Who’ll Be The Next Tory Leader?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Er…this isn’t ‘Who do you WANT to be next Tory leader’. I WANT every single one of their Pinocchio noses fed through a mangle before getting shoved into the Job Centre queue.

In terms of who you THINK will be next Tory leader, whoever it is will contravene at the very least a couple of your shopping list of requirements.

Er...where did you think I meant who I WANT? I don't WANT any fucking Tory running the Cuntsry.

Same would apply to a Labour leader for example. Even they might struggle with that list. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Nadine Dorries is considering a run too. Can’t see it happening and frankly I’m laughing too hard at the prospect to add her name to the poll yet. I’ll leave her under ‘Other’ for now.

Oh christ.  I was only joking when I suggested her.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh christ.  I was only joking when I suggested her.

#GoNads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Patel.

It's just the sort of thing the tories would do.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Er...where did you think I meant who I WANT? I don't WANT any fucking Tory running the Cuntsry.

Same would apply to a Labour leader for example. Even they might struggle with that list. :lol:

To be honest what myself,  YW or TQR want will probably play little part in the decision making process but if they pick someone bat shit crazy it makes Starmer's job much easier as his Tory lite act can continue to work. Someone like Tugendhat will move his tanks onto Starmers lawn which means he might have to start working harder to keep the votes on the left of the party that might end up going to the Greens or even LDs if Europe is most important to them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

To be honest what myself,  YW or TQR want will probably play little part in the decision making process but if they pick someone bat shit crazy it makes Starmer's job much easier as his Tory lite act can continue to work. Someone like Tugendhat will move his tanks onto Starmers lawn which means he might have to start working harder to keep the votes on the left of the party that might end up going to the Greens or even LDs if Europe is most important to them

Personally I'd like a Tory leader who can lose around 350 seats in an election...:D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I'm struggling to decipher what Starmer's lawn is, tbh. He needs to get a grip, I can imagine many of his benchers groaned when Durham's finest cleared him.

For years and decades the Tories have said something to the effect of you can't just throw money at a problem. And all they've done is throw money at petrol prices, energy prices, furlough, groupon two for one meal deals, etc etc and when the fraudsters come a calling, we'll let them off, all while taxing the people more.

Whoever it is needs to get to the endemic problems of opportunity and social mobility, and deliver comfort to the people who do the right thing. I don't expect a Labour  or Tory leader to be able to do that at the moment.

So to answer who will be the next Tory leader? It doesn't matter. But who the the next Labour leader will be might.

• Like 1

Sunak does look like he is going to get close to making the final two but with Boris and his supporters hating him press backing could be a struggle. 

• Like 1

Ben Wallace has decided to not run. 

Meanwhile the Daily Mail have endorsed Nadine Dories. Looks like they will be full in against Sunak as well. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Ben Wallace has decided to not run. 

Meanwhile the Daily Mail have endorsed Nadine Dories. Looks like they will be full in against Sunak as well. 

"And our secret love's no secret anymore" - Dorries Day.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

BrexitHardManSteve Baker has decided not to run. Maybe he’s too hard. Grrr. Hard man. 

Kemi Badenoch has launched her bid so I’ve put her name where BrexitHardManSteve Baker was.

Nadine Dorries is considering a run too. Can’t see it happening and frankly I’m laughing too hard at the prospect to add her name to the poll yet. I’ll leave her under ‘Other’ for now.

HardmanSteve Baker is backing  Cruella Braverman.Beware be very aware!

10 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

Hardman Steve Baker is backing  Cruella Braverman.Beware be very aware!

Those two .... That is a terrifying prospect.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Those two .... That is a terrifying prospect.

He's after the pointless deputy post methinks.

2 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

He's after the pointless deputy post methinks.

Chancellor surely. 

The Sun seem to be promoting Sunak on their website so they might surprisingly be backing him (despite being extremely pro Boris this week.)

1 hour ago, Redrumours said:

HardmanSteve Baker is backing  Cruella Braverman.Beware be very aware!

Fucking hell…the only upside I can see to this is absolute electoral devastation at the next GE

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

Fucking hell…the only upside I can see to this is absolute electoral devastation at the next GE

I would hope so, but you have to fear the worst.

Then there's our new Minister for Education giving the finger to the public.

You really couldn't make it up.

• Haha 1

Dominic Cummings is claiming two of the likely contenders have history of sleeping with Aides. I wonder who. Liz Truss is the only one who has previous public history of that type of scandal. 

• Haha 1

Rishi Sunak. I said to my parents back when the lockdown first began and he was doing press stuff that he looks like the next person who could be PM. He presents himself well.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:
Rishi Sunak. I said to my parents back when the lockdown first began and he was doing press stuff that he looks like the next person who could be PM. He presents himself well.

He presents himself to me as a slimy turd.

• Like 3

Sunak biggest challenge if he could win the Tory Membership against an MP running to the right of him economically.

11 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Partygate should sink him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

Partygate should sink him.

I’m not sure Tory members care enough about that. 

19 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Sunak downright lied to Laura K in an interview that he was not aware of and did not attend any events, saying he was working hard on the economy.

The former Goldman Sachs banker (remember that lot that caused the financial crisis anyone?) in charge of the public purse while his quite clearly domiciled missus was avoiding paying a penny to the Exchequer. Who resisted levying a penny on oil company profits. Who sent folk to restaurants increasing the spread of COVID.

Apart from that lot, ideal candidate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1