TQR

The Next Tory Leader

Who’ll Be The Next Tory Leader?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, TQR said:

Leadership hopefuls need to get 20 MPs backing them by the end of today to progress. So far, that’s Sunak, Tugend, Mordaunt and Zahawi.

According to the Independent Zahawi is still on 14?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

According to the Independent Zahawi is still on 14?

According to Zahawi he’s got “at least 20”. I know Tories are all lying cunts but it’d be really quite special to tell a lie that can just be disproved hours later.

Truss is now on 21.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

According to Zahawi he’s got “at least 20”. I know Tories are all lying cunts but it’d be really quite special to tell a lie that can just be disproved hours later.

Truss is now on 21.

BBC are currently saying Sunak, Truss, Mordaunt & Tugendhat at the nomination threshold

Though they do tend to be a bit cautious with the updates

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

Truss is now on 21.

One wonders though if he has 20 names why some of them are too shy to go public?

I think his accepting the role of Chancellor and less than 24 hours later calling on Boris too resign was way too nakedly transparent  and upset a lot of mps and supporters/cheerleaders  in the media. 

BBC update, Patel isn't standing (translation: "20 friends, wtf are you kidding!?")

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62115347

Perhaps, more seriously, that 20 threshold is a better idea than we realise. Given the rats-in-a-sack level of cameraderie that's common on a calm day in the Conservative Party, it's likely those who actually have a few, shock horror, real friends are getting support at this point before everyone looking out for themselves gradually gravitates to the candidate(s) they think can win and offer them cabinet jobs later. Given that Patel only dodged censure for bullying because Boris made sure she did, her ability to find 20 people motivated to support her in a very uncertain race was probably compromised from the start. 

If it all goes to shit and she's out of cabinet there's doubtless well paid work in her local dairy as she stares at fresh milk and turns it instantly to yoghurt, or summat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I wonder who Rehman Chishti will endorse  if he doesn't make  it onto the ballot paper?

“If”?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Braverman? 

3 hours ago, TQR said:

No chance. Thank FUCK.

You were saying...? :facepalm:

image.png.c5f4fa5106ed09b8cc3d9d839c401fdd.png

Person responsible for overseeing good law abiding practice, doesn't resign after any of Boris' lies or his breach of the COVID regulations.

Eminently qualified to be cunt in chief I'd say. :lol:

Hunt's in. That leaves Zahawi (who claims he has the numbers), Javid, Badenoch and Chishti.

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

Hunt's in. That leaves Zahawi (who claims he has the numbers), Javid, Badenoch and Chishti.

Don't underestimate  Chishti!

15 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

You were saying...? :facepalm:

image.png.c5f4fa5106ed09b8cc3d9d839c401fdd.png

Good grief. Must be lots of private backers.

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Don't underestimate  Chishti!

Tragedy.

• Haha 1

I'd so do Chishti, they way he plunges in and withdraws is excellent...:lol:

• Haha 2

Jeremy Cunt has also made the hut.

Javid is out. 

Eight names on the ballot. Deleted the rest of the names from the poll.

Great choice of logo for Tom Tugend.

1FBC2432-586E-4DC0-9F9D-0AA9D8C49B0C.jpeg.b6225f90dec2bb0e40ee13139d18d50b.jpeg

• Haha 3

Interesting to see where the lightweights that count as the current Tory 'big hitters' are stacking up. These are the ones I'm aware of at the minute:

Sunak - Raab, Shapps, Dowden, Hancock, Lamont

Truss - Rees-Mogg, Dorries

Badenoch - Gove

Tugendhat - Trevelyan

Mordaunt - Davis

Braverman - Baker

Hunt - McVey

Zahawi - ?

Have to say, having paid slightly above average attention to the leadership race, I'm slightly surprised by just how well Mordaunt is doing considering her seemingly low profile. I mean, I know who she is, I know a little about her background, but I feel I've heard considerably less about her this week than virtually any other candidate. Sunak, Badenoch, Tugendhat and Zahawi have all had launch events, Braverman has made her positions very clear and obviously got early headway by when she announced, Hunt and Truss have lots of name recognition but Mordaunt is still yet to break cover in any significant way (I haven't watched any of these awful launch videos) and yet she's still the darling of the members and was second or third to declare 20+ nominations. Definitely the dark horse.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Interesting to see where the lightweights that count as the current Tory 'big hitters' are stacking up. These are the ones I'm aware of at the minute:

Sunak - Raab, Shapps, Dowden, Hancock, Lamont

Truss - Rees-Mogg, Dorries

Badenoch - Gove

Tugendhat - Trevelyan

Mordaunt - Davis

Braverman - Baker

Zahawi - ?

Hunt - ?

Have to say, having paid slightly above average attention to the leadership race, I'm slightly surprised by just how well Mordaunt is doing considering her seemingly low profile. I mean, I know who she is, I know a little about her background, but I feel I've heard considerably less about her this week than virtually any other candidate. Sunak, Badenoch, Tugendhat and Zahawi have all had launch events, Braverman has made her positions very clear and obviously got early headway by when she announced, Hunt and Truss have lots of name recognition but Mordaunt is still yet to break cover in any significant way (I haven't watched any of these awful launch videos) and yet she's still the darling of the members and was second or third to declare 20+ nominations. Definitely the dark horse.

Hunt has Esther McVey

• Like 1

Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Tom Tugendhat, Penny Mordaunt, Kemi Badenoch, Nadhim Zahawi, Jeremy Hunt and Suella Braverman have all made it onto the ballot

They could all get the 30 votes to progress to the next round though. However I think the convention is the lowest polled person drops out. Zahawi?

Tactical voting going on also.

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Hunt has Esther McVey

Forgot about that unholy alliance. So edited.

• Like 1

I think Turss being seen as the Boris candidates might stop her making the ballot meaning it becomes Sunak  vs Mordaunt. I think a run off between those two might nit become quite as dirty as if it was Truss vs Sunak. 

Truss/Mordaunt final two is my guess. Sunak is the Heseltine.