Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

1 minute ago, La Tombe said:

June Spencer unknown outside the uk

Come on now, I get what you're saying but you know the criteria.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Brigitte Bardot is more famous in the UK than Catherine Deneuve I would say. 

I'm not so sure about that. BB's film career was relatively short.  She is perhaps better known as a sex symbol, and younger people won't remember that.

Catherine Deneuve is still working after more than 60 years, and many, many more people will have seen her in something.

• Like 1

Noel Edmonds, for no other reason than putting him in the 50, if 2023 goes out with a bang, might put the willies up him.

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm not so sure about that. BB's film career was relatively short.  She is perhaps better known as a sex symbol, and younger people won't remember that.

Catherine Deneuve is still working after more than 60 years, and many, many more people will have seen her in something.

Maybe but her status as sex symbol seems to get her known by people who are not big film buffs. I asked my parents and their both recognised Bardot but didn’t know who Deneuve is. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Neol Edmunds said:

Noel Edmonds, for no other reason than putting him in the 50, if 2023 goes out with a bang, might put the willies up him.

Probably be a wasted pick, that. This is a man who cured his cancer with positive energy and an electromagnetic contraption he got from Amazon. Nothing'll stop him.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Neol Edmunds said:

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

Probably be a wasted pick, that. This is a man who cured his cancer with positive energy and an electromagnetic contraption he got from Amazon. Nothing'll stop him.

But think. DI's headline could be "Noel And Void"!!! Too good to miss.

• Haha 1

He'd have to die with 21 other people so an independent adjudicator can line up and number the coffins and do the funeral that way.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

I'm 30 and I know BB since forever. She is like a milestone of beauty and I don't know any movie she did. She's like Marilyn Monroe but not dead yet so people don't use her pics as much. I've seen girls use her as inspiration. She's just known. Deneuve is not as famous outside France and UK. She's an actress, not a symbol of something. No hate, just beaing real. My dad who loves French cinema had to think twice to remember her. BB beats CD in fame. Deneuve is like Belmondo. Famous but not a FAMOUS. Loren is a legend.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, La Tombe said:

I think Delon is less known outside France than Bardot. I would like to see Liza Minelli in the DL. Phil Collins is in good shape, I don’t know why he should be on it. Mikael J Fox should be added. 

Nah, Delon is big enough. Maybe not US big but Europe knows him. Bardot is huge. Phil has these illnesses but I went with the 80's star death trend. Didn't know Fox was that bad now. Google time.

7 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

Nah, Delon is big enough. Maybe not US big but Europe knows him. Bardot is huge. Phil has these illnesses but I went with the 80's star death trend. Didn't know Fox was that bad now. Google time.

I thought Phil Collins just has problems standing to perform and drumming due to back injuries. Although possibly the situation has deteriorated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, La Tombe said:

June Spencer unknown outside the uk

UK deathlist

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neol Edmunds said:

I thought Phil Collins just has problems standing to perform and drumming due to back injuries. Although possibly the situation has deteriorated.

Yeah I didn't think he was close to death but he just looks bad. I know he's 70+ but people start tours at that age. Cher is doing promo of her Christmas song all over Europe, Rod Stewart is touring, Elton is everywhere. Collins is a mystery like Ozzy and Liza Minnelli. They could be in danger of some infection, pneumonia or something.

• Like 2

Louis van Gaal still battling an ‘aggressive’ form of prostate cancer. 73 next year.

1 minute ago, openviews said:

Louis van Gaal still battling an ‘aggressive’ form of prostate cancer. 73 next year.

Sounds like the cancer might be incurable but maybe that type of Prostate cancer take can take a few years to kill. 

On 03/12/2023 at 17:45, Spade_Cooley said:

And the DL's headline could be "TV host is a ghost".

Going by that made me think of Patricia Routledge finally  kicks the bucket  or another one ticked of the Bucket list 

• Like 1

Ray Reardon could be a good pick. He'll be 92 next year.

3 minutes ago, Yama said:

Ray Reardon could be a good pick. He'll be 92 next year.

You wait til December to suggest him?

Ah well, Reardon was always at the end of the cue.

• Haha 5

Not sure if this qualifies as well known compared to some of names on here but Brian Barczyk of Discovery's Venom Hunter more (well known on YouTube has over 5 million followers) has advanced terminal Pancreatic  Cancer, not looking good waiting to go on trial treatment after stopping his chemo as this  wasn't working was given a few months but has already surpassed that.

Also I expect this name as already been mentioned but has to be certain for next year is Johnny Irwin living on borrowed time (currently in my 2023 list)

Don Murray

Jerry Hardin

Bob Newhart

Eva Marie Saint

Gilbert Melville Grosvenor

• Like 1

Denis Law never attended the funeral of his teammate Bobby Charlton last month and has made no public appearances for quite some time. He like Charlton was diagnosed with vascular dementia a year after him, by 2024 it will have been a full 3 years since his diagnosis and he will be 84 at the start of the year. 

• Like 2