Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Think Law should return to DL 2024.Stan Boyle's probably has earned his debut.Late stages of dementia and has lived with it for a decade and spent several years in a care home.

Michael J Fox is another name I can see making DL 2024 and the Drop 40.Clearly very frail and deteriorating  a fair bit now sadly.

A name I would bet good money on making her debut on the Drop 40 next year is Rosalynn Carter. Her, Clint Eastwood and Rupert Murdoch are almost guaranteed to make the Drop 40 next year I would say.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Think Law should return to DL 2024.Stan Boyle's probably has earned his debut.Late stages of dementia and has lived with it for a decade and spent several years in a care home.

Michael J Fox is another name I can see making DL 2024 and the Drop 40.Clearly very frail and deteriorating  a fair bit now sadly.

I think Law will return though I only really like 5-7 returnees and Attenborough, Hurd, Osbourne, Whale, Akihito (we all know they'll pick him again) seem like front runners, then there's Raul Castro, Liza Minelli, Louis Farrakhan, Vanessa Redgrave, Shannen Doherty, Noam Chomsky etc.

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

A name I would bet good money on making her debut on the Drop 40 next year is Rosalynn Carter. Her, Clint Eastwood and Rupert Murdoch are almost guaranteed to make the Drop 40 next year I would say.

Currently only 9 vacant spots for the DP40 imo (10 dead from the 43 this year, plus I expect Randy Jackson and the better Rhod Gilbert to tumble down the list). Clint Eastwood and Michael Tilson Thomas (was already on 20 teams so not far off it) if he survives seem good Drop 40 bets. If you want my "they're nowhere near it right now" outsider tip for Drop 40, Pope Francis. Only on 5 teams in 2023, think he could easily be on 40-50 at least next year from casuals alone. Also wondering about Beckenbauer, but there's no real groundswell of support behind him yet...

Esther might because of wishful thinking (hehehe) and Chickadee might because we're all ambulance chasing ghouls...

• Like 2

I envision roughly 9 returnees (Attenborough, Akihito, Chomsky, Whale, R. Castro, Law, Redgrave, Farrakhan, Doherty).

About time Michael Schumacher gets a debut on the DL, same for Leontyne Price, Michael York and Joan Plowright. Brian Blessed would also be an understandable addition, given his wife's recent death.

Some surprisingly effective 2024 wildcards may be John Prescott, Michael Moriarty, Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump (if he goes next year, won't be natural death though) and Jeremy Clarkson.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, msc said:

I think Law will return though I only really like 5-7 returnees and Attenborough, Hurd, Osbourne, Whale, Akihito (we all know they'll pick him again) seem like front runners, then there's Raul Castro, Liza Minelli, Louis Farrakhan, Vanessa Redgrave, Shannen Doherty, Noam Chomsky etc.

Currently only 9 vacant spots for the DP40 imo (10 dead from the 43 this year, plus I expect Randy Jackson and the better Rhod Gilbert to tumble down the list). Clint Eastwood and Michael Tilson Thomas (was already on 20 teams so not far off it) if he survives seem good Drop 40 bets. If you want my "they're nowhere near it right now" outsider tip for Drop 40, Pope Francis. Only on 5 teams in 2023, think he could easily be on 40-50 at least next year from casuals alone. Also wondering about Beckenbauer, but there's no real groundswell of support behind him yet...

Esther might because of wishful thinking (hehehe) and Chickadee might because we're all ambulance chasing ghouls...

Esther isn't wishful thinking.Stage 4 lung cancer at 83 diagnosed nearly a year ago.She is a shoe inquiry for the top 5 on the Drop 40 and the DL.

Jean Marsh should be considered as a good consideration.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Esther isn't wishful thinking.Stage 4 lung cancer at 83 diagnosed nearly a year ago.She is a shoe inquiry for the top 5 on the Drop 40 and the DL.

I'm aware of that (otherwise if she wasn't I'll I might as well suggest Clarkson though I prefer him tbh). More a case of the severity and prognosis timeline. 

And tbf I was being a git too. :D

• Haha 1

I'm thinking if trump wins the election there will be a revolt from the 49.5 percent who don't vote for him!

Also someone mentioned Clint Eastwood but is there anything other than he'd be 94?

2 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

I'm thinking if trump wins the election there will be a revolt from the 49.5 percent who don't vote for him!

Also someone mentioned Clint Eastwood but is there anything other than he'd be 94?

No but he is an icon at the top of living A Listers and has very nearly made the Drop 40 for the last couple of years in a row.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Clint is also looking very frail these days, and even I would approve of his inclusion on the 2024 DL!

Being extremely bored, I decided to tally up all the votes on each of the Unknown Man's 14 prediction polls for the remaining 27 names on the deathlist. The results from the  14th poll are current as of approximately 45 minutes ago. For the tied votes,  I have listed the name with the most recent votes first.

01. Jimmy Carter 506

02. Joanne Woodward 119
03. Nigel Starmer-Smith 88

04. Henry Kissinger 86

05. Jean-Marie Le Pen 77

06. Shane MacGowan 59

07. Linda Nolan 49

08. Sandy Gall 47

09. Yoko Ono 38

09. Sonny Rollins 38

11. Norman Lear 35

11. Ethel Kennedy 35

11. Dennis Skinner 35

14. Rosalynn Carter 34

15. Jacques Delors 33

16. Bob Newhart 32

17. Joss Ackland 31

17. Norman Tebbit 31

19. Imelda Marcos 28

20. Cleo Laine 26

21. Stanley Baxter 24

22. Dick Van Dyke 23

23. Alan Greenspan 22

24. Pete Murray 20

24. Dick Cheney 20

26. Prunella Scales 13

26. Willie Nelson 13

26. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei 13

26. Desmond Morris 13

30. Hal Linden 12

31. Robert Wagner 11

32. Mel Brooks 10

32. Andy Taylor 10

34. Marianne Faithfull 9

34. Robert Duvall 9

36. Angie Dickinson 8

37. Alan Alda 7

Looking at this list, the one thing that strikes me is how few votes Mel Brooks received. Even though he is not in the top 25, he has to be a shoo-in for next year's list considering his age and condition.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, msc said:

Kate Keltie will drop as well - maybe as far as out of the Drop 40

US 90s talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael just sold her mansion full of her collected artworks:

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/sally-jessy-raphael-is-selling-her-25-acre-estate-in-new-york-for-6-5m/

A downsizing you'd rather avoid but have no choice not to?

• Like 1

The artist Sir Frank Bowling is a few months off ninety despite being in frail health for years. Looking grim on BBC Four this week and that's a few years old now, can't have much longer left.

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

US 90s talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael just sold her mansion full of her collected artworks:

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/sally-jessy-raphael-is-selling-her-25-acre-estate-in-new-york-for-6-5m/

A downsizing you'd rather avoid but have no choice not to?

Sally has kept a fairly low profile since her show ended, but she did give a tribute to Jerry Springer after his death in April. I'm not sure how healthy she is though.

Peter Frampton (English-American guitarist, singer & songwriter) 74 next year and has to perform the guitar sitting down due to health issues. 

Any maiden fans in the house? Just heard the drummer Nikko had a stroke earlier this year which left him unable to do his thing :(so he did recover but relapse is common in your seventies so would be sad but not suprised if he keeled over by December 31, 2024 :bomb:

I think the top 3 should be this. 

1. Jimmy Carter 

2. Henry Kissinger 

3. Rosalynn Carter.

I can’t see those 3 seeing past 2024. 
The Carter’s Will be an exact repeat of the Bush’s.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fridaythe13th said:

I think the top 3 should be this. 

1. Jimmy Carter 

2. Henry Kissinger 

3. Rosalynn Carter.

I can’t see those 3 seeing past 2024. 
The Carter’s Will be an exact repeat of the Bush’s.

I feel like one will totes be lost without the other :(They have got to die together (although Jack and Amy will be twice as devastated)

8 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

I feel like one will totes be lost without the other :(They have got to die together (although Jack and Amy will be twice as devastated)

But not the other two?

6 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

But not the other two?

Jack and Amy are the only ones I can remember by name -_-

• Like 1

On 04/11/2023 at 14:34, Miranda lass said:

I think whatever happens in the next election for the USA: there will be a revolt. 

That country is so divided. 

• Like 2

On 01/11/2023 at 13:19, Drewsky1211 said:

With 2 months left in the year, here's another hypothetical 2024 list of mine:

1. Jimmy Carter (100, Ex US President, 6)

2. Henry Kissinger (101, Diplomat, 2)

3. David Graham (99, Actor, NEW)

4. Glynis Johns (101, Actress, NEW)

5. Nigel Starmer-Smith (80, Rugby Commentator, 5)

6. William Russell (100, Actor, NEW)

7. Jacques Delors (99, French Politician, 11)

8. Alan Greenspan (98, Economist, 4)

9. Mel Brooks (98, Comedian/Director, 10)

10. Rosalynn Carter (97, Ex-FLOTUS, 15)

11. Joanne Woodward (94, Actress, 17)

12. Eva Marie Saint (100, Actress, NEW)

13. Joss Ackland (96, Actor, 21)

14. Stanley Baxter (98, Comedian, 20)

15. Shannen Doherty (53, 90210 Actor, -)

16. Norman Lear (102, TV Producer, 28)

17. Ethel Kennedy (96, Kennedy Family, 18)

18. Sidney Cooke (97, Pedophile/Possible serial killer, NEW)

19. Pete Murray (99, British radio presenter, 36)

20. Roberta Flack (87, Singer, NEW)

21. Jean-Marie Le Pen (96, French Neo-Nazi, 22)

22. James Whale (73, Broadcaster, -)

23. Cleo Laine (97, Jazz Singer, 24)

24. Sandy Gall (97, TV news reporter, 16)

25. Esther Rantzen (84, TV presenter, NEW)

26. Linda Nolan (65, Nolan Sister, 47)

27. David Attenborough (98, Broadcaster and Natural Historian, -)

28. Douglas Hurd (94, Politician, -)

29. Dick Van Dyke (99, Actor, 1)

30. Tom Lehrer (96, Comedic singer, NEW)

31. Desmond Morris (96, Zoologist, 19)

32. Norman Tebbit (93, Politician, 14)

33. Bob Newhart (95, Comedian, 37)

34. Vanessa Redgrave (87, Actress, -)

35. Shane MacGowan (67, Pogue, 50)

36. Noam Chomsky (96, Intellectual, -)

37. Patricia Routledge (95, Actress, NEW)

38. Bruce Willis (69, Actor, NEW) ->

39. Dennis Skinner (92, Politician, 41)

40. Gene Hackman (94, Actor, NEW)

41. Imelda Marcos (95, Former First Lady of the Philippines, 33)

42. James Earl Jones (93, Darth Vader, NEW)

43. Franz Beckenbauer (79, Footballer, NEW)

44. Raul Castro (93, Former Cuban Leader, -)

45. Rex Williams (91, Snooker player, -)

46. Yoko Ono (91, Mrs Lennon, 27)

47. Michael Aspel (91, Presenter, NEW)

48. Sophia Loren (90, Actress, NEW)

49. Rupert Murdoch (93, News Exec, NEW)

50. Clint Eastwood (94, Dirty Harry, NEW)

A solid list. Here are the changes I'd make:

David Graham > June Lockhart

Gene Hackman > Tippi Hedren

Franz Beckenbauer > Denis Law

Raul Castro > Nikolai Ryzhkov

Rex Williams > Louis Farrakhan Charlie Munger

Michael Aspel > Willie Mays 

Sophia Loren > Joyce Randolph

Edited by polar duck
  • Like 1

I think David Attenborough needs to return and be a regular from now on. 

• Like 6

On 06/05/2022 at 01:30, Eastend said:

Sir John Curtice the renowned psephologist looked very ill on the local election coverage . He looked extremely thin and his voice seemed weaker than usual as if he is battling a terminal disease. 

Been looking in Youtube recently and Sir John still looks very gaunt and seems to be speaking from home a lot.

Definitely something up, I'd say.