Surprised she isn`t higher on the list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Surprised she isn`t higher on the list.

She’s less than 90 years old. ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

She’s less than 90 years old. ;)

True but Walters is higher than her on the list.

• Like 1

I never pay any attention to the numbers.

• Like 2

Rantzen discusses euthanasia laws and how she foresees her final hours in recent interview. She’s probably just teasing us.

• Like 3

They were talking about her (and more specifically her time on 'This is Your Life') a lot on Radio 2 this morning, and for a good ten minutes, I thought she really had just pegged it. 

2 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

They were talking about her (and more specifically her time on 'This is Your Life') a lot on Radio 2 this morning, and for a good ten minutes, I thought she really had just pegged it. 

Do you mean when she was the subject of "This is Your Life" (if she ever was?) or her own show which was called "That's Life"?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Do you mean when she was the subject of "This is Your Life" (if she ever was?) or her own show which was called "That's Life"?

Whoops, I meant the second one. I don't like to use the 'it was all before I was born' defence but that's what I'm gonna have to go with. 

8 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Whoops, I meant the second one. I don't like to use the 'it was all before I was born' defence but that's what I'm gonna have to go with. 

I've got news for you, it was before I was born too. ;):lol:

24 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I've got news for you, it was before I was born too. ;):lol:

And our Rover is extremely old. Likes Dido and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TQR said:

And our Rover is extremely old. Likes Dido and everything.

God, my one lasting memory of her is when my dad used to play her music in the car when he took me to infant school. The very earliest music I can even remember is from her and Catatonia (and pretty much every MOR female act from the late nineties). 

As for Esther, I've at least seen clips of her on 'That's Life' in repeats but I've never even seen a single second of 'This Is Your Life' so I don't know why I subconsciously conflate the two.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

God, my one lasting memory of her is when my dad used to play her music in the car when he took me to infant school. The very earliest music I can even remember is from her and Catatonia (and pretty much every MOR female act from the late nineties). 

As for Esther, I've at least seen clips of her on 'That's Life' in repeats but I've never even seen a single second of 'This Is Your Life' so I don't know why I subconsciously conflate the two.  

:old: You're younger than me, which probably means you're younger than 'This is Your Life' too. I only remember the last few years in the late 90s with Michael Aspel. I'm too young for That's Life, I've only seen a few clips - the talking dog for instance and the bit with Nicholas Winton that was in the film 'One Life' last month. Esther Rantzen's usually just been a talking head that pops up on various things in my world.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

:old: You're younger than me, which probably means you're younger than 'This is Your Life' too. I only remember the last few years in the late 90s with Michael Aspel. I'm too young for That's Life, I've only seen a few clips - the talking dog for instance and the bit with Nicholas Winton that was in the film 'One Life' last month. Esther Rantzen's usually just been a talking head that pops up on various things in my world.

We used to watch This Is Your Life in the nineties. Fond memories of Spike Milligan and others on it. Actually one of my strongest childhood TV memories was Rula Lenska being reunited with her ancient mum and then as the credits rolled the BBC announced said "we regret to inform you that since this episode was filmed, Rula Lenskas mother has died". Cue suitable awws from all the family.

• Like 1

Highway/Antiques Roadshow/Last of the Summer Wine/That's Life is like the platonic non-ideal of terrifying "back to school tomorrow" Sunday TV shows for me. Dunno if they were ever all broadcasting at the same day, but it feels like they did.

• Like 4

Although, as has been noted before, for a TV show that featured a morbidly obese nearly dead comedian from 50 years prior wandering about some churches, the Highway theme had no need to bang as hard as it did

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Highway/Antiques Roadshow/Last of the Summer Wine/That's Life is like the platonic non-ideal of terrifying "back to school tomorrow" Sunday TV shows for me. Dunno if they were ever all broadcasting at the same day, but it feels like they did.

The South Bank Show was the one for me. They should have retitled it "School in the Morning".

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Sunday night meant bath, roast and Heartbeat as far as I can remember. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

That's Life and Spitting Image were the last things I got to see before bed on Sunday, Highway was the "fuck I've homework for the morning" moment. Anyone else remember Bygones that was on about lunchtime, or am I just getting on?

I never lived with anyone who watched Highway.

Her daughter is about to be interviewed on Sky News.

So update on how Esther is doing expected.

Drugs keeping the illness from progressing at present. 

Dignitas still on the table as the alternative is just too awful.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Drugs keeping the illness from progressing at present. 

Dignitas still on the table as the alternative is just too awful.

The bad news keeps coming today. Dave from the Hairy Bikers dead, now Esther Rantzen doing OK. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1