6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Iain Dale standing down from LBC to try and run for the Tories in Tunbridge Wells

Oh yeah, if anyone is good at treating pensioners with respect and dignity....

Greg Clark’s constituency. 14.6k majority. Much bigger ones have been overturned in recent times but it’s been Tory since its creation 50 years ago. Would need a lot of tactical voting and a big turnout for him to lose it, if he does indeed get selected. Unless the Tunbridge Wells electorate are LBC listeners, in which case they’ll say “nah, not voting for that PRICK”.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Iain Dale standing down from LBC to try and run for the Tories in Tunbridge Wells

If he gets selected foe the Tories then he should be on the Portilo moment. 

Ditto James Cracknell could be on it - high profile name trying to defend Colchester for the Tories. 

• Facepalm 1

Seems to me that the Tories have managed to piss off:

Teenagers - National Service

Students - cancelling their courses

Workers - freezing the tax allowance limit

Pensioners - worried more about services than their possible 2 quid a week rise, having been taxed right up to now to the hilt.

Would be pensioners - See the WASPI women. Also, when will he rule out raising the pensionable age?

Only people comfortably off seem to be able to afford him.

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

If he gets selected foe the Tories then he should be on the Portilo moment. 

Ditto James Cracknell could be on it - high profile name trying to defend Colchester for the Tories. 

How the fuck can someone who's never even been an MP before be a 'Portillo moment' if they lose? Tit.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Only people comfortably off seem to be able to afford him.

I know lots of moneyed people. Most of them fucking hate the Tories.

• Haha 2

Just now, TQR said:

You are Rachel Reeves, and I claim my five pounds. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You are Rachel Reeves, and I claim my five pounds. :lol:

Busted. Tbh I thought I gave it away when I told Natalie Elphicke to “fuck off” a while ago.

• Haha 1

Usual caveat of "The Only Poll that counts is the one one election day" etc

..  but even still

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TQR said:

How the fuck can someone who's never even been an MP before be a 'Portillo moment' if they lose? Tit.

Because it would still be a big story on the election coverage if a high profile candidate lost.

• Facepalm 2

First TV debate confirmed for 4th June on ITV. Moderated by Julie Etchingham in front of a studio audience. 

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Because it would still be a big story on the election coverage if a high profile candidate lost.

That's not what a "Portillo moment" is though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

First TV debate confirmed for 4th June on ITV. Moderated by Julie Etchingham in front of a studio audience. 

If I've understood it right, head to head as well, not a full party leaders debate. Sunak v Starmer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

If I've understood it right, head to head as well, not a full party leaders debate. Sunak v Starmer.

If they invite more than one, they’ll have to invite them all. Rightly so, too; I can’t wait for Sunak v Starmer v Davey v Denyer v Swinney v ap Iorwerth v Tice v Galloway v Fox v Binface v Howling Laud Hope.

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

If they invite more than one, they’ll have to invite them all. Rightly so, too; I can’t wait for Sunak v Starmer v Davey v Denyer v Swinney v ap Iorwerth v Tice v Galloway v Fox v Binface v Howling Laud Hope.

The SNP and Plaid Cymru are the complicating factors. They really shouldn’t be in national debates. A five party debate is reasonable through. 

IMG_9630.thumb.jpeg.bcd9e7643a4799067506af8cd0bc3ec3.jpeg

Pillock.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

IMG_9630.thumb.jpeg.bcd9e7643a4799067506af8cd0bc3ec3.jpeg

Pillock.

Could be one to watch. It's a 14k Maj. It should be a classically safe Tory seat has been Tory since it's inception in 1974(Patrick Mayhew was the MP from 1974 until 1997) but in this environment and with no incumbent who knows. Would need a big swing though

LD Candidiate is a local councillor too as well AFAIK. LD's have finished 2nd more often than not. (Only 3 times has Lab finished ahead of them)

41 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Could be one to watch. It's a 14k Maj. It should be a classically safe Tory seat has been Tory since it's inception in 1974(Patrick Mayhew was the MP from 1974 until 1997) but in this environment and with no incumbent who knows. Would need a big swing though

LD Candidiate is a local councillor too as well AFAIK. LD's have finished 2nd more often than not. (Only 3 times has Lab finished ahead of them)

Yeah, as I said, tactical voting will be key.

Dispatch his ex-colleague Carol Vorderman to Tunbridge Wells at once!

47 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The Lib Dem candidate is Dr Mike Martin, a war studies' professor who has provided good analysis on the Ukraine situation. More recently he's been focused on the election campaign, but has been very pro-active in the local area so I can see him winning.

Tunbridge Wells does seem to be somewhere for Tory clangers, this is where Sunak was recording making his funding formulas' remarks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Lib Dem’s control the council as well. 

Now Ed Davey is pratting around on a bike.

It's an interesting strategy from the Lib Dems: make the leader look about as professional as Ronald fucking McDonald.