1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Don't get me started on Farage, but, while I understand the need for variety and colour, in the second week of a general election campaign to only have 2 people running for election on the discussion panel seems, to me, to be misguided.

Me and Alistair Campbell on the same page tonight. Something about East Lancs lads. So long as we don't talk football...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

the same page tonight

Same page? It's nearly word for word. You are  Alastair Campbell and I claim my 5 pounds.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Same page? It's nearly word for word. You are  Alastair Campbell and I claim my 5 pounds.

On one hand, that's flattering. On the other...me? A Burnley Bastard? How very dare you! :lol:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Something about East Lancs lads. So long as we don't talk football... 

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

On the other...me? A Burnley Bastard? How very dare you! :lol:

How am I supposed to know the difference in your petty local squabbles over which pigeon is faster or which ferret is the more lithe?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, En Passant said:

How am I supposed to know the difference in your petty local squabbles over which pigeon is faster or which ferret is the more lithe?

Simple: blue-and-white = good, claret-and-blue = bad. And just know that our pigeon is faster and our ferret more lithe. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Taking the fucking piss.

GOw7h_eXQAA3Ta1.jpeg

That must be the most right-wing panel ever gathered for Question Time.

1 minute ago, Sly Ronnie said:

That must be the most right-wing panel ever gathered for Question Time.

Yeah, but there's always next week!

Big news in IDS seat,

Almighty row brewing with the deselections of Lloyd Russell-Moyle, Fazia Shaheen and requested deselection of Apsana Begum. Diane Abbott row ongoing. Not the News at 10 cycle Labour HQ would’ve hoped for on the day that was supposed to be about their plans for the NHS.

If Diane Abbott joins Corbyn in standing as an Independent, do other left wingers currently suffering a purge follow suit? 

Mish Rahman of Labour’s NEC: “Starmer does not care about black or Muslim people”. Still time before candidate deadlines for the boat to be rocked. The view from inside here.

39 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Almighty row brewing with the deselections of Lloyd Russell-Moyle, Fazia Shaheen and requested deselection of Apsana Begum. Diane Abbott row ongoing. Not the News at 10 cycle Labour HQ would’ve hoped for on the day that was supposed to be about their plans for the NHS.

If Diane Abbott joins Corbyn in standing as an Independent, do other left wingers currently suffering a purge follow suit? 

I am not sure they will deselect Begum because that seat is vulnerable to a Mayor Rahman party candidate and the national party won’t want that happening. 

They might but Corbyn and Abbott are the only two who could get near winning.

It’s all a bit of mess and is one reason why I think it be a hung parliament but unsure who will be the largest party. 

Still there is bound to be Tory candidate row at some point. Feels inevitable someone will slip through and make headlines. 

Lloyd Russell-Moyle has confirmed he will not run as an independent. 

• Facepalm 1

VACANT: 650 (+650)

CON: 0 (-345)

LAB: 0 (-206)

LDM: 0 (-15)

GRN: 0 (-1)

REF: 0 (-1)

WPB: 0 (-1)

SNP: 0 (-43)

SF: 0 (-7)

PC: 0 (-3)

SDLP: 0 (-2)

ALB: 0 (-2)

DUP: 0 (-7)

APNI: 0 (-1)

IND: 0 (-15)

SPK: 0 (-1)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh no what absolute bastards.......

Or they could consider what policies might attract a wider demographic to vote for them

A few years ago a statistic was bandied about that the Conservative Party received more money from wills (dead people) than it did from subscriptions from living members

• Like 3

Good to see the Mail have nothing of absolute importance to report on or make an apology about something........

• Like 2

Labour campaign struggling a bit at the moment. Misspoken policies now. And this is during a couple of days where the Tories have been quiet. It needs to improve or my predictoj for hung Parliament will happen. 

• Facepalm 4

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh no what absolute bastards.......

There's a lot of batshit crazy nonsense in there. What an absolute dinosaur. So entitled, this is why the right always win. So adamant of their right to power, while the left is wracked with angst.

• Like 1

I wonder if the purge against the last remaining Corbynistas is so that they have more compliant backbenchers because the majority will be a lot smaller than is predicted?

30 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

I wonder if the purge against the last remaining Corbynistas is so that they have more compliant backbenchers because the majority will be a lot smaller than is predicted?

What purge?

Anyway, let's cross live to the Lib Dems' campaign:

Screenshot_2024-05-30_at_11_58_42.thumb.png.5774b3c574179ba6ba0767e24c6aa543.png

Join us tomorrow when we'll see Ed Davey indoor skydiving, followed by some fire eating in the afternoon and participating in Gladiators over the weekend.

• Haha 1

I think the next series of Baby Reindeer is going to centre around Dan Hodges and his sinister obsession with Angela Rayner.

• Haha 3

rishi bellend.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sunak asked the tough question by someone who lost his mother while Johnson and Sunak partied during COVID. How can we trust you?

His response? Yeah, I protected business and you got to know me through furlough, so sorry about your mum, but yeah, I did a great job.