1 hour ago, TQR said:

IMG_9630.thumb.jpeg.bcd9e7643a4799067506af8cd0bc3ec3.jpeg

Pillock.

This is a slam dunk for a billboard campaign in Tunbridge Wells, surely...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

Now Ed Davey is pratting around on a bike.

It's an interesting strategy from the Lib Dems: make the leader look about as professional as Ronald fucking McDonald.

I actually think that he comes across better doing these things than Rishi and even if he himself ends up looking a bit daft there is a self awareness to it that is completely absent from the Conservative campaign. He has at least managed to get some attention which previously I think he has been struggling with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

If they invite more than one, they’ll have to invite them all. Rightly so, too; I can’t wait for Sunak v Starmer v Davey v Denyer v Swinney v ap Iorwerth v Tice v Galloway v Fox v Binface v Howling Laud Hope.

Not necessary. There'll definitely be at least one that includes Swinney and ap Iorweth, maybe one each in Scotland and Wales? But, as for the others, it will be based on polling. So will contain Sunak/Starmer/Davey/Denyer/Tice (or, knowing him, Farage). Galloway will cry foul from the fringes but one MP elected on a by-election turnout polling next to nothing will not get him in the debates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I actually think that he comes across better doing these things than Rishi and even if he himself ends up looking a bit daft there is a self awareness to it that is completely absent from the Conservative campaign. He has at least managed to get some attention which previously I think he has been struggling with

I think that's the Lib Dems main challenge - getting airtime. And after showing a clip of him "pratting about", Davey usually gets to follow it with a soundbite, which is a win in his book.

• Like 1

One of those opinion word bubble things here from Mumsnet (whoooo?). Predictably Starmer gets fairly positive reviews, with a generous smattering of 'meh'. As for Sunak...

1834344836_Image29-05-2024at14_53.thumb.jpeg.97887a48a6f2d31a16616c5947bb8906.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they're on the fence then? :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, TQR said:

Now Ed Davey is pratting around on a bike.

It's an interesting strategy from the Lib Dems: make the leader look about as professional as Ronald fucking McDonald.

Wonder if he's modelling himself on former Scottish Lib Dems leader Willie Rennie, who was notorious for ridiculous photo ops, e.g. this selection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Wonder if he's modelling himself on former Scottish Lib Dems leader Willie Rennie, who was notorious for ridiculous photo ops, e.g. this selection.

Rennie looks awesome there! Meerkats, Falconry and Supercars are a better look than falling off a paddle board and struggling to cycle down a hill.

Jonathan Gullis and Oliver Dowden realise they were supposed to be on Sunak's sleeper.

YARN | All we need to do is catch up with the train. | Harry Potter and the  Chamber of Secrets (2002) | Video clips by quotes | b81f0cd7 | 紗

• Haha 1

The Greens actually have two leaders btw. Carla Deyner and Adrian Ramsay. Both are standing in target seats so it could be either during debate. It’s also possible the SNP and Plaid Cymru will be presented in debated by their Westminster leaders rather than national leaders.

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Jonathan Gullis and Oliver Dowden realise they were supposed to be on Sunak's sleeper.

YARN | All we need to do is catch up with the train. | Harry Potter and the  Chamber of Secrets (2002) | Video clips by quotes | b81f0cd7 | 紗

Gullis has caught up with it anyway

EUH_TnKWsAE1Ve2.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Below the belt from Guido. They really have it in for Rayner.

I wonder if he swings both ways.

Asking for my roommate. (Hint - I live alone).

• Haha 2

LBC reporting that Jonathan Gullis has been on the campaign trail with a convicted heroin dealer :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TQR said:

LBC reporting that Jonathan Gullis has been on the campaign trail with a convicted heroin dealer :lol:

Lets see it Guido follows that up.......

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Taking the fucking piss.

GOw7h_eXQAA3Ta1.jpeg

Don't get me started on Farage, but, while I understand the need for variety and colour, in the second week of a general election campaign to only have 2 people running for election on the discussion panel seems, to me, to be misguided.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Taking the fucking piss.

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

misguided.

Unbelievable, I know nothing about the bishop of Dover beyond what I can see (which looks like token - black - woman), but I'd much rather they kept religion right out of politics, (we may not have that official separation of Church and State the yanks do but we damn well should have.)

But Farage and Morgan? Oh christ they could fill the Albert Hall with the piss they've taken.

10 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Don't get me started on Farage

Oh go on, I need a laugh and he's a complete cunt.

I'll even start you off, why should we listen to a man who doesn't have time to stand for his own fucking party because he's too busy campaigning for Donald "criminal" Trump in some other country?.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Taking the fucking piss.

GOw7h_eXQAA3Ta1.jpeg

That dolphin that once beat him would be a more representative panel member.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

Oh go on, I need a laugh and he's a complete cunt.

I'll even start you off, why should we listen to a man who doesn't have time to stand for his own fucking party because he's too busy campaigning for Donald "criminal" Trump in some other country?.....

This, also a man who has never held elected office in this country, never passed meaningful legislation in the EU Parliament or made a meaningful contribution (just grandstanding). Who forced a referendum result he had no role in delivering, who has announced on multiple occasions that he was done with politics only to return and who is more interested in electing Republicans in the States than Reformers in the UK. But a day after demanding a head-to-head debate with the Prime Minister, the BBC put him on their premier political discussion show. I love the BBC, but God they make it difficult sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1