5 minutes ago, TQR said:

My neighbouring constituency. Almost certainly a Tory hold; they've got one heck of a majority over Labour and the Greens are fighting it very hard.

Have they got some pondlife lined up to replace Holden in the doomed North West Durham seat?

Not really because North West Durham has been abolished and split up. 48.8% goes to Blaydon and Consett which is Labour held and other bits go to the Tory held seat of Bishop Auckland and the Labour held seats of North Durham and City of Durham. He could have replaced Dehenna Davison in Bishop Auckland who is standing down but chose not to. Labour will probably win Bishop Auckland if they get a majority. 

8 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

NW Durham Seat  abolished in the redraw 

Ah yes, I assumed they'd already transferred Holden to the newly created seat (Blaydon and Consett, upon checking). Liz Twist was Labour's MP for the other half of what that constituency used to be and she's all but guaranteed to win this new one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

Ah yes, I assumed they'd already transferred Holden to the newly created seat (Blaydon and Consett, upon checking). Liz Twist was Labour's MP for the other half of what that constituency used to be and she's all but guaranteed to win this new one.

A fair part of the area moving was probably not his strongest areas either and baring in mind how narrow he won that seat he knew he would never win Blaydon and Consett unless the Tories were going to win 350 seats + again.  

37 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This has been coming since she was deselected. IDS will end up surviving again and Shaheen will blame Labour. Stupid cow.

Fucking good job, Gillian. Everyone else sat on their arse and did nothing. 

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh my god!

Gillian 'Great Fucking Job' Keegan indeed :lol:

The Tories are doomed in Winchester - tiny majority. Looks to be a easy Lib Dem Gain on current polls.

Meanwhile Cameron showed up with Laura Farris in Lambourn and they went on a tour of racing stables.  Warning: corny content.

She's spent a lot of time sucking up to the trainers.

Cameron of course grew up in the locality and his family are still in residence.

Cameron:  "There are lots of candidates standing but we’ve got one person, Laura Farris, who has a track record of supporting Rishi Sunak."

Yeah, that's right, voted with the government every time including letting the water companies pump sewage into the rivers. Now going around the villages that are awash with sewage, pretending to campaign for clean rivers.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Toast said:

Meanwhile Cameron showed up with Laura Farris in Lambourn and they went on a tour of racing stables.  Warning: corny content.

She's spent a lot of time sucking up to the trainers.

Cameron of course grew up in the locality and his family are still in residence.

Cameron:  "There are lots of candidates standing but we’ve got one person, Laura Farris, who has a track record of supporting Rishi Sunak."

Yeah, that's right, voted with the governmment every time including letting the water companies pump sewage into the rivers. Now going around the villages that are awash with sewage, pretending to campaign for clean rivers.

The fact the Tories need to bring in senior politicians to campaign in Newbury is newsworthy - she has a 16k majority.

Sounds very American. 

My understanding is Sunak is also to pledge reducing the cost of a railcard for veterans.

Some of these would be the same veterans who Sunak would have happily let die from the COVID pandemic.

Whether you believe Sunak's promises is another matter, of course. 

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The fact the Tories need to bring in senior politicians to campaign in Newbury is newsworthy - she has a 16k majority.

Well, Cameron's a local boy like I said, but Coutinho was hand-holding in Hungerford the other day, so yes.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

My understanding is Sunak is also to pledge reducing the cost of a railcard for veterans.

Some of these would be the same veterans who Sunak would have happily let die from the COVID pandemic.

Whether you believe Sunak's promises is another matter, of course. 

He can promise absolutely anything , in the confident knowledge that he won't have to do any of it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Well, Cameron's a local boy like I said, but Coutinho was hand-holding in Hungerford the other day, so yes.

He can promise absolutely anything , in the confident knowledge that he won't have to do any of it.

Serious point here, I've heard a couple of commentators say that one strange thing about the election is that the incumbents are campaigning on promises as it they're the opposition and the opposition are being cautious as if they're the government, given the polls that makes sense. 

For all that, it's dragging a wee bit - any chance they could unearth John Prescott now there's milkshakes flying, not sure he'd up his pace and walk away like Nigel

This is pretty poor behaviour. . 

It’s bound to be in the Tory manifesto - will it be in the Labour one? 

31 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This is pretty poor behaviour. . 

Oh what? Ross standing in probably the Tories' safest seat in Scotland? The guy who wanted to concentrate on his job as Tory leader at Holyrood?

It's not just poor behaviour, it's rank self-interest.

• Like 1