Lafaucheuse

Twisted DL 2023-2024

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The race is off ! Rupert Keegan is not a point for anyone, but a miss for 6 teams here

I didn't have him, but don't the various motorsport magazines count as "respectable" sources?  I would have thought Autosport would.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I didn't have him, but don't the various motorsport magazines count as "respectable" sources?  I would have thought Autosport would.

Yes, it’s not a question of qo but of timing he just hasn't had time to make it onto anyone's official list, only sub all the time  :unsure: 

29 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Yes, it’s not a question of qo but of timing he just hasn't had time to make it onto anyone's official list, only sub all the time  :unsure: 

Ah, I see - I misunderstood.

I had Mutombo as well. Well, it's the finish line of the game, still, Janey Godley (of course) please.

Last shoot ! 

Dikembe Mutumbo is a hit for

@Insane : Linda Nolan in and now three subs needed please

gcreptile : Oliviero Toscani in and Janey Godley as third sub

@msc : Dick Taverne in and another sub needed please 

Summer in Transylvania : Steve Mango McMichael in and Janey Godley as third sub 

the game ends on the 15th of October. Still a little time to climb to the top… I suggest you to check your frontpage list in case I missed someone… 

New edition to be announced soon but to debute in November or December, we'll see

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In that case, Janey Godley, thanks!

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Last shoot ! 

the game ends on the 15th of October. Still a little time to climb to the top… I suggest you to check your frontpage list in case I missed someone… 

New edition to be announced soon but to debute in November or December, we'll see

I will be looking forward to being able to participate in the next round.  I understand the need for a break and a breather for you @La Faucheuse this is a busy pool that takes a lot of time and commitment to.

A'hit' for me with Cissy Houston  . That moves Eva Marie Saint into my list from the subs and my new sub is Arthur Scargill  please. 

On 01/10/2024 at 17:31, Lafaucheuse said:

Hi! I had Sven Goran Eriksson image.gif.1b0a32a9a392924741759293cf18d83c.gif (died 26. August 2024). This brings my total to 7.

Looking forward to the new game! Thank you! 

On 01/10/2024 at 16:31, Lafaucheuse said:

I would suggest sooner rather than later, to avoid proximity to the many pools that start in January.

• Like 1

I got Lily Ebert. Ethel Kennedy in and add Janey Godley to the sub bench please.

Also I would prefer new edition to start in November some time to avoid the December rush etc. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Also I would prefer new edition to start in November some time to avoid the December rush etc. Thanks.

I don't see why it shouldn't start sooner.  We could just pick up where we left off.

Everyone is playing with a full deck, as it were, so little time is needed for research.  Just to replace the odd dud in the team.

• Like 2

If there is too much of a gap between games there is a possibility that Twisted DL could miss Carter's and now what seems to be likely Kennedy's death if they both hold off after the 15th.

• Like 3

Also had Ebert,forget to add in more subs on past hits

Doubt these subs will get used,but just in case more hits happen before game ends

sub 1 Nigel Starmer-Smith
sub 2 Janey Godley
sub 3 King Charles

I had Ethel Kennedy.

Add Roberta Flack.

I had Ethel Kennedy...just. So much so I don't know if you acknowledged me adding her in, lol.

Linda Tirado in and Willie Nelson to the sub bench please.

Just heads up I am away Sunday to Wednesday, so if I get any new hits I won't be able to update my sub team.

Today, Tuesday October 15th, is the last day of this game! I am looking forward to the new game! Thanks to @Lafaucheuse for running this! 

• Like 3

LAST RECAP OF THE YEAR…

Targetted ! 

Hassan Nasralla is a solo hit for arghton : Colin Jeavons take the first spot on your list 

-----------------------

Cissysn't anymore !

Cissy Houston is a solo hit for gooseberry crumble : Eva Marie Saint makes it to the final list and Arthur Scargill as third sub

-----------------------

Lily au lit ! 

Lily Ebert is a hit for 

CalebH : Rupert Murdoch in and 

Ladyfiona : Ethel Kennedy in and Janey Godley as third sub 

-----------------------

Deadel Kennedy ! 

Ethel Kennedy is a hit for

deathbyarsenic : Abdoulaye Wade in, José Mujica as sub n°3

insane : you didn't submit the requested 3 subs so no one to replace her, luckily this is the end of the game… 

khthonia : Bruce Willis in 

lilham : Eva Marie Saint in and Robert Flack as new sub 

ladyfiona : close close call here, Lily Elbert dying on the 9th allowed Kennedy to make your list the day before her own death, great timing !! anyway, Willie Nelson on the sub bench and Linda Tirado in 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have a winner here… Congrats to @gcreptile who wins this year twisted deathlist with a total of 16 points !! 

hits being : Roland R. Griffits, Johnny Ruffo, Chris Stone, Shane McGowan, Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin, Charlie Bird, Thomas P. Stafford, Josip Manolic, Frank Field, Rob Burrow, Simon Cowell, Jane McAlevey, Ismail Haniyeh, Paul Harrell and David Graham 

honorable mention to the three who tied for second place : @Book, @Commtech Sio Bibble and @WEP ! 

A little insight about the current rules : no one fell into the obit watch category this year as the qualifying obits are purposely quite numerous and not English-speaking restricted, hence allowing a great variety of picks. That said, to help me in my task of summing-up the hits, I would recommend to check regularly your front page list, or have your own published in the new thread and provide a proper obit when an obscure pick of yours die, I'd greatly appreciate it ! 

The next edition of the game will begin in a week, on the 25th of October, to avoid any famous pick (ahem Carter) to be missed between the edition. Entries are now opened by pm. If you wish to use your current list, you can notify it either on this thread or by pm. For any newcomers, rules are on the first page of this thread and will be summed up in the new one, soon to be created. You can obviously change your current list and send a new one, it's up to you. If I made any mistake, forgetting some hit on the front page lists, please notify it to me and I'll add the related points. The next edition will likely end on the 1st of November 2025, thus being a little more than a year, just because I like round numbers. You can make a list of 4 or 5 subs in case any of your main list picks dies before the game starts but only the top 3 subs will be taken into consideration for the next edition lists. Hope everything is clear.  

Thanks a lot to all of you for participation this year, I hope next year's gonna be as fun :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11

Thank you @Lafaucheuse for running this pool! It has established itself quite well. I also like my collection of hits, between A-listers you could have seen on the DeathList (Shane MacGowan, Frank Field, Johnnie Irwin), personal favourites (Roland Griffiths, Franz Beckenbauer), forum favourites (David Graham, Paul Harrell) - there's also an astronaut and the unnatural hit with Ismail Haniyeh. Thankfully, the obit rules are lax, or another forum favourite, Josip Manolic, might not have scored.

Maybe it does pay off to not just go for cancer people, but have a diverse selection of picks so that there's at least someone "making room" for new people.

• Love 1

If anyone has some has any suggestion to improve the Game next year, feel free to share ! I was thinking at some point to add the bonus points of the DDP (party pooper, solo hit and unnatural deaths) but I doubt it would add anything interesting here

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I was thinking at some point to add the bonus points of the DDP (party pooper, solo hit and unnatural deaths).

Party pooper and unnatural deaths I'm neutral with being implemented. Like you said, it likely wouldn't make much difference.

Solo/unique hits I don't think would work in this pool as the rosters are constantly changing and people could easily steal other players unique picks, either by accident or as a way of sabotage. That's without mentioning the overwhelming advantage that unique bonus points would give players in a pool where it is always one point per hit.

• Like 4