The Daredevil

Shirley MacLaine

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Time to give this 50s, 60s and 70s Hollywood icon, fast approaching 90, her own thread. Famous in her own right, too big for Hollywood Possibilities thread.

Looking worryingly frail here

I would say she looks perfectly fine for someone who's almost live 90 years. I've interacted with many people 90 years old and above who look much worse than that. The fact that she can seemingly still walk without the need for a wheelchair or walker speaks volumes. If anything, probably lower list at best because there are a lot sicker and a lot more frail options that are much more obvious. She's still attending industry events, seems to be still mentally with it, and while the photos claim she's frail, they really don't show much more than what seems to be natural aging instead of something to be particularly concerned about.

Arguably her brother should also be on the list and may deserve his own thread if he doesn't already have one somewhere.

• Like 1

She looks fine.

• Like 3

Genuinely don't think there's a level of frailty in Shirley MacLaine I'd call worrying tbh. 

• Like 2

She does look a little frailer than slightly older Joan Langsford.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

She does look a little frailer than slightly older Joan Langsford.

And quite a bit frailer than no. 31 and older Hollywood legend Angie Dickinson did earlier this year.

• Like 1

She looks great. Some of the ppl on here literally have no perspective of what an average 90 year old looks like. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just saw Shirley Maclaine trending on twitter, briefly panicked oh please no and was relieved to find out it was because of her 90th birthday ...:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

On her ninetieth birthday

Looks better than she did when I made this thread IMO, could still have 3-5 years left.

48 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Doesn’t look too good IMO.

She looks quite spry to me.  Has aged naturally without reaching for the Botox.

• Like 1

What surprise me is how these paparazzis manage to identify those aging celebs. I could pass her by in the street without even noticing it was Shirley. Same for Gene Hackman who looks more like a homeless man than a Hollywood star lately 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Toast said:

She looks quite spry to me.  Has aged naturally without reaching for the Botox.

I think you're being kind for the sake of being kind, which is quite humble but not entirely truthful. She looks pretty bad in those pics. Needs help walking, and the face is the work of decades of heavy drinking and smoking, not just "the lack of botox".

213061349_shirley-maclaine-with-her-brother-warren-beatty-in-1942-v0-yjoze4w5ucdc1.jpegcopy.jpg.36e691770d4e8f439f3a9a8f6211c67f.jpg

I like this photo. Shirley Maclaine with younger brother Warren Beatty in 1942.

Looking online, a lot of people seem to be unaware and shocked to find out that they're siblings. They had quite a rocky relationship, and didn't Maclaine infamously say something really stupid (and a bit creepy) saying that the worst thing about being Warren Beatty's sister was that she couldn't sleep with him? I don't know why I have that stuck in my head. Maybe someone else can clarify what it was she actually said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

213061349_shirley-maclaine-with-her-brother-warren-beatty-in-1942-v0-yjoze4w5ucdc1.jpegcopy.jpg.36e691770d4e8f439f3a9a8f6211c67f.jpg

I like this photo. Shirley Maclaine with younger brother Warren Beatty in 1942.

Looking online, a lot of people seem to be unaware and shocked to find out that they're siblings. They had quite a rocky relationship, and didn't Maclaine infamously say something really stupid (and a bit creepy) saying that the worst thing about being Warren Beatty's sister was that she couldn't sleep with him? I don't know why I have that stuck in my head. Maybe someone else can clarify what it was she actually said.

I listened to a podcast once (Trashy Divorces maybe?) that had an episode about her. She's absolutely bonkers. Properly weird beliefs about past lives, Atlantis, UFOs, etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1