Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

Don Powell might be worth a slot on your theme team (if he qualifies @YoungWillz). From watching the godawful Mike Read show where he's a regular, he's noticeably declining over the last few years with his health issues. 2-3 years left at most imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Don Powell might be worth a slot on your theme team (if he qualifies @YoungWillz). From watching the godawful Mike Read show where he's a regular, he's noticeably declining over the last few years with his health issues. 2-3 years left at most imo.

1989 a veritable desert of tumbleweed for Slade next year, ha!

I've always plumped for Jim Lea, sold off his stage outfits in the past years. But yeah, Powell was drummer, so more likely?

• Like 1

On 25/05/2024 at 21:19, Master Obit said:

I think the committee should consider putting Ruth Langsford's mother on the list. Not only is she a fossil, but the strain of her daughter's marriage breaking down might take a toll on her. 

Did we notice that Ruth Langsford's mum has Alzheimer's?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c62ggr0n7l3o

Edit: Seems to have been known since last month: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ruth-langsfords-incredible-way-honour-33406335

And previously, she was said to have dementia. Okay, not that much of a new development.

Some nonagenarians who have rarely been mentioned on this site, but could be helpful in certain pools:

Tin Moe Wai (1924/1925): Widow of the immortal Tin Oo. Even frailer than her decomposing husband.

Maurice "Hank" Greenberg (1925): Controversial insurance CEO. Looked decrepit in 2019 and hasn't been seen since.

Stephen Limbaugh Sr. (1927): Former US District Judge. Also the uncle of wacky DeathList alum Rush Limbaugh.

Maxine Miller (1928): Actress who made frequent appearances in the early years of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

Claudia Andujar (1931): Legendary photojournalist and advocate for the Yąnomamö people of Brazil. Also a Holocaust survivor.

Jerry Sheindlin (1933): Television judge largely overshadowed by his wife, Judge Judy.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, polar duck said:

Some nonagenarians who have rarely been mentioned on this site, but could be helpful in certain pools:

Tin Moe Wai (1924/1925): Widow of the immortal Tin Oo. Even frailer than her decomposing husband.

Maurice "Hank" Greenberg (1925): Controversial insurance CEO. Looked decrepit in 2019 and hasn't been seen since.

Stephen Limbaugh Sr. (1927): Former US District Judge. Also the uncle of wacky DeathList alum Rush Limbaugh.

Maxine Miller (1928): Actress who made frequent appearances in the early years of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

Claudia Andujar (1931): Legendary photojournalist and advocate for the Yąnomamö people of Brazil. Also a Holocaust survivor.

Jerry Sheindlin (1933): Television judge largely overshadowed by his wife, Judge Judy.

Judy recently talked about Jerry, and says that even at over 90, he's still sharp and takes good care of himself and still has the same physique he had when they first me 48 years ago. Barring any health turns for the worse, he's probably safe for a few more years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jd24fan said:

Judy recently talked about Jerry, and says that even at over 90, he's still sharp and takes good care of himself and still has the same physique he had when they first me 48 years ago. Barring any health turns for the worse, he's probably safe for a few more years.

Yeah I have him on my long list.. With this info looks like he might be staying on my long list and I can put my attention on other candidates

Steve Limbaugh was interviewed in that "out here in deep red Missouri, people aren't impressed by Kamala Harris" article last month, which talked about how, even at 96, he still goes to work at his law firm every day and has no plans to stop (his dad, Rush Limbaugh Sr., only retired from law at 102). I'd bet he becomes a centenarian, with the obvious caveat about not everyone 100 blah blah.

• Like 2

Any thoughts on Sue Nicholls? Or do you peeps expect her to stay for another 3 to 4 years? :unsure:

There is also Thelma Barlow but could end up being queen mother material (in terms of lifespan)

1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

There is also Thelma Barlow but could end up being queen mother material (in terms of lifespan)

It's pleasantly surprising how resilient that generation of Coronation Street actresses have been - Thelma Barlow (born 1929), Eileen Derbyshire (born 1931) and Barbara Knox (born 1933) all still going along with Sue Nicholls (born 1943). You could also add in Ann Reid (born 1935) and Madge Hindle (born 1938) who were both memorably killed off in the show but are still alive. 

• Like 1

On 21/09/2024 at 14:49, polar duck said:

Additionally, Greenberg became a widower after his wife of 74 years, Corinne, passed away this MayLosing someone that close at Greenberg's age surely takes a toll on one's health as well.

10 hours ago, Deathrace said:

It's pleasantly surprising how resilient that generation of Coronation Street actresses have been - Thelma Barlow (born 1929), Eileen Derbyshire (born 1931) and Barbara Knox (born 1933) all still going along with Sue Nicholls (born 1943). You could also add in Ann Reid (born 1935) and Madge Hindle (born 1938) who were both memorably killed off in the show but are still alive. 

I’d also add Amanda Barrie (born 1935) who remains excellent for her age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/07/2024 at 19:03, arghton said:

My thoughts and opinions on a 2025 list:

Add (21):

3. Alain Delon (cancer)

7. Kenneth Cope (perennial COPD sufferer)

11. Sven-Göran Eriksson (pancan)

15. Gena Rowlands (advanced dementia)

19. David Graham (massive stroke, very old, very frail)

This was a very good list, but who would you say should replace the (now deceased) above? Trisha Goddard might be a good shout, as would Yuri Oganessian, although I doubt the committee would ever pick the latter.

3 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

This was a very good list, but who would you say should replace the (now deceased) above? Trisha Goddard might be a good shout, as would Yuri Oganessian, although I doubt the committee would ever pick the latter.

Janey Godley, if she makes it.

52 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Frankie Valli

Don King

Janey Godley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I would say...Jean Marsh (apparently very frail, past health history includes a stroke and a heart attack), Antonia Fraser (last rites almost two years ago, kidney failure and a plethora of ailments), Don King (unspecified illness that required blood transfusions, prior hospitalisations) atleast. I'd also put DVD at Drop #1, lifting him back when one of the 25 dies.

Not sure who else, I might be forgetting many. I doubt Godley will make it. Shatner might be a good bet considering his recent "recovery" from stage IV melanoma, Beenhakker and/or Ditka for the "Return" section as both seem to be in quite poor health.

• Like 1

Do not know if she has been brought up, and I am not saying she is ready for any lists yet, but Nicole Eggert who was on T.V Show Baywatch is battling stage 2 Breast Cancer. Someone maybe to keep an eye on. I hope she can beat it being it is somewhat a lower stage of the cancer but one never knows.  Supposedly she was also friends with Shannen Doherty as well.

On 26/09/2024 at 17:11, Summer in Transylvania said:

Yes I am aware Kenneth could not cope:(

• Confused 1

Simon Case

Probably not next year, but worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 2

How about Leslie Charleston? She can't be in top shape no more because she has had other actors step in to play her character on general hospital :ph34r:

I mean at least I have something to go by for this person you'd have to agree

On 19/12/2022 at 12:52, arghton said:

Major General Niels Holst-Sørensen...

He's as far as I know also the oldest IOC Honorary Member, Shagdarjav Magvan is the second-oldest at 95.

Shagdarjav Magvan, Mongolian former International Olympic Committee member (1977-2007), crook (not uncommon there) and current Honorary Member has been in poor health for a few years, and looks quite bad in this image from a month ago:

magvan.png.a1863ff7c4a933aadae32c73f6514f9d.png

Might be a good pick in Hares and other pools with lower obituary requirements.

Jacquelyn Park, former companion to Jack L. Warner and Cary Grant, and who was impregnated by Ronald Reagan in the 1950s, is still alive aged 98, to my knowledge. She has only been mentioned once before (as Jacqueline Park) hereabouts, back in 2006 on the Albert Hofmann thread.