gcreptile

Deathlist Cup 2024

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, hello and goodbye then ;). Somehow I bet you're not going to Berlin this time, but if you're ever here, we can have a beer.

I will probably have to come to Berlin later in the year to visit my nieces baby but that will be more holiday than work. Currently in Stuttgart but will be travelling around all week.

• Like 2

I note Seiji Ozawa was a hit back on Feb 6th.  Not for me though.

On 09/02/2024 at 09:23, gcreptile said:

Seiji Ozawa has passed the baton for good at the age of 88. The japanese conductor had been suffering from Alzheimer's for a while now and looked very diminished in some final pictures a couple of months ago. He was an eminent conductor after a rugby iinjury to his finger destroyed his dreams of becoming a pianist. He was a lover of 20th century classical music, you know, the weird, difficult kind. Three teams score but the lead changes nowhere (after accounting for tie-breakers).

livingbygrace 0-6 Therewillbedeaths7

Gooseberry Crumble 0-10 Famous6eva

GuyFromFuture 6-3 Liz Lemon

Caleb H 3-6 Bibliogryphon

Dying Probably 0-7 max bossetti

Wormfarmer 3-0 Thatcher

Yorkshire Banker 3-3 DeathByArsenic

The Immortal 0-0 justonecornetto

GreatUncleBulgaria 0-3 Mortal Caso

theoldlady 0-0 Baby Blue

1 hour ago, Wormfarmer said:

Hopefully, my inbox has enough space now - you may submit your teams for March.

• Thanks 3

I do not think I will be needing to, I believe my opponent the great Therewillbedeath7 has his win in the bag. ;)  Yes we have a little over a week yet for the month, but I believe the chances are a little low in my favor.

• Like 2

I put my team in yesterday because it is rare for me to be ahead in one of these ties I thought I might as well get in early. Still might not be needed though

• Like 1

Ok therewillbedeaths7 now you are just showing off with your hit of wilson Fittipaldi.  Can you not have a bit of mercy towards a newbie without crushing ones spirit and soul?  With all seriousness though well done and I wish you luck in your next round.

• Like 2

On 20/02/2024 at 15:23, Bibliogryphon said:

I put my team in yesterday because it is rare for me to be ahead in one of these ties I thought I might as well get in early. Still might not be needed though

Did you already send something to me?

I might not have received it in that case.

43 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Did you already send something to me?

I might not have received it in that case.

I have resent it as a separate message

The previous one was part of the Feb Team message conversation so it might have been deleted

Ah yes, that was it.

So, notice for all: Because I have to clean my inbox for the next round, all 1st round teams have been deleted.

PLEASE always create a new chat for the next round.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

Ok therewillbedeaths7 now you are just showing off with your hit of wilson Fittipaldi.  Can you not have a bit of mercy towards a newbie without crushing ones spirit and soul?  With all seriousness though well done and I wish you luck in your next round.

Thank you @livingbygrace, although I have to asure you it's not over yet! Wilson Fittipaldi wasn't a sure hit at the end of last month in my mind, and there's always the possibility of some unexpected deaths on your team :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Thank you @livingbygrace, although I have to asure you it's not over yet! Wilson Fittipaldi wasn't a sure hit at the end of last month in my mind, and there's always the possibility of some unexpected deaths on your team :)

that would be some come back.. Let's see I either have to have  Jimmy Carter for a my Joker plus 3 others Die because you as well have Jimmy., or 4 of my people that you do not have on your list.  Sure very doable :lol:

Let's update for Wilson Fittipaldi and Irene Camber.

Wilson Fittipaldi was a member of the Fittibaldi racing family. The name rang a bell for me, but I surely don't remember him, because he was active in Formula One in the 70s and scored only three points in 38 races. More importantly, he led the Fittipaldi team - which is probably what I remember. Wilson's son later became the first Nepo Baby of the Formula One championship. Wilson just could never slow down, so he died from eating too fast and choking on a piece of food.

Three teams score. DeathByArsenic turns around their fortunes against Yorkshire Banker. Therewillbedeaths7 probably score the decisive hit.

Irene Camber QOs with this obit: https://www.eurofencing.info/news/efc-mourns-the-loss-of-fencing-legend-irene-camber-n491195.htm though I see now that she also received the Corriere Della Serra obit.

She was a legend of fencing and an Olympian gold medal winner at the Helsinki games in 1952. Caleb H scores a valuable unique hit against Bibliogryphon who might have jinxed himself when he submitted the early team. But there's some time left.

livingbygrace 0-9 Therewillbedeaths7

Caleb H 7-6 Bibliogryphon

Dying Probably 0-7 max bossetti

Wormfarmer 3-0 Thatcher

Yorkshire Banker 3-6 DeathByArsenic

GreatUncleBulgaria 0-6 Mortal Caso

theoldlady 0-0 Baby Blue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Also, I think tomorrow I'll draw the tiebreakers for the 0-0 scores, so that the four players in these two games know whether to submit something, stay tuned.

• Like 3

Alright, coin flip simulator:

https://flipsimu.com/

theoldlady 0-0 Baby Blue

The Immortal and theoldlady are heads, justonecornetto and Baby Blue are tails.

Best of 5 mode.

The Immortal vs. justonecornetto: 2-3

image.thumb.png.d4802c61ab3ae83bc28a842ef6f859e1.png

theoldlady vs. Baby Blue: 3-2

image.thumb.png.d59ede8b9931497056409f96485a10c3.png

So, if the scores remain 0-0, @justonecornetto and @theoldlady will advance.

• Thanks 3

Update for Tep Vong.

He was the chief buddhist of Cambodia in the past decades, survived Pol Pot and restored the Buddhist community after the fall of the regime.

He's a prime example of being the obligatory drol/arghton pick of the month - there's always one of them who scores.

It doesn't change the game a lot though, as previous leaders max bossetti and Death By Arsenic now lead by a little more.

livingbygrace 0-9 Therewillbedeaths7

Caleb H 7-6 Bibliogryphon

Dying Probably 0-10 max bossetti

Wormfarmer 3-0 Thatcher

Yorkshire Banker 3-9 DeathByArsenic

GreatUncleBulgaria 0-6 Mortal Caso

theoldlady 0-0 Baby Blue

The clock is ticking, you have a little more than 50 hours to submit your teams for march.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The clock is ticking, you have a little more than 50 hours to submit your teams for march.

Is the deadline the 28th or the 29th?

9 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

Is the deadline the 28th or the 29th?

End of the month - yeah, I guess that's 24 hours more.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

End of the month - yeah, I guess that's 24 hours more.

My current team of 4 are going to need most of that to find sone hopefully very short term friends to play with.

• Like 4

On 18/02/2024 at 19:42, Wormfarmer said:

therewillbedeaths still waiting for points and a cross off.  
edit: maybe just the cross off

I just submitted my March Cup Team.  Best of luck to Caleb H if he holds on and to Bibliogryphon if he gets a buzzer beater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1