35 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ban him. Ban him. Ban him. Ban him. BAN HIM!!!

No. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Anyway have a graph.

image.png.90b0603d34f0f4843b41e8cad605554b.png

• Like 2

For the record, GB's all time medal hauls at the Olympics

1908 - 146 medals

2016 - 67 medals

2012 - 65 medals

2020 - 64 medals

2024 - 56 medals so far.

So, despite all the near misses, 5th most successful games for Britain AT WORST and not out of the question we could get into the 60s yet again. Such a failure...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I've not asked for it once, I've not engaged with the discussion about it once, but its just beyond a joke. Negative hyperbole at every opportunity.

In the end it's entirely the mods' decision, but if he's not thrown off and people keep quoting him (thus making the 'ignore' function pointless), I'll concede that I'm in the minority in feeling like this and just stop visiting the site. I don't want to see it anymore; if I wanted constant negativity and pure bullshit, I'd rejoin Twitter.

• Like 1

What the hell was going on in 1908? Was China invited?

Just looked into it. It lasted 6 months!

3 minutes ago, msc said:

For the record, GB's all time medal hauls at the Olympics

1908 - 146 medals

2016 - 67 medals

2012 - 65 medals

2020 - 64 medals

2024 - 56 medals so far.

So, despite all the near misses, 5th most successful games for Britain AT WORST and not out of the question we could get into the 60s yet again. Such a failure...

I think the British tend to look at 2012 and 2016 with rose-tinted specs because we hosted in '12 and came 2nd in '16. The masses of silvers and bronzes and 4th places have been agonising at times but by christ Team GB can be proud of the job they've done.

• Like 3

Ahead of France till football finishes   

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

I think the British tend to look at 2012 and 2016 with rose-tinted specs because we hosted in '12 and came 2nd in '16. The masses of silvers and bronzes and 4th places have been agonising at times but by christ Team GB can be proud of the job they've done.

2012 is easier to mythologise too because of events like that Saturday where it was just pissing down British golds in the athletics non-stop.

1 minute ago, msc said:

2012 is easier to mythologise too because of events like that Saturday where it was just pissing down British golds in the athletics non-stop.

I mean, I do remember Super Saturday like it was yesterday. Incredible spectacle, and definitely a stand-out moment.

• Like 1

Great effort - tears in my fucking eye moment  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

I mean, I do remember Super Saturday like it was yesterday. Incredible spectacle, and definitely a stand-out moment.

I was there by the long jump pit with my youngest - top 5 nights of my life

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What a Fucking champion's effort there for KJT. Not quite the gold but wow, to get that close to the greatest all-rounder on the planet is incredible. Really made up for Kat. There's something in my eye.

So close. What a bloody warrior. Thiam knew what she had to do. But KAT'S GOT AN OLYMPIC SILVER MEDAL!!!

Gabby Logan saying how "nobody in the world knows what these heptathletes have gone through". She's sitting next to Jessica Ennis and Denise Lewis, for Fuck sake!

• Haha 4

Gawd, they don't half go on don't they?

I'm sure other stuff is going on they could cover. 

• Facepalm 1

France lost to Spain 5-3 in the football.

Thiam is extraordinary. Three consecutive Olympic golds in the heptathlon is simply unbelievable. One of the all-time great athletes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

There are no rules about quarantining with Covid nowadays. He's certainly not going to withdraw of his own volition (and I wouldn't expect him to) and if you start preventing people from competing with Covid, where do you stop? Flu? A cold?

That said, embracing his opponents (especially his potential relay team-mate, if you particularly espouse teamwork) was a Fucking dick move.

I'm probably biased as I'm still recovering from Covid myself.  It can still be quite a nasty illness.  So I think he was fucking selfish.  But that only confirms my impressions of the cunt.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm probably biased as I'm still recovering from Covid myself.  It can still be quite a nasty illness.  So I think he was fucking selfish.  But that only confirms my impressions of the cunt.

Oh yeah it was selfish. But this is the pinnacle of an athlete's career - you simply don't throw it away unless you absolutely have to.

I have no problem with him competing (although there are questions about whether he should have been allowed). But the hugging of his fellow competitors was really cuntish, especially considering they had more races coming up.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

"His dad built him a climbing wall during lockdown so he could practice." Doesn't sound like he's a council house lad then. :rolleyes:

But tremendous effort, great drama and a 14th gold medal - back level with France, 4 behind the Aussies!

Well done Toby, a fair effort but there’s no need for all that shouting and celebrating, being a good sportsman is all about showing respect for the opponent. Of course, I could have been Olympic champion myself if I hadn’t given it up to help you.

IMG_1916.gif

• Haha 2

Imane Fucking Khelif!! (ALG)

What an awesome run she's had!

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

Imane Fucking Khelif!! (ALG)

What an awesome run she's had!

I’m amazed the Judges didn’t have her lose at some point to take the heat away from the controversy. 

Controversy? What controversy?

:evil2:

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Controversy? What controversy?

Yeah brilliant thanks for quoting the cunt. Thought he had me on ignore but obvs couldn’t help himself. When I leave this site, you can have the KoS games.

Sorry .........

• Like 1