Crispy

Paul Hunter

To the sick F*cks on here!

I was searching Paul Hunter on Google and up comes the DeathList Forum - now at first I assumed it was a website dedicated to placing heartfelt and meaingful comments for the recently deceased - I now see that isn't the idea here at all.

Being a cancer survivor myself at the mere age of 20 I might add, the untimely death of Paul Hunter really hit home with me. At any moment this disease can take one of us - wihtout warning or reason.

For those of you who make fun and pass comment on Paul's passing in a negative way, it is clear that you have neither suffered with or been close to a person who has suffered from cancer. The things Paul had to go through in order to even give himself the chance to see his young daughter be born are things many people would not be able to handle let alone do it all in the limelight of the media and nation - and still put on that brave face, and a big smile.

The battle that Paul fought was for much of the time one sided - some on here may say he was merely postponing the inevitable. How ever true this may be Paul's battle was not in vein - by coming on TV and performing as he did he proved to us all that nothing can break the human spirit when we are dedicated and show true determination.

He is a positive role model to many who are currently fighting the disease, who have fought it and even for those who are lucky enough not to have had to fight it.

I appreciate that many people have a morbid sense of curiosity ( i too have watched the iraq beheadings - why, who knows!) but too post comments on here undermining what Paul has been through and achieved I feel is highly distasteful and misguided.

Cancer is no laughing matter - it affects many millions of people be it directly or indirectly. It might just be you who's the next 1 in 3 - I never thought it would be me!

My heart goes out to Paul and his family - Rest In Peace - Your a Soulja! ;)

Rant over!

Ash Morgan

London

Nice of you to drive by, take the time to sign in and leave us a long post. You old 'Soulja' you.

More boiling blood me thinks.

FYI : I am looking forward to cashing in my own chips. There is enough people up there now to have a good party, Mr Hunter being one.

Saint Peter - I don't think you quite understand.

My blood doesn't boil at what you people write on here - Everyone's entitle to their opinion hence why I posted mine!

Now you may poke fun at my "Soulja" comment but unless you have something really worth saying then maybe you should shut the f*ck up!

You may well be looking forward too "cashing your own chips in" as you so put it - but that only leads me to believe your life on earth is Sh*t, you unlike Paul obviously don't have an attractive wife or a 10month 0ld baby daughter that you want to see grow up.

So Saint go cash your chips in - see how much fun the after life is! No deathlist blogs for you to write on all day!

:dead:

I was searching Paul Hunter on Google and up comes the DeathList Forum - now at first I assumed it was a website dedicated to placing heartfelt and meaingful comments for the recently deceased - I now see that isn't the idea here at all.

Being a cancer survivor myself at the mere age of 20 I might add, the untimely death of Paul Hunter really hit home with me. At any moment this disease can take one of us - wihtout warning or reason.

For those of you who make fun and pass comment on Paul's passing in a negative way, it is clear that you have neither suffered with or been close to a person who has suffered from cancer. The things Paul had to go through in order to even give himself the chance to see his young daughter be born are things many people would not be able to handle let alone do it all in the limelight of the media and nation - and still put on that brave face, and a big smile.

The battle that Paul fought was for much of the time one sided - some on here may say he was merely postponing the inevitable. How ever true this may be Paul's battle was not in vein - by coming on TV and performing as he did he proved to us all that nothing can break the human spirit when we are dedicated and show true determination.

He is a positive role model to many who are currently fighting the disease, who have fought it and even for those who are lucky enough not to have had to fight it.

I appreciate that many people have a morbid sense of curiosity ( i too have watched the iraq beheadings - why, who knows!) but too post comments on here undermining what Paul has been through and achieved I feel is highly distasteful and misguided.

Cancer is no laughing matter - it affects many millions of people be it directly or indirectly. It might just be you who's the next 1 in 3 - I never thought it would be me!

Rant over!

Ash Morgan

London

I take your point Ash. I guess most of us here have had dealings with cancer. I certainly have. I'm happy that you're a survivor (unless you happen to be famous and on my deadpool list in which case, I admit, there is a disinsentive to be cheerful about your continuing good health). That said, I never cheer the demise of any of my picks. It's the precious points I cheer and the satisfaction of getting a prediction right that gives me a momentary frisson of joy). So nobody here has anything against Paul Hunter or his family. We take an interest in people solely for their potential to die within the year because that's the point of the deathlist. This includes people who have long been forgotten by most of the rest of society: Charlie Drake, Richard O'Sullivan and Mollie Sugden, to name but three. But this isn't a fan site or a place for condolences. We don't go beating our breasts in grief which, if you ask me, has become a national obsession. And when we ask about someone's health it is to make a mental note about their survival prospects. There's an honesty in that. Most of us here (there might one or two) are not sick f**ks. A few may be a bit barking but that's true of any family.

That'll be me, then.

Hole in one, to use a simile from another sport.

Being a cancer survivor myself at the mere age of 20 I might add, the untimely death of Paul Hunter really hit home with me.

Allow me to congratulate you with surviving cancer. Let that be a reminder that that disease isn't always the killer it's presented as. It's a shame Paul Hunter wasn't that fortunate.

At any moment this disease can take one of us - wihtout warning or reason.

Cancer often has no reason, but people rarely die from it without warning. I'm well aware of the fact that it may well get me eventually. It's not something I'm looking forward to, but I'm not particularly scared of it either. You gotta go some time and some way.

For those of you who make fun and pass comment on Paul's passing in a negative way, it is clear that you have neither suffered with or been close to a person who has suffered from cancer.

I'm not sure I ought to reply to this, as I don't think I made jokes about PH's illness and death. I've, to my knowledge, never suffered from cancer, but it killed several of my relatives and friends. Considering that cancer will kill some 30 to 50% of the inhabitants of western countries, I think almost everyone here has relatives or friends who died from it.

The things Paul had to go through in order to even give himself the chance to see his young daughter be born are things many people would not be able to handle let alone do it all in the limelight of the media and nation - and still put on that brave face, and a big smile.

I appreciate your admiration. Do you have similar admiration for those thousands of other people who die in comparable circumstances, but who aren't quite as visible in the media? Do you express that admiration in the same way?

regards,

Hein

I take your point Ash. I guess most of us here have had dealings with cancer. I certainly have. I'm happy that you're a survivor (unless you happen to be famous and on my deadpool list in which case, I admit, there is a disinsentive to be cheerful about your continuing good health). That said, I never cheer the demise of any of my picks. It's the precious points I cheer and the satisfaction of getting a prediction right that gives me a momentary frisson of joy). So nobody here has anything against Paul Hunter or his family. We take an interest in people solely for their potential to die within the year because that's the point of the deathlist. This includes people who have long been forgotten by most of the rest of society: Charlie Drake, Richard O'Sullivan and Mollie Sugden, to name but three. But this isn't a fan site or a place for condolences. We don't go beating our breasts in grief which, if you ask me, has become a national obsession. And when we ask about someone's health it is to make a mental note about their survival prospects. There's an honesty in that. Most of us here (there might one or two) are not sick f**ks. A few may be a bit barking but that's true of any family.

Well done Godot. Given that the stats are something along the lines of cancer affecting one in three people, I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't have dealing with cancer.

I'm most interested in your point about the breast beating. I blame, as I'm sure someone has here already, Our Lady of the Underpass, Diana. Before Diana, grieving was done privately. It wasn't a public event. Somehow the frenzied reaction to her death changed things; the visitors we've had who've come 'to pay tribute' are doing something that was once part of a private process. Since Diana, being seen to be 'paying tribute' would seem to be more important than the tribute itself. We've yet to see a post along the lines of "While looking for a website where I could donate money for cancer research, I stumbled across this sick...' No all we've had is "LOOK AT ME, I'M SAD, YOU'RE SICK, I'M GOOD", as if anything less than full public mourning for the departed is somehow leaving oneself open to scorn, the wrath of the righteous, and all that.

My favourite ranter so far has been the idiot with the same name, Paul J Hunter (no relation). I'm glad he added the 'no relation' bit, I'd hate to think he'd found 'The Other Side Internet Cafe and Bar' before anyone I care about.

...but that only leads me to believe your life on earth is Sh*t, you unlike Paul obviously don't have an attractive wife.

However like his wife, we don't have a hansome, successful, 27 year old husband either. ;)

...but that only leads me to believe your life on earth is Sh*t, you unlike Paul obviously don't have an attractive wife.

However like his wife, we don't have a hansome, successful, 27 year old husband either. ;)

An open goal. Windsor doesn't miss chances like that.

Godot,

I appreciate your reply, i am however not famous and therefore am not on your list, thankfully.

I appreciate that the majority of what goes on on this site is like you say a prediction of odds, if you will. I bet on footy, you bet on which celeb croaks it next. Each to there own!

The reason for my rant was more at the jokes that were being gained from another persons misfortune. Now Hein asks the question of do I have the same admiration for other sufferers or is it because of the media that I feel strongly for Paul Hunter. My answer to that is yes I do have the same admiration and feelings for all my fellow cancer sufferers and survivors - i don't however react in the same way and post it on forums as there often isnt a forum for the people I know so discussing it isnt possible. With paul being in the media limelight it makes it possible for people such as ourselves to comment and discuss his passing as we are.

And when we ask about someone's health it is to make a mental note about their survival prospects. There's an honesty in that.

I appreciate that there is an honesty in that and I guess for myself it is just difficult to comprehend what it is about people's health or passing that provides such entertainment for people. Being a survivor of Cancer, and yes Hein I am aware that it isn't the Killer its always made out to be and nor am I scared of it - I must admit I am personally thankful for my experience with Cancer as it has given me a greater outlook on life - and wiser more mature view on things.

I understand most of you on here aren't as I put it Sick F*cks - but please understand my own girlfirend is currently being tested for suspected breast cancer so currently cancer has a even more prominent role in my life, yet again making me somewhat more sensitive to the comments I read on this site!

Please enjoy what's left of 2006 and I hope your predictions come right. My money's on Norman W!

Thanks for entertaining my views, nice to get some remarks that actually make a point as opposed to our pal Saint Peter!

Regards,

Ash

If it's any comfort Flash I went out with a friend tonight and he thought we were "all sad" discussing this stuff too. You are not alone. Thanks for arguing your point rather than simply ranting.

The Paul Hunter controversy has certainly boosted membership, around two dozen

in the last two days.... ;)

The Paul Hunter controversy has certainly boosted membership, around two dozen

in the last two days.... ;)

I noticed that a couple of days ago there were over three hundred users online. Anyone know what caused 370 souls to visit on March 2th?

I might be rememberin' wrong but I think that was when The Sun newspaper last gave this site a bit of free publicity.

Rant over!

Ash Morgan

London

Nice of you to drive by, take the time to sign in and leave us a long post. You old 'Soulja' you.

More boiling blood me thinks.

FYI : I am looking forward to cashing in my own chips. There is enough people up there now to have a good party, Mr Hunter being one.

Saint Peter - I don't think you quite understand.

My blood doesn't boil at what you people write on here - Everyone's entitle to their opinion hence why I posted mine!

Now you may poke fun at my "Soulja" comment but unless you have something really worth saying then maybe you should shut the f*ck up!

You may well be looking forward too "cashing your own chips in" as you so put it - but that only leads me to believe your life on earth is Sh*t, you unlike Paul obviously don't have an attractive wife or a 10month 0ld baby daughter that you want to see grow up.

So Saint go cash your chips in - see how much fun the after life is! No deathlist blogs for you to write on all day!

:dead:

Hi (Ash) Flash,

Unfortunately I went home from work ( I have a life) and missed your post, hence here is my late reply. Funny enough I am back at work now, mouths to feed and that, but never the less stealing from the company. What a c*nt I am.

The phrase "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

Do I have "something really worth saying" or "Thanks for entertaining my views, nice to get some remarks that actually make a point as opposed to our pal Saint Peter"? Well here goes.

Life is but a roll of the dice. Sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down. You can do things to influence the number times you roll the dice. However my belief is that if you roll a triple 6, a triple 1 is just round the corner. If you are rolling 3-4-3, like me, you will be the happiest.

Sounds like you have already rolled a 1-2-1. Now you are rolling higher dice. And I for one are glad you didn't roll the triple 1.

Mr Hunter however rolled his 6-5-6 with all the good things that he had while he was alive.

Another thing. If you believe in the good book, Mr Hunter will have gone onto better things and we should be rejoicing in his passing.

As for me, I enjoy riding my motorcycle and sh*gging my wife of 11 years my junior. Me thinks my triple 1 is soon. But I have enjoyed it so far. Remember, nothing last's forever.

I guess that's me shut the f*ck or the F*ck up then .

REMEMBER LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE!

See y'll at the Gate

SP

p.s I nursed my father while he had cancer, and he didn't manage to avoid the triple 1

Life is but a roll of the dice ... if you roll a triple 6, a triple 1 is just round the corner. If you are rolling 3-4-3, like me, you will be ... sh*gging my wife of 11 years my junior.

I once had some friends who were into their Dungeons & Dragons role-playing stuff. I think they used to use 16- and 20-sided dice. Freaks.

Anyhoo... If a triple-1 gets you to the gate and a 3-4-3 gets you laid, what would a 14-17-12 get you?

Life is but a roll of the dice ... if you roll a triple 6, a triple 1 is just round the corner. If you are rolling 3-4-3, like me, you will be ... sh*gging my wife of 11 years my junior.

I once had some friends who were into their Dungeons & Dragons role-playing stuff. I think they used to use 16- and 20-sided dice. Freaks.

Anyhoo... If a triple-1 gets you to the gate and a 3-4-3 gets you laid, what would a 14-17-12 get you?

Dunno, I can never roll higher. I guess you might get Mr Hunters widow :wheelchair:

Could someone with access to the information tell us where this thread was in terms of hits seven days ago. It's rapidly approaching 50,000 now.

Could someone with access to the information tell us where this thread was in terms of hits seven days ago. It's rapidly approaching 50,000 now.

I am certain that it was around 11,000 just before Paul Hunter died.

A couple more days like this and it will bypass the 75,840+ hits on the Richard O'Sullivan thread :wheelchair:

I play Dungeons and Dragons. With 16 and 20 sided dice. Regularly. :wheelchair:

With my luck, 14-17-12 would be rolled by my DM and will probably get me eaten by an ogre or stuck to the side of a castle by my spiky armor. Or both if I have a particularly psychotic Dungeon Master. Which I do. He's my baby brother.

From worldsnooker.com

Paul Hunter will have the option to rejoin the Tour at No 34 in the official rankings at the start of the 2007/08 season.

If that happens, I'm watching snooker again...

Even Alex Higgins might be able to win a match. :wheelchair:

From worldsnooker.com

Paul Hunter will have the option to rejoin the Tour at No 34 in the official rankings at the start of the 2007/08 season.

If that happens, I'm watching snooker again...

Even Alex Higgins might be able to win a match. :lol:

:wheelchair::):lol:

Totally sad news this last week, that a 27 year old gets taken out with cancer - dreadfull for his friends and family. They can however be very proud that his spirit was so very strong and his will to continue living life to the full was so very evident.

(signature amended below in his honour)

at first I assumed it was a website dedicated to placing heartfelt and meaingful comments for the recently deceased

Funniest thing I've read in weeks :)

Having read the thread shortly after Paul Hunter potted the black for the last time, the thing that struck me was that it wasn't the regular Deathlisters being particularly insensitive but the drive-by ranters spewing up hate and bile in every post. Odd that.

I wonder if there will be a third? Rachel maybe? Or Norman?

Nope, some Aboriginal bod called Richard Hunter who was apparently a Ngarrindjeri elder and South Australian citizen of the year. 60 years old.

October 14; 'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dead pa-aul, hey stop throwing stuff, oh sh*t, sorry, forgot........'

I'll get me coat.