Hello,

I'm here for a pretty long time but never posted before (just passive reader ;) ). I wish to inform you guys and gals, that there is pretty useful Android app that shows recent death names based on Wikipedia: Who Has Died Recently

Cheers!

• Like 1

NYTimes article: The Symptoms of Dying.
"Dying has its own biology and symptoms. It’s a diagnosis in itself. While the weeks and days leading up to death can vary from person to person, the hours before death are similar across the vast majority of human afflictions."
SC

• Like 1

Hormel sees potential new customers for its shelf-stable foods: cancer patients.

The company known for Spam canned meats and Dinty Moore stews is promoting microwavable meals it says cater to people who are going through chemotherapy and are sensitive to certain tastes. Its Vital Cuisine meals, launched last year, are also marketed as delivering the nutrients and convenience people might want if they’re too exhausted to cook or leave the house for food.
SC

• Like 1

The (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration approves the use of a new drug to fight ALS.  Too late for Steve Gleasons of the world, but harder to pick them in the future if even remotely successful.

SC

VERY cool article about some kid in British Columbia who decided to track down the final resting places of all the B.C. premiers in history, only to find one missing.
I promise it's worth the quick read.  "It has the locations of those graves and even the plot numbers should anyone want to retrace his steps."
There's a lot of Sir Creep in this story, and I am guessing a lot of each of you as well, or else why would you be here.  This guy is an honorary member of the site, I so nominate.

SC

On 8/9/2017 at 09:08, Sir Creep said:

The (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration approves the use of a new drug to fight ALS.  Too late for Steve Gleasons of the world, but harder to pick them in the future if even remotely successful.

SC

A man in Pittsburgh is the first to receive the new FDA-approved drug for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).  Rene Fogarty is the first person in the U.S. to get the new drug called Radicava.

Let's see how it goes.  I honestly DO hope for the best, so we  (deadpoolers) can consider hearing someone got ALS about the same as they were diagnosed as diabetic -- virtually meaningless.
SC

A brief but informative article about brain cancer (Glioblastoma) and statistical data.  Most useful thing here is "the average survival time from diagnosis is 14 months with treatment."
Keep that in mind when considering old man John McCain, etc., for 2018.
SC

• Thanks 1

All very noble, but, isn't that kinda the point of the forum? Or is reddit something else?

5 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

I found a news article about this website on CNN Chile...

http://www.cnnchile.com/noticia/2017/09/21/deathlist-ya-son-once-los-aciertos-en-este-2017

Next time post here. Oh, and this isn't the first time that particular site mentioned us... 

Ah, CNN Chile, the poor relation of Voodoo Chile...

20 hours ago, Toast said:

Ah!  This is the same lady as in my Y/T link a couple of posts above.

True! Maybe she's a regular around here...maybe she is you?

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

True! Maybe she's a regular around here...maybe she is you?

No!  She is American. 

One of the most heart-warming stories in video games this year was the discovery in September that the Nintendo Switch console contained a secret tribute to the beloved Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata, who died in 2015 at the age of 55. But Nintendo doesn’t want to talk about it, and it’s not clear why.
SC