Well, there's the slight flaw there: 115 might be the average final barrier, but the fact there are outliers above it (like Emma Morano and Ms Calment) does sort of suggest its a surpass-able barrier, and not a ceiling. There was also Sarah Knauss, I believe she got to 120.

Some kind chap advised that i rarely need to make new threads so I thought this was appropriate to say in this thread.

Does anyone care to enter their details on deathclock website and share here what it says. Thought it would be bit of good fun?

For those who don't know, it just asks a few simple questions about yourself and gives you a date of death in the future

My proposed death date

Saturday, February 1, 2042

Some kind chap advised that i rarely need to make new threads so I thought this was appropriate to say in this thread.

Does anyone care to enter their details on deathclock website and share here what it says. Thought it would be bit of good fun?

For those who don't know, it just asks a few simple questions about yourself and gives you a date of death in the future

My proposed death date

We have a thread for that too.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2105-predict-your-own-death/

• Like 2

My proposed death date

You keep posting shite and i will bring it forwards by 25 years!!

• Like 3

Genuine L O L :D

I'm doing my little bit to curate an extensive Death List. It's an eye opener as to the sort of notable person we should be looking out for.

http://www.teamdeath.tumblr.com

:crossbone: Like it

I'm a little perturbed, though, by this: "Animals are under someone else’s dominion"

Not keen on a "heaven" without my pets dog_and_smiley.gif

• Like 2

Whilst athiest, the idea of an afterlife which is over run with a few billion gerbils does raise a smile.

• Like 2

Heaven wouldn't be worthwhile if I couldn't revisit my old guinea pigs - every guinea pig I've known, my own or otherwise, has been a class act.

• Like 4

Hey, I've known rodents I was far fonder of than my in-laws.

• Like 4

I'm doing my little bit to curate an extensive Death List. It's an eye opener as to the sort of notable person we should be looking out for.

http://www.teamdeath.tumblr.com

:crossbone: Like it

I'm a little perturbed, though, by this: "Animals are under someone else’s dominion"

Not keen on a "heaven" without my pets dog_and_smiley.gif

Rest assured, the movie "All Good Dogs Go To Heaven" wasn't lying. Cats make it there too. It's just down to another department to round them up and process them. Quarantine control is still an issue in the afterlife.

• Like 3

Whilst athiest, the idea of an afterlife which is over run with a few billion gerbils does raise a smile.

It's the reason God made the universe ever-expanding, so we never get overcrowding because of tiny pets up there.

• Like 2

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, “Excuse me, where are we?”

“This is Heaven, sir,” the man answered.

“Wow!” said the man. “Would you happen to have some water?”
“Of course, sir. Come in, and I’ll have some iced water brought up.”

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
“Can my dog come in, too?” asked the traveller.
“I”m sorry, sir, but we don’t accept pets.”

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a track leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

“Excuse me!” he called to the man. “Do you have any water?”
“Yes, there’s a pump over there, come on in.”
“How about my friend here?” The traveller gestured to the dog.
“There’s a bowl by the pump.”

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. Then he and the dog walked back towards the man who was standing by the tree.

“What do you call this place?” asked the traveller.
“This is Heaven,” he answered.
“Well, that’s confusing,” said the traveller. “The man down the road said that was Heaven, too …”
“Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? No. That’s Hell.”
“Doesn’t it make you angry for them to use your name like that?”
“No, we’re just happy that they screen out the people who would leave their best friends behind.”

• Like 6

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them...

“What do you call this place?” asked the traveller.

“This is Heaven,” he answered.

“Well, that’s confusing,” said the traveller. “The man down the road said that was Heaven, too …”

“Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? No. That’s Hell.”

“Doesn’t it make you angry for them to use your name like that?”

“No, we’re just happy that they screen out the people who would leave their best friends behind.”

That was a lovely fable, and far more palatable than a similar one I usually tell that involves a pint of beer, a lady of the night, a few baubles.

• Like 1

Go on then ....devil_smiley_019.gif

Go on then ....devil_smiley_019.gif

I can't. No one likes an obtuse new guy. I should just be blending into the background.

• Like 2

Wait, so the dog had to hang around until the master died?

Just being obtuse...

Just being obtuse...

That's what a lot of people like to think. They all wait at a place called the Rainbow Bridge

• Like 3

Just being obtuse...

I've got a feeling you and I are going to get along rather well.

• Like 1

Just being obtuse...

What struck me was he took the water first.....prick...

**the guy, not YW....

That was the plot of a Roald Dahl.

Interesting programme on Cuba and cancer treatment for late stage lung cancer etc http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zvqyt