Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

18 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

So they are saying that he doesn't wake up every day any more-  when my Dad got to that point, he only lasted a couple of weeks, tops- keep an eye out, Jimmy Carter is not long for this world

My family knew a doctor who had several elderly patients who wouldn't wake up for years at a time. Think he was called Doctor Shipman, long since dead but would have been able to stop Jimmy Carter having such a fragile existence if he were around.

• Like 1

Page 110, now this thread is supercentenarian.

• Haha 13

On 17/06/2024 at 10:56, odeon said:

Can he last 106 more days for the century mark?

Can he last 105 more days for the century mark. 

BTW here's an idea to make this more fun. Who ever posts this question on the day Jimmy Carter ends up dying has to drink milk from a shoe.

• Haha 1

Can I have 104 rounds from the armoury please?

1 for each of the people who continue this countdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

drink milk for a shoe.

Not much of a reward for drinking milk, imo

7 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Can he last 105 more days for the century mark. 

BTW here's an idea to make this more fun. Who ever posts this question on the day Jimmy Carter ends up dying has to drink milk from a shoe.

What a great idea! To make this even more interesting: every participant in this bet should already store the milk in said shoe today

One thing which may be keeping Jimmy going is that he has a new girlfriend. Even with a long happy marriage it is not uncommon for a widow or widower to find love again.   This may sound far fetched at this point but there is no limit to the human heart’s ability to love and want companionship. I’m sure it has extended many lives.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, EDMUND901 said:

One thing which may be keeping Jimmy going is that he has a new girlfriend. 

Reminds me of something Harry Hill wrote about in his tribute to Sean Lock. He rang Sean when he heard he was in a hospice and asked what the hospice is like. Sean replied "Yeah, it's okay. And the sex is amazing."

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

Reminds me of something Harry Hill wrote about in his tribute to Sean Lock. He rang Sean when he heard he was in a hospice and asked what the hospice is like. Sean replied "Yeah, it's okay. And the sex is amazing."

We misunderstood Jason Carter. When he said his grandpa sleeps all day, he dropped out a key word. He meant to say, he sleeps AROUND all day. Good old Jimmy is too busy with that to have time to visit the kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/06/2024 at 17:09, Joltin Joe said:

We misunderstood Jason Carter. When he said his grandpa sleeps all day, he dropped out a key word. He meant to say, he sleeps AROUND all day. Good old Jimmy is too busy with that to have time to visit the kids.

Jason's 50 in August.

22 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Jason's 50 in August.

But will he make it to 100? Let's have a countdown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Jason's 50 in August.

His 50 what?

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I remember when I attended Carter's Sunday School class several years ago.  According to his grandson it is difficult to understand Jimmy's speech now but with technology he could type the words for the lesson into a computer and it could be projected onto a screen and voice simulated.  He is such a bible scholar it would be as inspirational as ever even if he only did it once every couple of months.

2 hours ago, EDMUND901 said:

I remember when I attended Carter's Sunday School class several years ago.  According to his grandson it is difficult to understand Jimmy's speech now but with technology he could type the words for the lesson into a computer and it could be projected onto a screen and voice simulated.  He is such a bible scholar it would be as inspirational as ever even if he only did it once every couple of months.

Like Stephen Hawking?

4 hours ago, EDMUND901 said:

Assuming he can move enough to do that. Or is physically capable of moving outside of his house.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mymango said:

Has been "sleeping or resting" since March, when he was wheeled outside for the last time.

There’s a paywall on the article, but what do you mean he’s been sleeping since March. He’s gone into hibernation mode or is it just reiterating when his grandson said some days he’s awake some days he’s not?

1 minute ago, RetroGamer47 said:

There’s a paywall on the article, but what do you mean he’s been sleeping since March. He’s gone into hibernation mode or is it just reiterating when his grandson said some days he’s awake some days he’s not?

For several years he has not been able to walk, and the last time he went outside his home in Plains, Ga., was when he was wheeled into his backyard on Easter Sunday in March.

More recently, Carter has been sleeping or resting for much of the time, sometimes in a favorite recliner in the living room.

archive.today link

Gosh, that's very low comprehension of the text there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

Gosh, that's very low comprehension of the text there.

Enlighten me?

6 hours ago, mymango said:

Enlighten me?

Easier said than done. You may be impervious. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Easier said than done. You may be impervious. 

Try me.

i sometimes forget mango exists and whenever i indulge it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. just like the real fruit.

10 minutes ago, jimbean1121 said:

i sometimes forget mango exists and whenever i indulge it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. just like the real fruit.

Same tbh

Mangoes are beautiful, silky and not bitter at all. Best at room temperature. I could eat them endlessly.

(It's page 110 of the Jimmy Carter thread, STFU)

• Haha 1