Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

9 minutes ago, Joltin Joe said:

I got a screenshot from the memorial livestream. He's as pale as a ghost.

Screenshot_20231128-102922_YouTube.jpg

I'm watching that too- more than pale, he looks like he is at death's door! Not even sure if he is conscious. I will not be surprised if he dies before the week is out!  I strongly recommend that if he is still alive on January 1st, you make him number one on the list- but I don't expect it!

• Like 2

He looks so terrible I had to question myself if it was indeed Jimmy Carter in the photos.

Also side note - is there a photo of him available from the service where his mouth is closed? It seems to be quite wide open in all the photos and videos I've seen of him at the event.

11 minutes ago, mymango said:
image.png.7beb14b9ca6003da427edf212ced2e64.pngimage.png.68e32776655a2067a0b4a2e04eb19291.pngimage.png.1027f83312a863ed3251a14fab76f16f.pngimage.png.dbaa446170e069401230bf817232e3bc.pngimage.png.17c1d92680747e799a1fe7e0f2df2e24.png

Yeah, the hospice throne didn't do his body any favors.

• Like 1

Never mind Christmas, I'll be shocked if he sees Sunday here.

• Like 4

He looked godawful a few months back when he and Rosalynn went on that parade ride.

Compared to today, him in the car pic looks AMAZING.

• Like 10

He looks dead already. Certainly not long now 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I mean...if he makes it...he's going to be the most popular deadpool pick ever in 2024.

Why do I have an awful feeling that the committee will place Dick Van Dyke above Carter on the list if he makes it to 2024.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I do agree he looks half-dead already. I’m standing my ground and say he’ll reach 2024 though even if I began to doubt it…

• Like 1

This is literally the most decayed ive seen someone on this forum since that Vietnamese(?) communist who's face they had to pixelate for his 105th birthday or something because he was so rotten.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

He looked godawful a few months back when he and Rosalynn went on that parade ride.

Compared to today, him in the car pic looks AMAZING.

I had the same thought.

I wonder whether Rosalynn still looks better than Jimmy even now.Seems a realistic possibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

This is literally the most decayed ive seen someone on this forum since that Vietnamese(?) communist who's face they had to pixelate for his 105th birthday or something because he was so rotten.

Who ?

• Like 1

On a side note : quite a remarkable moment to witness a 99yo man, 10 month in hospice care attend his own wife Memorial in such a mediocre condition. Their love and his strengh are quite impressive. To show yourself in such a weak state takes strengh and resilience that, I think, only his love for Rosalynn can explain.

• Like 19

36 minutes ago, mymango said:
image.png.7beb14b9ca6003da427edf212ced2e64.pngimage.png.68e32776655a2067a0b4a2e04eb19291.pngimage.png.1027f83312a863ed3251a14fab76f16f.pngimage.png.dbaa446170e069401230bf817232e3bc.pngimage.png.17c1d92680747e799a1fe7e0f2df2e24.png

Looking at those photos I noticed two things. His lips are extremely pale and I can see a purplish tint which indicates he isn't getting enough oxygen. Also his mouth is gaping open in all the photos. This means he really has to labour his breaths to get oxygen. Not a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me if his doctors advised him not to go and he ignored them. I dunno why there isn't an oxygen tank with him

• Like 4

I found a close-up video on Twitter. His eyes are closed and he honestly looks like he is ready to go...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Why do I have an awful feeling that the committee will place Dick Van Dyke above Carter on the list if he makes it to 2024.

That pick as number one always confused me considering that Dick continues to work, and has a recent history of strenuous physical activity and otherwise being active, unlike most other people on the list. Including for obvious reasons Jimmy Carter. Arguably in his condition Dick shouldn't have been on the list at all, and someone like Carter should have been number one...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Looking at those photos I noticed two things. His lips are extremely pale and I can see a purplish tint which indicates he isn't getting enough oxygen. Also his mouth is gaping open in all the photos. This means he really has to labour his breaths to get oxygen. Not a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me if his doctors advised him not to go and he ignored them. I dunno why there isn't an oxygen tank with him

In his condition  ( hospice quite possibly on end of life at this point quite possibly) the only purpose clinically for oxygen is for comfort therefore if he isn't distressed there wouldn't be a medical need to prescribe it. Due to the stress of the situation and the cold weather and the fact he is being moved around I am surprised it wasn't prescribed for comfort though.

• Like 3

Looks like my prediction that this would be another James Callaghan situation ( attends wife's funeral  then dies shortly after)  may well prove accurate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mymango said:

OMG !!! So sad to see him in these condition…he is at the Death doors as never before…maybe he will reach New Year Day but at these point, the best for him is to join his wife quickly ! 

• Like 3

It's obvious Jimmy is near the end looking at him. I'm sure the recent loss of the love of his life is taking an even bigger toll. To be married for 77 years is remarkable in and of itself. I can take comfort in the fact that they'll be reunited soon enough. He's had a very long life, and has touched so many lives in 99 years. He's earned his reward for eternity. I hope they're at least keeping him comfortable in his last days. God bless Jimmy Carter. He may not be the best president, but probably the classiest person to ever hold the office, and I'm not sure if any other president will come close.

• Like 6

Contrary to most of what is being said here, i think he looks better than most people still would at 99, however there has clearly been a massive deterioration in the last year. Can we also mention how terrible Bill Clinton looks, I'd say he only has a few more years in him!

Edited by Craigerz
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

On a side note : quite a remarkable moment to witness a 99yo man, 10 month in hospice care attend his own wife Memorial in such a mediocre condition. Their love and his strengh are quite impressive. To show yourself in such a weak state takes strengh and resilience that, I think, only his love for Rosalynn can explain.

He is indeed impressive ! Jimmy and Rosalyn maybe were not the most best president and First Lady at their time in office but they were perhaps, the most humble, loyal, down to earth presidential couple in the US history ! 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:
34 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Who ?

Nguyễn Côn:

Spoiler

nguyencon.jpg.33141b93e4db750b1a179f93b2d4ba40.jpg

Although he did somehow last three more months after this was taken.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Comped said:

He looks so terrible I had to question myself if it was indeed Jimmy Carter in the photos.

Also side note - is there a photo of him available from the service where his mouth is closed? It seems to be quite wide open in all the photos and videos I've seen of him at the event.

He is oxygen starved- he wanted to be there to support Rosalynn and now that she is gone he has no reason to stay- he will be gone very soon

• Like 2