Mr Stats

World's Oldest

After Kane Tanaka's death, Irene Dunham enters the Top 10 oldest living people.

She survived the Bath School Bombing of 1927, because on that day she was ill and hadn't gone to the school.

• Like 8

I'd say that Lucile seems quite strong. Not ill, of course she's been wheelchairbound for around a decade now but it doesn't seem like her health has declined a lot during the last years.

Kane needed a nasal cannula at the age Lucile is now. Of course death can happen any day at her age but I'd say Lucile is in better health than Kane was at her age. 

On 10/04/2022 at 00:07, arghton said:

Might take a long time for a man to reach 117

It could take a long, long time. JVPM, the oldest living man, has over four years to 117 and they tend to just die more suddenly than the women, usually at 112. There's currently a group of 12 geezers born in 1910 left, of course it'll probably be six times smaller this time next year but one can only hope. 

There's also the 12-person 1911 cohort of men, probably one of the most interesting people from it being "Anonymous of Ireland", a 110-year-old who is the first Irish male supercentenarian, first Irish supercentenarian since 2003 and excluding emigrants, the fourth-oldest Irish person ever. And also the second-oldest man in Europe. 

• Like 5

On 25/04/2022 at 15:42, arghton said:

Report from today says that she's bedridden and "can't talk much", but nodded when someone said that she's the oldest person in Japan now.

fusatatsumi.png.8f7bcce4451b1739a97b4b275274ec20.png

Apparently this is a new? picture, looks a bit better than she did last year.

Here's what Robert Young said today:

If we are saying that Kane did not reach the maximum level of deterioration, I agree with that. Indeed, she was even on April 13 more functional than Fusa Tatsumi at her 115th birthday.

And well, here's a new picture from Fusa Tatsumi's 115th birthday celebration, apparently yesterday:

fusatatsumi.png.b2bf35fc74c6bd92d964ed250e671ee5.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arghton said:

If we are saying that Kane did not reach the maximum level of deterioration, I agree with that. Indeed, she was even on April 13 more functional than Fusa Tatsumi at her 115th birthday.

And well, here's a new picture from Fusa Tatsumi's 115th birthday celebration, apparently yesterday:

Yeah she’s dying soon..

2 hours ago, arghton said:

To be fair, I have looked like that after a few birthday celebrations in the past :dead3: (minus the cuddly toys):(

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, arghton said:

:pop:

• Like 1

If still alive, Anonymous of Hyogo turns 115 today (62nd validated person to do so). She is just 4 days younger than Fusa Tatsumi.

• Like 2

Public apology to @Hanzem and @Deadboy.

I facepalmed their posts when they called Kane Tanaka the "2nd oldest person" ever. Here I was thinking, "huh, she was only the 3rd oldest person ever, so I guess they are buying into the Jeanne Calment/daughter swap conspiracy theory". Only, I completely missed that she ACTUALLY surpassed Sarah Knauss. I'm sorry....

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Public apology to @Hanzem and @Deadboy.

I facepalmed their posts when they called Kane Tanaka the "2nd oldest person" ever. Here I was thinking, "huh, she was only the 3rd oldest person ever, so I guess they are buying into the Jeanne Calment/daughter swap conspiracy theory". Only, I completely missed that she ACTUALLY surpassed Sarah Knauss. I'm sorry....

Glad to have that cleared up as I was really confused over that. I thought you were just really finicky about people not using the word "verified" as I had no idea what else it could be!

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 20:12, Hanzem said:

After Kane Tanaka's death, Irene Dunham enters the Top 10 oldest living people.

She survived the Bath School Bombing of 1927, because on that day she was ill and hadn't gone to the school.

Irene Dunham dead at the age of 114.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

RIP. She looked like the most healthy member of the top 10.

A video for Irene Dunham from when she was 107

• Like 2

Lucile Randon yesterday, with a python:

lucilerandon.thumb.png.9ff67ec53ffd233844e46ea24fbdfe49.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, arghton said:

Surprised at her age taking up the old snake and stripper act...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, arghton said:

She honestly doesn't even look bad for 118 she looks like she's in her 80's or 90's

20 hours ago, Insane said:

She honestly doesn't even look bad for 118 she looks like she's in her 80's or 90's

She does look amazing for her age. Ofc she can go anytime but I think she has good chances of surpassing Tanaka’s age : does anyone remember how Kane looked at 118 and 3 months 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She does look amazing for her age. Ofc she can anytime but I think she has good chances of surpassing Tanaka’s age : does anyone remember how Kane looked at 118 and 3 months 

Kane_April_2021.jpg.76e51fec7b982ed959589b774d87c9b5.jpg

5 hours ago, Hanzem said:

Kane_April_2021.jpg.76e51fec7b982ed959589b774d87c9b5.jpg

Yeah Randon has a good chance of passing her

Italy's oldest person Angel Tiraboschi dead at 112.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

On 18/01/2022 at 13:54, Sideik said:

According to Wikipedia the oldest woman alive in Italy seems to be Caterina Abate, 20 days younger than Delio

On 18/01/2022 at 13:56, drol said:

Abate has Italian origins, but she is American.

Catherine Abate apparently dead at the age of 112:

https://lombardofuneralhome.com/tribute/details/19109/Catherine-Abate/obituary.html

Died yesterday. The same day as Angela Tiraboschi.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Robert Young said these deaths tend to come in bunches.

That is three deaths now in less than a month within the Top 10. Adding in the other 110+ deaths....

Will this match January?

• Like 1