Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest Nathan

How about Henry Allingham, Britains oldest living man, turned 110 a couple of months ago. Could be worth a shout (I really hope not though)

Although he is very well as I actually know him personally as I work at his care home. Top guy as well.

How about Henry Allingham, Britains oldest living man, turned 110 a couple of months ago. Could be worth a shout (I really hope not though)

Although he is very well as I actually know him personally as I work at his care home. Top guy as well.

If he dies in mysterious circumstances on his birthday, questions are sure to be asked. :(

Nathan man

He might be really well but he's - like - 110. I mean, there's strong winds forecast, surely too close to a window in those conditions is life threatening at his age.

Speaking of the UK's oldest, is there a web site or other definitive source of a list? I got an e-mail suggesting one of the UK's oldest women is no more, and wanted to check against this.

Speaking of the UK's oldest, is there a web site or other definitive source of a list? I got an e-mail suggesting one of the UK's oldest women is no more, and wanted to check against this.

Yes, and it's been listed on this site before MPFC.

But to save you the piffling hassle of doing a search:-

http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM

Apologies, I wasn't clear enough. I meant, is there a site dedicated to UK residents over 100? I was trying to authenticate the death of a 106 year old UK woman. Mebbe 106 isn't special enough to qualify for such listings.

Frustrating mind, when I put my theme team into the CPDP I only went with the three oldest, the third of whom was Canadian, older than Tillman, but never held the title. I debated putting in Tillman, then the fourth oldest, but thought the top three were enough.

surprise, surprise, the world's oldest person just died again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Tillman

We need a graphic of a smiley face sleeping for these sorts of news stories.

At the rate they've all been dropping the past 6 months, I wonder if by the end of the year Henry Allingham will briefly become the world's oldest.

At this rate there won't be any oldest people left.

surprise, surprise, the world's oldest person just died again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Tillman

We need a graphic of a smiley face sleeping for these sorts of news stories.

Will this do?

HBflp2Ze_Pxgen_r_304xA.jpg

Emma Tillman - formerly the oldest person in the world.

Bloody hell, they're dropping like flies.

Bloody hell, they're dropping like flies.

Maybe it is an inside job - a worldaide assassin going round bumping them off so his granny can get the crown. Either that or it has been a slow month for Guinness and their employees fearing redundancy have gone round assassinating.

Meet her successor.

Tone.jpg

Is there actually any proper source for this latest one, or are we relying on Wikipedia........

Is there actually any proper source for this latest one, or are we relying on Wikipedia........

The Beeb have the report online

Blimey - they could've taken a picture of her before she died.

Guest Shuffler

Are they overdoing the celebrations or something?

Being the pedant that I am, according to the article the new champion is 124 years old! ;)

Being the pedant that I am, according to the article the new champion is 124 years old! :)

Well spotted CP. That might have been the surprise for Maria Esther de Capovilla that finished her off last year ;) I've emailed the beeb to get them to correct the error.

Quite a few people die shortly after their 100th birthday (e.g. Bob Hope and that woman the other day who died on her 100th birthday ). It's as though they use up all their energy getting there, then just run out of steam. Maybe it's the same for the world's oldest person.

Mind you, judging from the photos, I reckon some of them have been dead for years & have been embalmed.

Emma Tillman had the shortest ever reign as the world's oldest person.

From the link above, relating to the new oldest person:

Ms Minagawa was not available for comment because she had already gone to sleep......

:party::):)

Were they slipping a pun into that line or what?

• Like 1