Mr Stats

World's Oldest

My favourite:

His predecessor, Elizabeth Bolden, a 116-year-old from Tennessee, had managed to cling to the title for an impressive three months.

They are soft targets alright..

• Like 1

My favourite:

His predecessor, Elizabeth Bolden, a 116-year-old from Tennessee, had managed to cling to the title for an impressive three months.

Didn't Maria Esther de Capovilla manage to hold the title for about 8 months?

My favourite:

Didn't Maria Esther de Capovilla manage to hold the title for about 8 months?

Well taking the internet with a pinch of salt, as ever, Hendrikje van Andel-Schipper held the top spot for give or take 15 months. What were those arguments against the legalised forms of "Medicine" in the Netherlands again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendrikje_van_Andel-Schipper

Edit: Sorry just thought I'd draw your attention to these Stats for those anal enough to find it interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ref...006_December_28

Being a chemist I didn't get passed the second paragraph ;-) but by my reckoning some maths geek amongst us must be able to predict the next one...

Methusalah held it for years, his record will never be beaten.

Gen. 5:24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Enoch never died, so surely he has the record :party:

Weren't biblical years like dog years? Just imagine the trouble the Guiness book of records would have had before the Gregorian calendar....

Gen. 5:24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Enoch never died, so surely he has the record :party:

Except anyone who can transcend death can't be older than God, cos he was there - 'In the beginning,' along with 'The Word' obviously, though why they broadcast a Channel Four show back then to an audience of nothing beats me. :)

Except anyone who can transcend death can't be older than God, cos he was there - 'In the beginning,' along with 'The Word' obviously, though why they broadcast a Channel Four show back then to an audience of nothing beats me. :party:

God forbid but are you trying to tell me that Terry Christian is immortal?

I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but here is a link to the GRG (Gerontology Research Group). http://grg.org/Adams/E.HTM

Their table of 110+'s (Supercentenarians) currently has 84 oldies on it. Henry Allingham is at #67.

The group aims to "slow and ultimately reverse human aging..." - well that's somewhat believable, but the other half of their goal:

"...within the next 20 years" is laughable at best, considering that it seems from their web site that all they do is sit and stare at the chart of oldest people all day.

This has to be the first time in a long time where there is only one 114-year-old on the list. I can remember last year when there were a full 5-10 114 year-olds waiting to claim the top spot, along with a couple 115s. Maybe the GRG is actually accelerating human aging? :party:

Emma Tillman "was one of 23 children. Four of her sisters lived up to more than 100 years" (quoted by a number of sources)

Pretty impressive stats!

Monoclinic: God forbid but are you trying to tell me that Terry Christian is immortal?

MPFC: Well, you obviously remember him!

Monoclinic: God forbid but are you trying to tell me that Terry Christian is immortal?

MPFC: Well, you obviously remember him!

I am still in therapy now. I have nightmares when I hear a Manc accent, waking up in cold sweats thinking that he's close by.

According to this article the world's oldest are getting younger.

Is that article written by one of our users?

You wouldn't put any big money on Pete Doherty taking the crown, but an each-way bet on Rod Stewart doesn't sound so crazy. We might well live to see the day.

I have no idea where Rod Stweart comes from, the other suggestion however...

regards,

Hein

Is that article written by one of our users?

You wouldn't put any big money on Pete Doherty taking the crown, but an each-way bet on Rod Stewart doesn't sound so crazy. We might well live to see the day.

I have no idea where Rod Stweart comes from, the other suggestion however...

regards,

Hein

Maybe it's a Deathlist sympathiser?

The ghost of Harold Shipman?

Re: but an each-way bet on Rod Stewart doesn't sound so crazy. We might well live to see the day.

not unless you're already older than Rod - you could never collect your winnings?

The World's Oldest, Florence Finch b 22-12-1893 in the UK but now a Kiwi still breathes, older than Florrie Baldwin, a strip of a thing just approaching her 111th birthday.

Look at those eyes; she's a 45 year old speed freak masquerading as a celebrated oldster.