Mr Stats

World's Oldest

1. Besse Cooper USA 116 (World and Olympic champion)

2. Dina Manfredini Ita 115 (European champion)

3. Jiroemon Kimura Jap 115

4. Misawo Okawa Jap 114

5. Koto Oboko Jap 114

6. Mamie Rearden USA 113

7. Hatsue Ono Jap 113

8. Maria Redaelli-Granoli Ita 113

9. Elsie Thompson USA 113

10. Jeralean Talley USA 113

11. Beryl Kapaun USA 113

11. Susannah Mushatt Jones USA 113

12. Bernice Madigan USA 113

13. Soledad Mexia Mex 113

14. Evelyn Kozak USA 113

15. Mitsue Nagasaki Jap 113

16. Terue Ashida Jap 113

117. Nellie Whittington 113

18. Emma Morano-Martinuzzi Ita 113

19. Grace Jones UK 112

20. James Sisnett Barb 112

Kapow to Kapaun, Betty Kapaun, the original number 14, current number 11, has died, http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21762&Itemid=57

By the way, of that original list, Ishida, Nakamura, Takamiyagi have all died - http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM - and a few more besides, so Gracie moves up into the top 20. I've amended the original table in TAFKAG to update it accordingly.

• Like 1

36 Victorians still left, fighting their way through 21st century life.

2 men & 34 Women.

7 Down in just over 7 Weeks, their dropping like flies!

2013 will be their last fling as a DDP theme team, then. Assuming the remaining lads go first, I may bag twenty of the lasses and go for all out bad-taste by naming my 20 "The Pussy Perishes Last" whaddya reckon?

2 men & 34 Women.

2013 will be their last fling as a DDP theme team, then. Assuming the remaining lads go first, I may bag twenty of the lasses and go for all out bad-taste by naming my 20 "The Pussy Perishes Last" whaddya reckon?

That's OK, but a warning that some of these old-timers don't seem to get the requisite British obit (see Violet Wood)...

Youu could go all Biblical with Luke 20:32 "Last of all the woman died also"

2 men & 34 Women.

That's OK, but a warning that some of these old-timers don't seem to get the requisite British obit (see Violet Wood)...

Aye, fair point re Wood but I'm thinking the point of a team full of such lowly scorers wouldn't be to win, it would be to set a DDP record with 20 deaths inside the one calendar year.

2 men & 34 Women.

Aye, fair point re Wood but I'm thinking the point of a team full of such lowly scorers wouldn't be to win, it would be to set a DDP record with 20 deaths inside the one calendar year.

The impossible dream...

2 men & 34 Women.

The impossible dream...

With all of the good will, from all Death Listers around the globe, in pursuit of your record attempt, be strong comrade and remember,

"He who dares to dream, wins!"

Or summat like dis!

Guest annoyed

I'm annoyed and mad that this is happening. I wanted him to become the celebrity Jiroemon Kimura. :angry:

http://en.wikipedia....Jiroemon_Kimura

Post moved

Edited by Paul Bearer
Moved from Oscar Niemeyer thread

Guest Guest

jesus she took her time to snuff it!

besse cooper another one i had on my list for 2013 , guess it makes it easier to whittle down now .

Happy Birthday to Grace Jones, 113 Yesterday!!

She's keeping well, considering

While Besse Cooper held her title for an amazingly long time, Dina Manfredini couldn't even handle two weeks: She's a goner, passing the torch to Jiroemon Kimura.

While Besse Cooper held her title for an amazingly long time, Dina Manfredini couldn't even handle two weeks: She's a goner, passing the torch to Jiroemon Kimura.

One of only two men in the top 50. Grace Jones up to 16th.

Guest Guest

So not only is Jiromen Kimura now the oldest person in the world,if he lives to the end of next week he will also be the oldest man who has ever lived! hang in there Jimo.I've got 100 quid on you making it!

One of only two men in the top 50. Grace Jones up to 16th.

Aye, the pussy perishes last!

Mrs. Manfredini may be a slightly dodgy pick for 2013, although her odds of survival to 2014 are still less than even.

and

Well, that's that settled. :blush:

Meanwhile I did a bit of statistical analysis on the wisdom of picking the world's oldest for DDP. I ran all of them from 1985 till now through a spreadsheet and the following numbers came up:

Average tenure as world's oldest: 337 days

Median tenure as world's oldest: 207 days (the difference is so big, because Jeanne Calment held the title for 9 years and 206 days)

A hit if picked:17 from 26 years. (1986, 1987, 1988, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002,2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012)

Picking the next oldest would have yielded a hit in 7 from 26 years (1987, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012)

ETA: Here's a graph of the lenght of tenure of the world's oldest:

worldsoldestgraph.jpg

My conclusion is: picking the world's oldest is a pretty safe bet, even though he or she gets you few points. Only two of them managed to survive through one calendar year or more, aformentioned Mrs Calment and María Capovilla.

Mr Kimura will be on my DDP team. All men who held the title (2) died within a year.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Graph added.

When was the last time the World's oldest person was male?

When was the last time the World's oldest person was male?

Emiliano Mercado del Toro, born 21 August 1891, oldest from 11 December 2006, died 24 January 2007.

regards,

Hein

God these really old people are dying alot recently , I think maybe a conspiracy theory .

Definitely something wrong its almost like they get to a certain age and can't live anymore. :D