Typhoid Harry

James Bond 007 (Connery/Moore/Villains etc)

Sean Connery. Supposedly more ill - cancer apparently - than has been let on. And he's scottish, not known for long lives.

Sean Connery. Supposedly more ill - cancer apparently - than has been let on. And he's scottish, not known for long lives.

Welcome rockers; and may I be the first to welcome you to the Death List. :)

Might be a good idea to spend your first 4 minutes of membership looking to see what threads already exist rather than creating a new thread for Sean Connery though. Scottish, you say? Difficult to tell sometimes, due to his extraordinary talent for multitudinous accents. :D

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a dedicated Sean Connery thread, or if not the 'ideas & possibilities for 2007' thread should cover it. In fact, voila!

Sean Connery existing thread.

Erm, a pointless question perhaps, but do you have me on 'ignore'?

A bit like when you get a fax that says 'if you do not receive this fax, please call xxx xxxx and we will re-send it'. :D

Having seen him on tv a couple of times recently, I think Sir Sean Connery is a strong possibility for the Death List 2009.

On hearing him speak his distinctive voice is weak and I think the throat cancer has returned.

Edited by Lady Grendel
Post moved to existing thread.

EERie and Spooky is the only way to describe this. I was on the telephone just moments ago and we were discussing Sean. We both agreed he is still fantastic and that we'd clean our abodes for a visit from him.

While on that call I decided to come to this site and imagine my surprise when I saw Sean was being discussed.

At any rate, Sean is doing fine and still quite involved most notably of recently speaking off against the mergering of HBOS and Lloyds TSB. I don't have the foggiest what this is all about but I do know that it tells me that he's still alive and well and of sound body and mind.

EERie and Spooky is the only way to describe this. I was on the telephone just moments ago and we were discussing Sean. We both agreed he is still fantastic and that we'd clean our abodes for a visit from him.

While on that call I decided to come to this site and imagine my surprise when I saw Sean was being discussed.

At any rate, Sean is doing fine and still quite involved most notably of recently speaking off against the mergering of HBOS and Lloyds TSB. I don't have the foggiest what this is all about but I do know that it tells me that he's still alive and well and of sound body and mind.

Neither does he. He just thinks it may help to boost his nationalist credentials...

I did read a week or so ago that he said to be in failing health, although he denies it.

Was this bloke ever discussed as a candidate for the 2012 list? I was reading somewhere a while ago that he´d cancelled all his public appearances from here on in which could indicate that he was near death.

Was this bloke ever discussed as a candidate for the 2012 list? I was reading somewhere a while ago that he´d cancelled all his public appearances from here on in which could indicate that he was near death.

This is the most recent article I can find from Oct 15th last year

Sean Connery refuses to show in Spanish court, citing age and health

Not strictly Hollywood, but Eunice Gayson (b. 1928) was the very first Bond girl in Dr. No (and From Russia With Love), set to publish her autobiography and part of some cash-in for the upcoming release of Skyfall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-19560645

One to bear in mind, would definitely generate a fair bit of press coverage

Not strictly Hollywood, but Eunice Gayson (b. 1928) was the very first Bond girl in Dr. No (and From Russia With Love), set to publish her autobiography and part of some cash-in for the upcoming release of Skyfall

http://www.bbc.co.uk...slands-19560645

There is a Sean Connery/Roger Moore thread as well as a Bond villans threas. Hell Lois Maxwell got her own thread. Maybe there should be one merged thread for all things James Bondie.

I am unlikely to post in it as I have not watched a Bond film since poor old Timothy Dalton played him!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...slands-19560645

There is a Sean Connery/Roger Moore thread as well as a Bond villans threas. Hell Lois Maxwell got her own thread. Maybe there should be one merged thread for all things James Bondie.

I am unlikely to post in it as I have not watched a Bond film since poor old Timothy Dalton played him!

Thought there might have been but I honestly couldn't be arsed wading through 50 odd pages trying to find it

There are a total of 4 seperate threads. One for Sean Connery, one for Connery/Moore and a third for lois maxwell and a final one (so far) for bond villans.

How about the tagline "No, Mr Bond I expect you to die!"

How about the tagline "No, Mr Bond I expect you to die!"

Good one. Updated.

• Like 1

Bond crew members are worth watching as well as cast, 2 notable ones are former series directors Guy Hamilton (b. 1922, directed Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Live and Let Die & Man With The Golden Gun) and Lewis Gilbert (b. 1920, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me & Moonraker)

#He was a sk8ter boy #................ Could go in many threads but Tom Sims dead @ 62. http://espn.go.com/action/snowboarding/story/_/id/8374232/toms-sims-skate-snowboard-pioneer-dies-cardiac-arrest

Was the snowboarding stunt double for Moore in ''A View to a Kill''.

Of lesser note, he was Skateboarding World Champion (1975) and Snowboarding World Champion (1983), and damn near invented snowboarding. Even Tony Hawks rode his boards whilst growing up.

#He was a sk8ter boy #................ Could go in many threads but Tom Sims dead @ 62. http://espn.go.com/action/snowboarding/story/_/id/8374232/toms-sims-skate-snowboard-pioneer-dies-cardiac-arrest

Of lesser note, he was Skateboarding World Champion (1975) and Snowboarding World Champion (1983), and damn near invented snowboarding. Even Tony Hawks rode his boards whilst growing up.

You mean Tony Hawk. Tony Hawks is a British comedian

#He was a sk8ter boy #................ Could go in many threads but Tom Sims dead @ 62. http://espn.go.com/a...-cardiac-arrest

So a comedian cannot skateboard as a boy?

• Like 1

A snowboarding stunt double? What next? An extra standing in the background? I'm sure there's a stuntman thread somewhere.

A snowboarding stunt double? What next? An extra standing in the background? I'm sure there's a stuntman thread somewhere.

Yeah but as he was Moores double I thought he would count as on film he was James Bond.

ps I know re Hawk/s after JR's post, just refusing to be wrong.

#He was a sk8ter boy #................ Could go in many threads but Tom Sims dead @ 62. http://espn.go.com/a...-cardiac-arrest

So a comedian cannot skateboard as a boy?

I guess it was a childhood ambition that didn't work out

• Like 1