Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

38 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

True!
On a serious note, both deaths were in winter, and a sad commentary on how the poor are treated worldwide, but esp here in America.
SC

Exactly. I'm glad when all this sadness is over. As Skip James (then Cream) put it: I'm so glad, I'm so glad, I'm glad etc.

The captain of a 20-seater business jet has been killed today in Finland at the Kittilä airport by the front door of the plane. There were no passengers at the time of the event.

Man killed in India for not wearing a helmet.

Madhyamgram: A 45-year-old man died after being allegedly beaten up by one of the two civic police volunteers who had stopped him for riding a two-wheeler without a helmet on Saturday morning.

Witnesses said the volunteers demanded money from Soumen Debnath, a resident of Srinagar in Madhyamgram, North 24-Parganas, before the assault.

Some residents of the area who saw Debnath slump to the ground took him to Madhyamgram Grameen Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.

Bah I posted the MRI story elsewhere, hadn't seen this one, sorry.  I just had an MRI on my knee....anyone calling 'bs' to this story and/or headline?  
SC

Lee Goggin, the Texas man who was seriously injured when a St. Johns County sand dune collapsed on him Sunday, has died.   Goggin was not breathing when he was pulled from a sand dune where he had been digging while visiting the beach.  Goggin was taken to Flagler Hospital, where he was reportedly unable to breathe on his own.  

After the family walked down the beach with their young children to play and "burn some energy," Goggin started to dig a tunnel in the sand dune near the beach walkover, Burt said.

Deputies said they learned a child, at one point, was in the tunnel but then exited it. Goggin at some point had turned around in the tunnel and started to dig backward when the entire dune collapsed, burying Goggin.
SC

Serves the fucker right

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Looks like an Animal Antic to me.

Nope. Animals don't shoot rifles.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Nope. Animals don't shoot rifles.

I beg to differ. Here's a case of cold blooded murder where the killer got away with it through the cunning disguise of being a dog.

Also happens a lot in the US, when people dress their dogs up with guns, and then paws get near guns, and Darwin Awards happen.

Soon to be sprayed under a school swing set near you...

An investigation is underway after a man died when he fell into a tire shredder while on the job.   Byron Jones, 26, was killed at a tire recycling plant in Texas on Friday.

Jones couldn’t get free from a tire shredder after being caught in the machine and the company didn’t realize what happened until co-workers reported Jones missing.
SC

Masturbation kills up to 100 Germans a year, according to a study which has also uncovered the bizarre ways people have died pleasuring themselves.

One man whilst wearing pantyhose, a raincoat and a diving suit as well as a plastic bag over his head, died after sitting next to a heater as he tried to melt slices of cheese on his body. :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5367569/Masturbation-kills-100-Germans-year-study-finds.html

59 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Masturbation kills up to 100 Germans a year, according to a study which has also uncovered the bizarre ways people have died pleasuring themselves.

One man whilst wearing pantyhose, a raincoat and a diving suit as well as a plastic bag over his head, died after sitting next to a heater as he tried to melt slices of cheese on his body. :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5367569/Masturbation-kills-100-Germans-year-study-finds.html

Fucking Daily Heil clickbait headline. Masturbation doesn't kill you, being stupid kills you. Otherwise, presumably, had he just been sitting next to a heater trying to melt slices of cheese on his body while wearing the pantyhose, raincoat, diving suit and plastic bag over his head but doing the Die Welt crossword, he wouldn't have died.

3 minutes ago, time said:

Masturbation doesn't kill you

Give me 10 mins and I'll check.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Well not this time anyway :vulture: 

That's good; I'm impressed. It would have taken me longer than 10 minutes to get into the diving suit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To be honest it took me most of the 10 minutes to select my favourite emoji for having a wank! There wasn't a chicken to choke but I decided throttling a vulture was the closest I was going to get!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

To be honest it took me most of the 10 minutes to select my favourite emoji for having a wank! There wasn't a chicken to choke but I decided throttling a vulture was the closest I was going to get! Stroking

FTFY :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Well not this time anyway :vulture: 

Ahhh,  but are you German? 

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

:scratchhead:

"Masturbation kills up to 100 Germans a year, according to a study ...."
The study is limited to Germans, GUN.